Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    OP never said it did.

What he said was, and I quote, "we can evolve our mounts much like we currently do with pets and their levels"

"like we do with pets and their levels"

Like (preposition): similar to
    we (pronoun): used by a speaker to refer to himself and one or more other people considered together
    do (verb): perform
    with (preposition): accompanied by
    pets (noun): http://www.wowhead.com/petspecies
    and (conjunction): used to connect to words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentances that are to be taken jointly
    their (adjective): belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned (in this case, the pets)
    levels (noun): a position on a real or imaginary scale of amount, quantity, extent, or quality

So, using basic reading comprehension, we can surmise that he means he wants to be able to upgrade mounts like how we can upgrade our pets levels.
    like we currently do with pets and their levels but with more focus on the upgrading of mounts, new armor and cool animations.
    I'm sorry if this comes across as something new to you but that little mark after mounts is called a comma. Now this may surprise you but anything behind it is considered part of that same sentence, and currently we can't add new armor or animations to pets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more important question is, why don't we have flying bug mounts yet.

The arch bug mount should have been flight capable since it was such a PITA to get for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm sorry if this comes across as something new to you but that little mark after mounts is called a comma. Now this may surprise you but anything behind it is considered part of that same sentence, and currently we can't add new armor or animations to pets.
    And this may be hard for you to understand (what with you being a Raiders fan and all) but the word but implies "except for the fact." So when he says "like pets levels but with armor and animations" he means "like with pet levels, except for with mounts it would be armor and animations."

He wasn't making a list when he said "mounts, new armor and cool animations" he was making a pause in the sentence to signify separation.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2013-04-21 at 10:56 AM.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Randypan View Post
    Azure Water Strider - Why doesn't this mount have insect wings? With an insect buzzing sound and fast moving animation?
    This should be some sort of new feature whereby we can evolve our mounts much like we currently do with pets and their levels but with more focus on the upgrading of mounts, new armor and cool animations.
    /420Thoughts
    First of all, it does have wings.

They are just transparent.

Second of all: There are no mounts in the game that can be upgraded. It would also take way too much time and efford. Time and efford better used to create new mounts.

Third: Real Water Striders wings are also tiny:
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    First of all, it does have wings.
    They are just transparent.

Second of all: There are no mounts in the game that can be upgraded. It would also take way too much time and efford. Time and efford better used to create new mounts.

Third: Real Water Striders wings are also tiny:
    First of all, he's not saying there are mounts that you can upgrade, he's saying he would like to see mounts that are up-gradable.

Second of all, I don't know how much time and effort it would take to do something like add a flag that lets the Dreadsteed fly like the Headless Horseman mount, or to allow mounts like the cloudserpents have an increased swim speed.

Sure adding bigger wings to a Waterstrider to allow it to fly may take a bit more time than switching a flagging, but i'm fine with them using some of their time to do cool changes like this.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas
    Yeah the point of this thread seems to have been lost on a couple of people, let me see if i can clear this up; This is basically just a thought experiment and its intended to get you thinking about what you might like to see in game and maybe even extrapolate and expand upon my idea (although poorly worded, i agree and as such will take the blame for some people just outright saying that they don't want this in game.

I am in no way affiliated with Blizzard and nor am i involved with any part of the development process so dont worry, this wont make it into WoW, I'm sure.

It's too easy to just flat out say No to something like this, if you have the time and can be bothered i would like to hear more ideas rather than just "NO do not want"
    "You have no idea what you don't know."