Blazing Speed inactive?

I'm a big fan of Blazing speed, yet sometimes its inactive? (greyed out) Can you explain to me why?
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Inactive? I don't get it?

There's a cooldown on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use it while another speed increase is up.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Happens most commonly with me with Stampeding Roar or talented Power Word: Shield
    Pain in the ass that it doesn't just overwrite really, Blazing Speed is faster and I hate being slowed by a speed buff...

10+ Year Old Account
    You could make macro to cancel any speed buffs then cast Blazing Speed. Not sure how many different speed buffs there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriscats View Post
    You could make macro to cancel any speed buffs then cast Blazing Speed. Not sure how many different speed buffs there are.
    /cancelaura Body and Soul
    /cancelaura Angelic Feather
    /cancelaura Stampeding Roar
    /cancelaura Tiger's Lust
    /cast Blazing Speed

In order:
    1. Priest Talent - On bubbles, you get a movement speed increase.
    2. Priest Talent - Did you touch a feather? Whelp, your BS is now auto-locked.
    3. Druid Spell - Raidwide speed increase (and immobilize canceller).
    4. Monk Talent - I'd actually be really surprised if you got targeted with this, especially as a Mage.
    5. I think you know what this is.

Most, if not, all of a specific boss's abilities that increase your movement speed typically DO NOT auto-lock an Engineer's Nitro Boosts (which typically get auto-locked from class abilities), so I'm assuming the same is shared with Blazing Speed, so you shouldn't have to worry about them. (Fearless, from Sha of Fear, for example, I know for a fact doesn't lock Nitro Boosts).

There is, however, a weird exception to this rule, and that's Rogues. When using Sprint, it locks Engineer Nitro Boosts, but using Burst of Speed ("Same" ability, half duration, no cooldown), you can stack them to run at 425% speed... Weird.

Sadly, Blazing Speed doesn't stack. With ANYTHING. It's shit
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-22 at 04:31 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Blazing speed doesn't need to stack with anything, it is an amazing ability.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The bloody weird part about it though, if a different effect happens AFTER, they stack. I've accidentally launched myself a couple of times as I got a bubble just after hitting it.