Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... vikings!

Also Norse Mythology!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Don't be silly. Denmark's the real enemy. Eyes on target, comrade.
    I agree, if you cant understand what someone is saying they are probably alien!
    All guns aimed and Denmark so we can repel this alian infestation imo.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

it is were my mothers father is from but i know very little from it other than yes the stereotypical: Vikings, black metal. but it also gave us Kvelertak, so Norway deserves an award in my opinion. or didn't it already win one?
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-04-20 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Damnit someone beat me to it. But yeah I know Oslo because of black metal also. Norway does seem to be a very beautiful looking place. Majority of Norway is some form of catholic also I think.
    Catho-what? No, nothing of that sort here. Actually - The Church here got separated from...what's it called... State. Yeah, On paper we dont have a church anymore.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    det tar et jævla år før media kommer over 22. juli hendelsen, og selv nå kommer det opp nyhetssaker om advokatene og whatnot.

we find a lot of oil in artic places, and pay of the right people to produce as much Co2 as we want!
    we also pay kids who does not want to work and does not want to go to school 5-10k NoK each month, while the kids who goes to school gets nothing if they have allready gone to school 3 years.
    Og det tar verden 12 år å komme over 9/11.
    Jeg var der. Dropp det.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No. The vast majority belong to the Church of Norway, which is Lutheran IIRC.
    Correct, the vast majority of Norwegians are members of the Lutheran Protestant Church. However, religion is for the most part treated as make believe here. The amount of practicing religious persons are very low. For the most part christenings, confirmations, church weddings and simply being a member of the church is just tradition and not looked upon as religious activities.

Also, a lot of people have mentioned oil. This is absolutely correct, though natural gasses also make up a large portion of our income as a country - not just fish, wood and oil. :-)

And yeah... our movies. Ugh. There's about 2 good ones every decade. It's horrible.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Correct, the vast majority of Norwegians are members of the Lutheran Protestant Church. However, religion is for the most part treated as make believe here. The amount of practicing religious persons are very low. For the most part christenings, confirmations, church weddings and simply being a member of the church is just tradition and not looked upon as religious activities.

Also, a lot of people have mentioned oil. This is absolutely correct, though natural gasses also make up a large portion of our income as a country - not just fish, wood and oil. :-)

And yeah... our movies. Ugh. There's about 2 good ones every decade. It's horrible.
    I'm curous, do norweigens automatically become a member of the state religion when born unless parents declare otherwise like we have it in Sweden?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Mainly what I've read in Scandinavia and the World. All I really remember from that is the butter crisis though. Aside from that, there's Harald Hardrade, Kalmar Union and Denmark-Norway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually not sure anymore. When I was born (1992) this was certainly the case even though there isn't a single religious person in my extended family even. The state and the church split up recently though so it might not be the case anymore. Perhaps somebody else knows?

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 01:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheFurry View Post
    Mainly what I've read in Scandinavia and the World. All I really remember from that is the butter crisis though. Aside from that, there's Harald Hardrade, Kalmar Union and Denmark-Norway.
    Ugh, that silly thing. A high-fat, low-carb diet became extremely popular as a way to lose weight, so all the high fat butters were swept off the store shelves in a matter of weeks and we could only get a hold of super low fat and cooking butter for ages.

I don't understand though how such a diet can lead to a healthy body. You're literally eating as much fat and as little carb as possible - dinner may consist of a ton of bacon etc. My guess is that it leads to a skinny and extremely unhealthy body in the long run. Oh well, as long as it's skinny I guess. >_> /Facepalm
    Armory
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I don't understand though how such a diet can lead to a healthy body. You're literally eating as much fat and as little carb as possible - dinner may consist of a ton of bacon etc. My guess is that it leads to a skinny and extremely unhealthy body in the long run. Oh well, as long as it's skinny I guess. >_> /Facepalm
    Yeah that's what does peoples head in. You can actually eat fat and lose weight.

That's what ketogenic diets are based on. Carbs are converted into glucose which is then transported around the body and used as fuel. However, if there is very little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketones pass into the body and replace glucose as an energy source. The upshot being the fat and protein reduces hunger and provides more energy on less food.

You can sustain it long term but you need to have rest days each week to allow for your body to replenish nutrients and some sugars. To give an example of its use is to reduce epilepsy seizure frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm curous, do norweigens automatically become a member of the state religion when born unless parents declare otherwise like we have it in Sweden?
    If you are baptised in the church which almost everyone is even though most people are not religious, you automatically becomes a member of the Church of Norway. So the church is stating that Norway is a very christian country because statisticly 80-85% are members of the church. But in reality over 50% (maybe a lot more) of the people in Norway are actually atheists. Like Rinoa said we just do stuff in the church because it's a tradition, we don't care about the actual religion. Fewer than 10 percent of Norwegians attend church regularly.

This comic sums it up well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MdAlmighty View Post
    If you are baptised in the church which almost everyone is even though most people are not religious, you automatically becomes a member of the Church of Norway. So the church is stating that Norway is a very christian country because statisticly 80-85% are members of the church. But in reality over 50% (maybe a lot more) of the people in Norway are actually atheists. Like Rinoa said we just do stuff in the church because it's a tradition, we don't care about the actual religion. Fewer than 10 percent of Norwegians attend church regularly.
    Then we have it even more stupid in Sweden, you dont even have to be baptised to automatically become a member of the state church.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Then we have it even more stupid in Sweden, you dont even have to be baptised to automatically become a member of the state church.
    I feel for you.
    Armory
    Twitter