Dark Souls II Shield Contest

I have a huge passion for the Souls series, and Dark Souls in particular. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

For those that do not know, the contest is a shield design one taking place on Facebook using templates provided by FromSoftware. The templates are different based on your region of the world, so make sure you pick the right one for where you are living! You create a design with whatever means you have, be it photoshop, paint, or just a pencil and paper, and submit it your the app for review. If it is accepted it will be put up in the gallery for voting.

The top 2 of the top 30 shields in each region will be picked and put into the game, along with the creators being put in the games credits. They will also receive a signed copy of the game.

So far the voting is just starting! Most of the top 30 have under 200 votes and it is prime time to get in and enter. I would love to help anyone interested, and will be throwing votes left and right to my Souls brethren.

The link to the contest is here --->Dark Souls II Shield Contest

If you would like to take a look at my entry and maybe even throw me a vote if you like it, it is located here ---->The Gorgon's Guard

Good luck to all, and happy shield making!

That's a really cool idea. Didn't they do this with one of the other games, or was that another game entirely?

I was going to have a go myself, thinking it'll be some "choose x shield with y art asset and z border" flash style shield creator, but you actually have to make it YOURSELF? Ah, my paint skills only go so far!

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    That's a really cool idea. Didn't they do this with one of the other games, or was that another game entirely?

I was going to have a go myself, thinking it'll be some "choose x shield with y art asset and z border" flash style shield creator, but you actually have to make it YOURSELF? Ah, my paint skills only go so far!
    I can help suggest some things for people who don't know much about the photoshop. Don't worry too much about what it looks like, you just want your concept to come through very clearly.

and yes they have done this with both Demon and Dark Souls. Happy they are doing it again, first time I actually put some work into it

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 08:12 PM ----------

My shield is getting some votes, and I very much appreciate if any of them are coming from here

I hope some other people are interested in making some designs so I can vote for em myself