Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still cant quit. mostly because i turn into a crazy aggressive animal if i do not smoke D: 2+ pack a day atm. But I'm glad to see others break the habit, gives me hope!
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

i've tried quitting over and over again and i know that i can if i really want to, hell if i get sick i stop smoking to speed up the recovery process and then i continue, last time i did that was then i was down with a flu for 10 days and during those 10 days i did not have any cravings or anything i wasn't even excited about the thought of getting one, but where i could have just quit i continued. All it comes down to is willpower, i got the willpower but i really don't care about the consequences of smoking, sure maybe i get cancer in about 20-30 years but smoking does not 100% guarantee cancer so i am more than willing to take my chances with smoking.

First of all, I used to smoke almost three packs a day when I was 18 to 20

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    1. How long have you been smoke free.
    I quit smoking 6 years ago. I do smoke an occasional cigarette with friends on parties.

2. What was the hardest thing for you
    Nothing, I just quit...

3.How did you cope. ( hoping this part helps me out )
    Well, I didn't really need to cope. I can't smoke just like that anymore, it tastes horrible. I think it also has something to do with sports. I noticed how my body's performance was going down when I smoked. But at some point I just didn't want to smoke anymore...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I have been smoke free for over 5 years now, the best way I found was to just quit cold turkey. All of those stop smoking aids cost more than cigarettes and still keep you addicted to nicotine, you need to clear that nicotine out of your body ASAP, after that it is purely down to will power.
    This. Cold turkey and just ride it out. I'd been 7 years without nicotine. I had one advantage though. I just started working full-time about a week after I stopped smoking. It kept me and my mind busy. Then I started again for a few years and I'm now one month free of nicotine. I must say, this time it was harder to quit. I had been thinking about it for a while and decided to just go cold turkey again. But I still have a pretty tough time in the evening when I'm behind my computer.

The only advise I can give you is: choose a hobby where you need to use your hands a lot. The more you use your hands, the less is the urge to grab a cigaret.