Question Question about Monthly Computer Builds

Hey everyone,

So I've built one computer for myself about 4-5 years ago on a "bang for my buck" budget of around $800 (for the rig itself, excluding monitor/keyboard/etc). Anyways, it's about that time to start looking for upgrades or to overhaul the entire rig and make a new one. My question is, how solid are the builds that mmo-champ provides? From what I can tell they look pretty damn solid. My rig took me ~3 months of looking at various parts, reading several reviews, and waiting for the best prices on the parts I wanted. Ideally I wouldn't like to spend that much time on my next rig as I don't have that amount of time available to invest in this.

How long would one of the builds probably last? By that I mean, how long would a rig of the provided builds play games extremely smoothly with settings up high? I haven't done any overclocking as I fear it wears down the CPU faster (but that just may be me being naive). I'd be looking at probably something like the #2 rated build with maybe various parts from the #1 build where I can depending on overall cost.

Any help would be appreciated. If these builds are as good as I think they are, I may start looking into getting the necessary parts.

Thanks!
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    average $1,200 computer will last you about 4 years of good gaming
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    The "MMO-Champ Recommended Builds" are nice to get an idea of what you're looking for... However there are people on this forum who peruse parts, prices, news, feedback, and benchmarks on a daily basis. You can easily follow the Build Help Readme and someone (or me!) can easily provide you with a current build, as well as explain why they think X parts are better than Y for your budget/use.

And of course, if you don't buy it within a couple weeks.. You can always save that build, and if a particular part goes on sale or something, you can quickly just post "Hey, is this a good choice in comparison to the original one?" and get feedback within an hour.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Wow... Chazus. Thanks for the perfect reply. I'll definitely utilize this info so I can cut down my research of 3 months to almost nothing! Greatly appreciate it!
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.