Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have hope that Garrosh use that pretty big goblin cannon in bilgewater harabour to send big bomb into stormwind and kill Varian(yes he should be already dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    How. How is he cool.

Did he ever do anything cool? Proudly standing at the gates of Undercity when Thrall and Sylvanas were doing all the job? Tapping the keg during Brewfest? Talking to Halduron and Vereesa at the gates of another city he didn't wish to enter? Making an excruciatine war effort to kill one troll (took him 5 years by the way)? Maybe getting assassinated makes him cool?

I never got the "coolness" of Vol'Jin. The way he speaks? The way he is a troll? The fact he is a friend of Thrall? Tell me what is freaking cool about him.
    To a degree you're right, there wasn't much of him until Wrath -> Cata when we captured the Echo Isles, even from then he's been a "minor" faction leader. I think he's cool because he stood up to a tyrant, even though we didn't know to what degree his tyranny would befall us, but nonetheless he stood up to him. People like the guy who comes from behind to win the race, Vol'Jin represents that to a degree. Neither he or Lor'themar or Baine or even Sylvanas play a central role in Horde politics right now, the most notable up until this point is probably Sylvanas, but even that can be argued. I wish I knew more lore of the Trolls, so the love for Vol'Jin may come from there, but as far as the game goes I like him because he stood up to Garrosh.

Actually, I would prefer all the faction leaders be more active. If there's anything about WoW, it's that faction/race matters, from what class you can play, to the "feel" of the character down to how they look. I think some lore related quests would help the game a lot, we should know "who" we're fighting for. I know people will quote lore books and raids and such, but the quests should be pretty basic and come in the beginning, that way everyone knows it. Just my .02, ymmv.

Quote Originally Posted by Maulis425 View Post
    To a degree you're right, there wasn't much of him until Wrath -> Cata when we captured the Echo Isles, even from then he's been a "minor" faction leader. I think he's cool because he stood up to a tyrant, even though we didn't know to what degree his tyranny would befall us, but nonetheless he stood up to him. People like the guy who comes from behind to win the race, Vol'Jin represents that to a degree. Neither he or Lor'themar or Baine or even Sylvanas play a central role in Horde politics right now, the most notable up until this point is probably Sylvanas, but even that can be argued. I wish I knew more lore of the Trolls, so the love for Vol'Jin may come from there, but as far as the game goes I like him because he stood up to Garrosh.

Actually, I would prefer all the faction leaders be more active. If there's anything about WoW, it's that faction/race matters, from what class you can play, to the "feel" of the character down to how they look. I think some lore related quests would help the game a lot, we should know "who" we're fighting for. I know people will quote lore books and raids and such, but the quests should be pretty basic and come in the beginning, that way everyone knows it. Just my .02, ymmv.
    Thrall: Vol'Jin, my friend, I am leaving the Horde in the hands of Garrosh Hellscream. He has the strengh to lead our people, but not enough wisdom to know where to. Please, remain at his side and advise him, so he won't lead the Horde in the wrong way
    Vol'Jin: Ya mon.

A week later:

Vol'Jin: ... ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart!
    Garrosh: What?
    Vol'Jin: I gunna kill de mojo otta ya, mon!
    Garrosh: Bitch, get out of my town, pretty much now!
    Vol'Jin: I'm being repressed!

Still don't get the "coolness".

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Sorry mate, I have to disagree. They already have too many characters that will want the killing blow. No point adding another into the mix.
    But then they can make it like "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" from the Simpsons. A WoW mystery in which we can all partake!

Should be a yog-saron style fight (fitting since shas are remnants of an old god), with 4 NPC "watchers" (varian, Jaina, Vol'jin and Lor'themar) providing buffs and such.
    If not, let Gallywix and the gob squad do the deed.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Wotlk was ages ago, I doubt blizzard planned that far ahead.
    They Could have.
    A bit of a bioshock infinite spoiler here to show how a forward thinking developer can blow one's mind to pieces
    In Bioshock: Infinite When Elizabeth opens a tear and takes the Songbird to Rapture, underwater, the songbird, in his last moments, screams. This same scream can be heard in the start of the first bioshock game.

I posted this a while ago about what the patch trailer would be:

I could see this as the patch trailer, narration by Saurfang recounting his times under the haze, to how it was when the haze was finally lifted after Grom's sacrifice. Then we cut to Garrosh's hyjinx and a quick camera pan through the raid and new bosses. "I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes..." *darkness*

Then we see Saurfang charging towards the throne room cleaving fel orcs in twain; only to reach the Throne room to see whatever they make the Fel Orc Garrosh model. Then he talks about "We fought the Legion, to preserve the Horde, we fought the Scourge, to preserve the Horde, we fought the Hour of Twilight, to preserve the Horde, I see more of your father in you than he had himself. This path you've taken has led to too much pain, and it will end now. I fight for the Horde!" Then he charges and gets struck down by Gorehowl just like his son to the LK, I think that was be pretty jarring.

Whoever else is in the throne room is shocked as Garrosh plainly states those who aren't with him, are against him, and none shall stand against the might of his Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats why they know the story for the next two expansions right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of Saurfang killing Garrosh as long as he doesn't die in the process. I know Saurfang is a dinosaur with a sad past, but he is badass. At least introduce his niece with the enchanted wooden axe before he dies.

Deleted
    Possible, but I still expect that it'll be Vol'jin.

Deleted
    Nah, Gamon will kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Ahoy! I'm Raaaaiding!
    This made me laugh! I would be completely ok with Budd killing Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Ahoy! I'm Raaaaiding!
    Rofl.

He needs to be wearing the pink glowing Pally armor from Burning Crusade also!

Deleted
    To be honest, I would like it to be like Caesar died. All these great personas converging on Garrosh and stabbing him to death in the cutscene. Voljin, Baine, Sylvanas, Saurfang, that guy from Silvermoon, maybe even first appearance of Gallywix, toss in Jaina and Varian for good measure. Grand finale would be Thrall. And Millhouse Manastorm. And Riko.

I wonder where will Nazgrim will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Thrall: Vol'Jin, my friend, I am leaving the Horde in the hands of Garrosh Hellscream. He has the strengh to lead our people, but not enough wisdom to know where to. Please, remain at his side and advise him, so he won't lead the Horde in the wrong way
    Vol'Jin: Ya mon.

A week later:

Vol'Jin: ... ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart!
    Garrosh: What?
    Vol'Jin: I gunna kill de mojo otta ya, mon!
    Garrosh: Bitch, get out of my town, pretty much now!
    Vol'Jin: I'm being repressed!

Still don't get the "coolness".
    Not quite how it went, but to each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about late to the party... 5 years late at that OP.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I think its down to 4 logical choices.

Both Vol'jin and Jaina are fairly predominant characters throughout this expansion, with both having books written about their exploits during the last year. They have also been important parts of the expansion.

Thrall has a long history with Garrosh and the Hellscream name. While being in the back ground a fair bit this expansion his still (IMO) is the main character of the game.

Varian is the wildcard out of the 4. Garrosh did try to kill his son and they have battled twice now (correct me if i'm wrong), but they seems to be taking him down a more "humbled" path.

There si no hint on who will kills Garrosh. Saurfang says he will, so has Vol'jin. Sylvanas has reason too as does Baine. Lor'themar is the one closest to him who can do it, but even Thrall has a reason to since he made him Warchief.

Blizz stated a long time ago they already have their expansion planned out. They have a lot more planned a head then we ever thought they did.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Voljin will probably kill him. In the troll intro he said something along the lines of: "And when the people grow tired of your rule, you will know exactly who fired the arrow dat pierced your black heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    ...as KAEL'THAS SUNSTRIDER! Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Magisters' Terrace was merely a setback! Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some vengeful, eredar mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere!
    Hahahahahha I just spit water all over myself...

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thats.. actually.. not a bad idea when you think.

ok, he's had no association with garrosh, but chen is very much a token good guy, infact probably the most neutral themed good guy in mists.

and if he gave the final blow to Garrosh, the other characters wouldn't need to wash there hands of it.
    If it were a Panda, I would assume Taran Zhu would do it, dying in the battle as well.