Whats the best PC for under $1600 that can run ultra settings in WoW/Steam games?

Whats the best PC for under $1600 that can run ultra settings in WoW/Steam games? I dont want to build a PC I just want a great PC to play games in ultra settings with no problems.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you want to build a PC? I ask this because it annoys me people wont spend 20 min to learn how to build their own instead of wasting 200 $ + to get someone else to do it for them with parts that are either average or don't go together with the build.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Don't know how, Don't know where to buy all the parts, Scared i might mess something up, I would rather pay 200 extra then build it, as if i mess it up im gonna have pay for it, if they mess it up theyre paying, also im not sure if they have warrantys on parts and stuff like that..... so if you can help me thanks if not thats okay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Why don't you want to build a PC? I ask this because it annoys me people wont spend 20 min to learn how to build their own instead of wasting 200 $ + to get someone else to do it for them with parts that are either average or don't go together with the build.
    It's worth the extra cost to some people not to deal with the hassle. I'm perfectly capable of changing the oil in my car, but I gladly pay someone else to do it because I don't want to deal with it.

I just did a quick look around, but for a desktop I'd tentatively go with this: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_E810 Using their options to bump the GPU to an HD 7970 brings you in at $1592, and there are a few ways to decrease or increase the price as you see fit.
    Last edited by insmek; 2013-04-20 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ask the same thing about people who spend the money to get oil changes/brakes done. It's so easy to do themselves. Some people would prefer to pay someone else to do it because they do not know how to do it.

OP I dont buy PCs like what you are looking for but I have friends in the same predicament that bought from cyberpowerpc.com. How good that site is not sure maybe someone who knows a lot more can confirm that its a good place with good builds.

I've helped friends configure a pc on ibuypower.com. Just for giggles, I configured a system with a nice NZXT Phantom Case (red, of course), I5-3570k CPU, 2x8Gb DDR3 1600 Ram, GeForce GTX 670 FTW GPU, 750w Corsair PSU and windows 7 pro. My system came in at about $1550. The three people I know that have used their service all paid for the "air bags" for shipping.

Caveat: iBuyPower takes their sweet arse time in getting your system built and to you. My buddy just had a $3500 rig built and it was nearly 3 weeks from payment to doorstep.

On the other hand, all three friends have been super happy with their computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    I just did a quick look around, but for a desktop I'd tentatively go with this: http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer_Paladin_E810 Using their options to bump the GPU to an HD 7970 brings you in at $1592, and there are a few ways to decrease or increase the price as you see fit.
    3770k is not needed unless it's used for rendering large files.

1592 could land him a sli 670 machine, talk about overpriced.

Look for parts with these if you don't wanna spend your time building yourself.

650 ti boost / 660 / 660 ti
    400+ watt seasonic / antec / Pc & power cooling / corsair hx/tx / xfx brands.

Comparing car brakes and oil changes is not the same, the problem with prebuilt is that he have less options for getting the best quality brands for the cost. He is looking at a 850-900 $ machine that will be perfectly fine running the game on maxed when 1600 builds are being suggested.

Since I take you don't know how to build you aren't planning on overclocking the cpu? In that case, look for a 3220/3470 machine.

Every part you receive have warranty, so if it's not working you can RMA it for a refund.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8
    17 min guide on how to build your own machine, It's just extremely easy. Don't waste your money when you can do it yourself.

If you still wanna buy a prebuilt then by all means go ahead, atleast I tried to persuade you

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($58.97 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.30 @ Newegg)
    Total: $784.19
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-20 15:48 EDT-0400)

A machine that would be more than fine running WoW and steam games. Without overclocking the CPU you will be lacking in raids when turning every settings at max. You would need to pay 1100$+ to even see the same performance as this machine as a prebuilt. Even then, some parts will probaly lack in quality.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-04-20 at 08:28 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    I've modified Toffie's build to mostly knock a ton of games around for about $1100 (before codes/MIR):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($162.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($40.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.30 @ Newegg)
    Total: $998.20
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-20 17:50 EDT-0400)

That should make it so that you can order the components and still have enough room, should you choose, to pay someone to build it for you and still come in under $1600.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you still wanna buy a prebuilt then by all means go ahead, atleast I tried to persuade you

The dude doesn't want to build one. Why is that such a terrible thing? All he wants to do is buy a PC that will max out games, right out of the box.

Why does it matter to you at all? He has the money and he wants to play right out of the box. I did the same thing last year. I don't know (nor care) how the stuff works. I just want to kill stuff in ultra settings. So I bought a premade expensive rig.

Not sure why this affects you, unless it's some pride thing. Some of us just want to play, we don't care how the shit works.

Do you do your own medical procedures too? Since you're willing to spend the "20 minutes" to learn how to remove your own gallbladder?

10+ Year Old Account
    For $1600 prebuilt should be something like: i5 3570 (not K, since I'm betting hed never overclock it), 8gb Ram, 2 7870s or 660tis, and a 128 gb SSD with 1tb storage drive.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference here is he is budget constrained and "out of the box" will not do what he wants with that budget. If he builds himself it will comfortably, that is why. Medical procedures is like saying well you can mix diesel and fertilizer to make amfo, might as well make a nuke in your spare time.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by byDash View Post
    Don't know how, Don't know where to buy all the parts, Scared i might mess something up, I would rather pay 200 extra then build it, as if i mess it up im gonna have pay for it, if they mess it up theyre paying, also im not sure if they have warrantys on parts and stuff like that..... so if you can help me thanks if not thats okay
    if you know someone who can build pcs and is confident with it, rather ask him to do it for - let's say - a tray of beer ^^ comes cheaper :P
    i build PCs for my mates all the time ... well, about 3-4 PCs a year that is *g*

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Why does it matter to you at all? He has the money and he wants to play right out of the box. I did the same thing last year. I don't know (nor care) how the stuff works. I just want to kill stuff in ultra settings. So I bought a premade expensive rig.

Not sure why this affects you, unless it's some pride thing. Some of us just want to play, we don't care how the shit works.

Do you do your own medical procedures too? Since you're willing to spend the "20 minutes" to learn how to remove your own gallbladder?
    Because why pay $1600 for a computer that you could build yourself for much less.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a "pride" thing, i just dont want him to take bad advice and spend 1600 $ machine that he could have bought the same for 800. Perhaps money mean nothing to some, it does for me. Not sure what bothers you coldheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Honestly I just have to say, that's a horrible comparison. Going to medical school takes years of dedicated learning and practice, learning to build a new computer really only takes an hour. I didn't even know how to build one a month ago until I took the time to learn. It's fairly quick and easy, plus a lot cheaper mind you.

To the OP. Not to spoil your fun, but do not expect to have WoW always smooth in any environment. Especially worldbosses *will* drop your fps.

I have ~4Ghz i7 and a 680 gtx, 16 gigs of ram and with 0 addons and graphics settings to "fair" I am still dropping to 30-40 on fights like oondasta. The combat event handling is just that bad. On the other hand, I have 90+ frames in typical 25 mans with ultra settings. Just wanted to mention that not matter the money, you will always find situations in WoW that aren't fluent.