Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV] Worst reality shows on television.

What reality shows on television do you think are the worst? As in, which show(s) do you refuse to watch?

For me, my number one pick would have to be World's Worst Tenants.

I watched it once and it's so ridiculous I can't believe they try to give it the impression that it's actually real. It's obvious reenactments or just made-up stories from beginning to end.

Now don't misinterpret me. I enjoy stupid shit as much as the next person. But one thing I can't stand is any show that treats its audience like they're morons and that's exactly what this show does.

The show that would probably be runner up for me is Hardcore Pawn. The people on there are just annoying.

Most of the programs out there I haven't seen. But which do you think are the worst of the worst?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Deleted
    We have a show here in Sweden where the teenager in the family get to control the familys economy for a month. My GOD it is bad. How anyone can enjoy it is beyond me

10+ Year Old Account
    storage wars and the pawn shop one is the worst ive ever seen. im 90% sure they are staged.
    dragonmaw - EU

Toddlers and Tiaras.

The obvious/cliche answer is that they're all equally terrible and a blight on our culture. :P

But I do remember seeing a show where people who were having their cars towed were given a quiz where if they won their car wouldn't be repossessed. That whole scenario just seemed a little too f*cked up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The obvious/cliche answer is that they're all equally terrible and a blight on our culture. :P

But I do remember seeing a show where people who were having their cars towed were given a quiz where if they won their car wouldn't be repossessed. That whole scenario just seemed a little too f*cked up to me.
    That kind of thing is staged, only a court can order a repossession.

Anything with "Shore" in the name. Big Brother was OK the first year, but shit thereafter. "I'm a Star, get me out of here!" is quite bad. Anything like X Factor or Pop Idol is a cancer of the music industry.

Deleted
    Probably anything that follows "celebrities" like Kim Kardashian.

I don't mind the talent shows though, I don't watch them religiously but they can be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That kind of thing is staged, only a court can order a repossession.
    All reality TV is staged, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    All reality TV is staged, isn't it?
    Yeah, you can't have somebody doing something they shouldn't on a pre-watershed TV show, especially if it is broadcast live.

We have one called Paradise Hotel where the shittiest people you can imagine say and do stupid/boring things. As much fun as waiting for the bus with a gang of drunk teenagers. What the point is? I suppose it is to become familiar with these sub-humans and then wait for them to have sex with each other. The worst part is that people with average intelligence or better like to watch this show. Guess some people just need to experience more culture and stop wasting time on this garbage.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2013-05-06 at 11:42 PM.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I still find Survivor to be one of the worst ones, since I think it was one of the originals that really drew people into the genre.

Love and hip hop. Unwatchably scripted.

A lot of people don't care if it's staged or not as long as they are entertained. Personally I can't stand most of them. The Bachelor/Bachelorette gets my top vote as I don't find it entertaining at all and I'm not surprised the end couple split up after a short time. Storage Hunters/Hardcore Pawn get second place as they are too over the top for me. Third goes to American Idol. Why would I want to see other people sing other people's songs when I can go on you tube and hear the original?

Honourable mention goes to Big Brother as it looked too rigged for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't watch any reality TV outside of maybe some cooking or travel series like No Reservations, but I was over at my parents the other day and they were watching some show that was one of those panel judged series but it was a diving competition. I seriously thought it was a joke by The Onion or something but it is a real show. I just can't believe it has reached that level of ridiculousness.

15+ Year Old Account
    What season of Survivor are they up to now? Are there even any islands left to shoot on?

I refuse to watch the majority of them, It's hard for me to pick just one so can I group all of the wives of whatever together?
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    anything with singing, dancing and judging.

the best reality series was THE MOLE
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    What season of Survivor are they up to now? Are there even any islands left to shoot on?
    Survivor: Central pacific flotsam

and that is probably going to top my list for worst ever because it really got the ball rolling, that and big brother. The first survivor was almost interesting, though if it came out now I would be "oh no, not more of this shit". I do for some reason enjoy the cop shows sometimes though.