Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Deleted
    Our Chinese overlords colonising other planets whilst we watch from our concentration camps.

better energy-sources.
    energy is the most important thing in todays society, without it we wouldnt be far away from the medievial ages.

maybe we will have no more energy-worries one day, that would be awesome.

a way to increase the overall average lifespan of people or a way to retain physical youthfulness a lot longer - not the artificial ways we use today like botox, plastic surgery, etc, but a way to retain or turn around physical aging and look 20-30 even in your late 40s or 50s. i know this is never going to happen though... but i guess i can dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Our Chinese overlords colonising other planets whilst we watch from our concentration camps.
    500 year plan for global domination man, those guys don't think short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    Take a look at http://www.futuretimeline.net/ and see how many of their predictions you think will come to pass!
    Cool site, though I just looked at 2015 and 2016 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    a way to increase the overall average lifespan of people or a way to retain physical youthfulness a lot longer - not the artificial ways we use today like botox, plastic surgery, etc, but a way to retain or turn around physical aging and look 20-30 even in your late 40s or 50s. i know this is never going to happen though... but i guess i can dream
    Why not. With the current development, the first person to be 200 year old is already alive today. And that's just looking backwards. Development tends to burst at times. And the longer you live, the more probable it is that you can increase your life span even further.

The complete fulfillment of the transhumanism movement, which could lead to technological immortality.
    This!!! /10

The birth of Internet. Hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    A new-age space propulsion system, wether it be NASAs new burst-fusion engine that could send man to Mars in 1 month, or some kind of FTL drive that could send us to Alpha Centauri in 4 years.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cure for old age.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Not a scientific feat, really. :P
    AI > TS
    TS wont happen if AI is not developed... so...

Complete integration between the human brain and a computer in the form of a microchip. This allows direct control of all technological devices via thought, enhancing the capabilities of the human brain by a huge amount and allowing instant access to information and communication everywhere on the planet at all time via a global wireless internet network.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-04-21 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    tbh i think we've already seen it...
    almost everyone has something in their hand or pocket that can be used to access most of the information ever gathered by mankind within a few seconds, and they use it for facebook and temple run :P
    There have always been laymen and there always will be. But now we live in an age where innovators have figured out how to separate the laymen from their money via technological innovations. So if anything we're heading in to a golden age of technological achievement (well we're already through the Threshold. When I was a child, me and my brothers had a stick, a wooden soda crate, and a rope, and that was Pokemon and now like you said, people who are interested in learning can access new information in the blink of an eye, and those who are not, fund new information by buying new technology anyways so that they can dink around on Facebook.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Complete integration between the human brain and a computer in the form of a microchip. This allows direct control of all technological devices via thought, enhancing the capabilities of the human brain by a huge amount and allowing instant access to information and communication everywhere on the planet at all time via a global wireless internet network.
    I completely disagree. You would have to create an interface for two incompatible processes, which would then create inefficiencies in the final application. You are better off making a better binary computer, or using genetic engineering to create a better brain. The cyborg brain would just be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-04-21 at 09:57 PM.

I think the biggest thing we might see is Human cloning. I'm sure it would of been done soon by now if people didn't try to actively stop it.

Currently: Internet
    Next few years: Cure for cancer

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you OP, I think that exploring the unknown is the most important thing for our species. More time and money should be put into that than buying weapons of mass destruction to shake at each other.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    or using genetic engineering to create a better brain.
    Genetically enhanced and directed human evolution is one of the ultimate goals in science, but it's too sci-fi for now.
    Also who said anything about a binary computer. The human brain is not binary and connecting it to a binary computer would be rather difficult. We need something that can integrate with the neural pathways directly.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-04-21 at 10:09 PM.

The brain is really good at adapting to "new" or altered senses. I think one could learn how to control stuff if the hardware was in place

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    I agree with you OP, I think that exploring the unknown is the most important thing for our species. More time and money should be put into that than buying weapons of mass destruction to shake at each other.
    Agreed. Pretty weird that they spend 1 million usd for a missile that might not hit its target and if it does, will kill people... but science? Nooooooo. To costly.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2013-04-21 at 10:16 PM.