1. #1

    Horridon Orb of Control macro

    I was wondering if there was anyway of making a macro that targets the Orb of Control and also uses the orb.
    I basicaly want a /tar Orb of Control
    /use Orb of Control
    But i'm not even sure if its a possible macro, i'd be really great full if someone could help me please

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,045
    I could be mistaken but I think you cannot interact with objects in a macro.

    You can bind a key to "Interact with target" though.
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  3. #3
    Thx alot for the help but its really the targeting that the problem. The dino is always stood on top of it or the orb is surrounded by sand.

  4. #4
    If you have a target macro for it, you can click the target macro and then use your "interact" button

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Just have the tank move the dinomancer when it hits 50?
    That's not very helpful. Mobs can be very unresponsive. The tank would have to move quite a long distance, and then you'd get into the problem with spawning orbs, totems, poison or traps and thereby limiting your space more than neccesary.
    Some people just like to do a fight in the most effective way possible. You wouldn't go with 9 people in stead of 10, just because it is possible, would you?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    That's not very helpful. Mobs can be very unresponsive. The tank would have to move quite a long distance, and then you'd get into the problem with spawning orbs, totems, poison or traps and thereby limiting your space more than neccesary.
    Some people just like to do a fight in the most effective way possible. You wouldn't go with 9 people in stead of 10, just because it is possible, would you?
    Not helpful? On the contrary -- my suggestion is probably the only solution to the OPs problem. You can't target the orb, after all, and his problem is that mobs are on top of the orb. Moving those mobs solves the problem 100% of the time.

    Allow me to explain:

    Have you ever tanked the fight? I have. Do you know what happens when you're tanking 3+ mobs at once (which you almost certainly are by the time the Dinomancer drops)? Those mobs tend to make obvious movements in response to tank movements. The more mobs you're tanking, the more exagerated their movements (because mobs, by design, do not like to occupy the same space).

    In other words, the dinomancer won't be unresponsive, the tank won't have to move a long distance, and you won't get into any problems with orbs, totems, poisons or traps. Mobs on this fight, unless casting spells, are very responsive due to the fact that there are almost always several of them up at once.

    I realize this post might come off as rude, but I'm kind of shocked that you would suggest that my post wasn't helpful. My suggestion is 100% effective and easy to accomplish. It's the most obvious piece of advice in the thread. I could've simply said, "I've never had any trouble grabbing the orb on my warlock, even when it's in the middle of a pile of mobs." I didn't say that. I offered a solution to the OP's problem. Quite probably the only working solution in this thread and certainly the "most effective way way possible," as you put it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Just have the tank move the dinomancer when it hits 50?
    This is what we do (and what I've seen everyone else do). If you can't hit the orb and the tank isn't moving, tell him to GTFO.

  9. #9
    The Patient BaP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Zul'jin
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Not helpful? On the contrary -- my suggestion is probably the only solution to the OPs problem. You can't target the orb, after all, and his problem is that mobs are on top of the orb. Moving those mobs solves the problem 100% of the time.

    Allow me to explain:

    Have you ever tanked the fight? I have. Do you know what happens when you're tanking 3+ mobs at once (which you almost certainly are by the time the Dinomancer drops)? Those mobs tend to make obvious movements in response to tank movements. The more mobs you're tanking, the more exagerated their movements (because mobs, by design, do not like to occupy the same space).

    In other words, the dinomancer won't be unresponsive, the tank won't have to move a long distance, and you won't get into any problems with orbs, totems, poisons or traps. Mobs on this fight, unless casting spells, are very responsive due to the fact that there are almost always several of them up at once.

    I realize this post might come off as rude, but I'm kind of shocked that you would suggest that my post wasn't helpful. My suggestion is 100% effective and easy to accomplish. It's the most obvious piece of advice in the thread. I could've simply said, "I've never had any trouble grabbing the orb on my warlock, even when it's in the middle of a pile of mobs." I didn't say that. I offered a solution to the OP's problem. Quite probably the only working solution in this thread and certainly the "most effective way way possible," as you put it.
    Yes good suggestion it was, but what I don't get is why people tank the mobs where the Dinomancer drops in the first place,....... when facing the door on the first door the Dinomancer always drops down to the right of that door.....so why not tank the mobs on the left side SO the sand traps are over there ????
    Next door the Dinomancer drops down to the left side ( as you are facing the door) so do your tanking on the right and keep the Frozen Orbs to the right and AWAY from the Dinomancer???? Now do we see a pattern with where the Dinomancer drops down ??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •