Talking Best small PC case that will fit an atx board

Apologies for my apparent lazyness!

I'm looking for a new PC case, i currently have the NZXT Phantom Enthusiast limited edition, its an amazing case and i love it, but in terms of getting it to uni and back its a bit on the large size, and i dont use all the hdd bays etc it was intended to be made for.

With that in mind i want to go to the other end of the scale! I was wondering if anyone could help me choose a new case, with a small/very small form factor, that would fit the following components and cool them effectively (i realise a water cooler may be needed in some cases)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 42 °C
    RAM: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (10-10-10-27)
    Motherboard:ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 PRO (LGA1155) 28 °C
    Graphics: 1535MB GeForce GTX 580 (CardExpert Technology)
    PSU: Corsair HX850W

Any help would be really appreciated! my budget is ~£80 but i should imagine i can go higher as my current case should be worth a bit as its mint condition.

<3!

Deleted
    Lian Li A05 is a great small case, though I'm not sure how easy they are to find

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    Lian Li A05 is a great small case, though I'm not sure how easy they are to find
    That case seems nice and compact, but i have doubts about the size of the psu. The HX850 is longer than your average unit and might be problematic.

@OP: What cpu heatsink do you have at the moment, and how many hard drives?
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

stock i5 heatsink, currently 1 but ideally id like 2 internals

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with a Fractal Design Arc Midi also if later on down the road you could just get a matx mobo and get a smaller lan case.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cooler Master HAF XB, it's basically like the Thermaltake Armor 30 case but it houses an ATX board and has tons of space. Great case from what I have heard, I know some folks who have it and they love it. It's got a micro tower form factor but is wide and long enough to fit most GPU's and multiple graphics cards as well. You can even fit a dual fan radiator in the front of the case if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    I would go with a Fractal Design Arc Midi also if later on down the road you could just get a matx mobo and get a smaller lan case.
    I wouldn't recommend the Arc midi for a system that is going to be carried around a lot, it weighs a good 10kg when empty; my computer (in an Arc Midi) is a good bit over 20kg.

Lian Li PC-V700
    Lian Li PC-V650

Some nice cases but possibly out of your budget.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, out of your budget.

Fractal Design Node 605

I've got a NH-C12P CPU cooler, which is massive, 2 GPU's (GTX 670 & Radeon HD 5450), 2 SSD's and 2 HDD's in it, weighs 6KG on it's own and is almost entirely made on aluminium.

Last edited by inux94; 2013-04-22 at 12:10 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory