10+ Year Old Account

MoP Leveling Spec

I just hit 85 so I toddled off to panda land after a year of neglecting my shaman. He's always been enhance, but I'm wondering if elemental will be better for the job. Any thoughts and reasons on one or the other? I'm at the point where I can just buy an elemental set from the adventuring supplies vendor in the fish village so gear isn't really at the top of my list of concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say, depends if you like melee'ing or ranged dps. I went elemental myself, due to being ele during Cata.
    Think both is pretty equal, maybe for fighting rares being ranged is easier (also due to healing yourself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele is a bit less taxing on your mana when you heal out of combat. But both are very viable and fun to level up from 85 to 90, Have levelled both as enhance and ele myself, and to be honest there is no real difference.

Its always just what you like more, melee or spell dps. Enhance has more single target burst to take down mobs and dungeon bosses, ele has more aoe, ele also allows you to use your leveling gear as resto for instant dungeon ques, although I preferred having a long que time to do quests and punctuating it with dungeons.

i lvled as ele... and it was a hard time. i feel enh does have more survivability while not suffering from dmg loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bietr View Post
    i lvled as ele... and it was a hard time. i feel enh does have more survivability while not suffering from dmg loss.
    I don't agree with this. with the changes added by 5.2 and 5.1, ele survivability has caught up mostly to enh. especially since you got a shield as ele, mobs hit quite a lot weaker. healing is also not as punishing for Ele.

to the OP: play what you want. the only spec that likely won't manage well is resto. and wait till 5.3 before leveling. the 33% EXP nerf easily shaves several hours from the leveling time. if you want to go enhancement, you'll also get some nice buffs.

Regardless of spec (other than Blood DK), you'll be really bored and take no damage until you get to Dread Wastes where mobs will hit you hard regardless of spec. Pick the one you like, they'll all get you there in the same time.