Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd rather be cremated; saves money, and space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun33 View Post
    I want to be taken to a taxidermist and then mounted at Bass Pro Shop fighting a bear.
    Lol

you do realize you will be mounted life like..scary life like bad smile and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn me to ash.

Edit: on second thought, send me to the Sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a closed casket and i also dont want to be embalmed because i have taken so much from mother nature, same can be said for the race as a whole, i just want to at least give my body as a fertilizer.I also want my casket to be just a pine box then also plant a tree right on top of my grave.
    Last edited by Deathpath; 2013-04-19 at 04:00 AM.

I myself don't want a funeral I don't see the point of funerals. I don't even want a marked grave. A paupers grave is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    I want a closed casket and i also dont want to be embalmed because i have taken so much from mother nature, same can be said for the race as a whole, i just want to at least give my body as a fertilizer.I also want my casket to be just a pine box then also plant a tree right on top of my grave.
    Have to find a special cemetery for that. Most of them require a vault of at least rough concrete.

I graduated from a mortuary school and I much prefer the idea of cremation to embalming. To those thinking about cremation just be sure you and loved ones understand that cremains aren't ashes, they are bone fragments. The chamber leaves almost no ash, your bones are put into a pulverizer and ground up. That is what is in the urn.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    I myself don't want a funeral I don't see the point of funerals. I don't even want a marked grave. A paupers grave is fine by me.
    Funerals are for the living to facilitate grieving. Seeing the dead body seals the finality of loss into a person. The gathering of the funeral itself is to grieve with friends and family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably closed. I hate going to open casket funerals.

Deleted
    I'll be incinerated. I know I will be dead and it won't matter, but I don't want a freak circus around my corpse.

Closed since I would prefer at this time to be cremated. As well, it would be cheaper.

http://bigthink.com/design-for-good/...-after-you-die

I can finally be a tree! :P I just hope no one forgets to water me.

I can't even articulate why but I've never liked the idea of cremation, and always preferred the idea of burial. I don't like all of the stuff that goes with it though, so I just want one of the simple eco/green burials. No casket or embalming etc. Just put me in a hole in the ground, plant something nice over me and let me decompose naturally.

There are more cemeteries popping up that allow those kind of burials lately, hopefully there's still some around when it's time for me to go.

The only funeral I ever went to was my grandfather's. And he was cremated. I don't plan on seeing a dead body. EVER. I love my family, but I really don't want to see their dead bodies. I have a vivid imagination, and that's all I need to go closed casket. In all honesty, I'd prefer to be cremated, and thrown back in the dirt somewhere :/ Not like my body is all that important after I'm dead. Maybe for those left behind, but... if they want to disregard my wishes. That's their thing, it's not like I'd be capable of complaining!

10+ Year Old Account
    cremated, privately, remains to my partner, and private memorial with friends

Deleted
    I don't really give a damn what happens to me after I'm dead. For all I care, my family could cut me up in pieces and put me in bottles and sell them to cannibals for money.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be cremated when I die. Will my wish be honored, I don't know. I haven't seen any open casket funerals because that is not a thing here. I've seen my great-grandmom dead in the hospital and that was enough. Dead people freak me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    http://bigthink.com/design-for-good/...-after-you-die

I can finally be a tree! :P I just hope no one forgets to water me.
    I wanna be cremated and have no idea what id like to happen afterwards, your idea is pretty cool though!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

I would ideally not like to have any sort of showing, but in the end I won't be there to make that call.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Personally, I could care less because I will be dead, but for my family I would probably want a closed casket.

My preference would to be cremated. I'd rather people remember me how I was alive than see me once more in a wooden box. When I go to open casket funerals, I don't look at the body. I just quickly walk by and move on to the close family members in the meeting line.

That being said, I'll let my husband decide. Funerals and memorial services are for the living that remain. My husband and I recently went to my grandmother's graveside service. My grandfather had thought he'd decided not to see her in the casket. However, after the service, he asked to see her once more to say goodbye. The people handling that aspect of it obliged, and it was a very bittersweet moment. They'd been married a little over 70 years. I won't deny my husband that opportunity, if it means that much to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Evalonne View Post

That being said, I'll let my husband decide. Funerals and memorial services are for the living that remain. My husband and I recently went to my grandmother's graveside service. My grandfather had thought he'd decided not to see her in the casket. However, after the service, he asked to see her once more to say goodbye. The people handling that aspect of it obliged, and it was a very bittersweet moment. They'd been married a little over 70 years. I won't deny my husband that opportunity, if it means that much to him.
    I'm glad he saw her one last time. The funeral home must oblige to the wishes of the person with right of disposition. The funeral director may advise against doing so but he only has custody not ownership.

Other small things people should keep in mind during funeral arrangements.
    If a funeral is pre arranged and money put into a cd or other fund, the interest built over the cost of the funeral goes back to the family. It is not the funeral homes.

The cheapest casket is usually displayed in the ugliest color. They can order that $300 casket in silver instead of lime green. If you don't like anything in the selection room then ask to see a book. Casket companies deliver in time for funerals. They also cannot stop or charge you from using a casket purchased from a place like coscos.