Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    TJmax for modern day CPU's is like 105-110C.. why is yours downclocking at 75? :/
    Saying for the 3rd time, it's the Intel thermal adaptive monitor feature.

"The Adaptive Thermal Monitor feature is intended to help protect the processor in the event that an application exceeds the TDP recommendation for a sustained time period. As such during the course of overclocking this can affect the stability of the frequnecy defined. As such it is advised it be disabled when under overclocking and stress testing with high load and high power consumption sythetics or applications. Be advised this will not disable the CPUs internal TCC functionality."

Source: http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...1&limitstart=5

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Should I just pump up the ratio and let the MP stay at 42, as to get 4.2+ overclocks? I've been running that 105+ ratio for a very long time, no problems at all (temps are a little higher than I would have liked em, but I kind of put too much thermal paste on back then, so could be that). I never get above 75c anyways.
    You just have to overclock with the turbo ratio and leave the cpu ratio at auto. It's not necessary to overclock with the turbo ratio, but I prefer to. Not that anyone mentioned it here, LLC should be finetuned. If someone can give you the proper llc setting because the Asrock's bios is different than Asus which I'm used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Butler Log maybe read my faking post ??
    my 2500k is 48x104 that gives almost 5ghz.
    When ivys came out i got myself one to test out and that would not pass 4.4 no mater what

ItsRedd i got OC protection plan from intel. I dont give crap if my cpu dies.... I sold that ivy and lost 35f on that deal and i wont De lid IVY to change that shitty thermal compound inside ---> void warranty

Like i said if new chips in Jun can push 4.8-5 i will sell my MB+CPU and get myself something new
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Just came to a very sucky realization.

Basically, I was looking at some overclocking leaderboards, and saw a CPU-Z screenshot using my processor. Under "Name", it said "Intel Core i7 2600k", and that was when I realized that mine didn't have the "k" in it, and I had always been thinking that the detection just couldn't tell unlocked and locked processors apart.

So yeaaah, it seems that my CPU is actually locked, but I still manage to run it at 4.4 GHz (it jumps back and forth constantly, 4.4, 4.3, then back to 4.1 etc), a little above the normal turbo clock. Gonna wait for Haswell and grab a (hopefully) sweet i5 when that time comes.

For context, I didn't buy the CPU thinking it was unlocked, I bought this PC a couple years ago, prebuilt, and have since switched every single part except for the RAM, PSU, and CPU, so I had no clue bout the CPU, and this was before I knew anything about building myself.

So yeaaaaah, another reason not to go prebuilt if you're at all enthusiastic about performance.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2013-04-18 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metaphoric
    nice oc for locked Sandy mate

Remember next time to buy K series cpu few extra pounds and its proper oc cpu :P
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.