Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Are you even suprised ?
    Prot paladins are BROKEN and even with this nerf BROKEN.

Mooooar nerfs, bring them inline with the other tanks, having a class almost being mandatory for heroic progression, is, you guessed it. fucking broken.
    The butthurt is strong in this one.

Prot paladin is no more "broken" than a BrM as far as tanks go. Are other tanks lagging behind? Sure, bears especially. But most of what a lot of un/undereducated players think makes a prot paladin "mandatory" is the debuff dropping ability to allow for so many 1-tank fights. Guess what? Grab a Holy (or Ret) pal, BoP the tank you've got, and ta-dah! 1-tank! That means more veng, means more damage (and heals/absorbs) for any tank. Sure, Prot gets bubble for an extra stack drop, but Clemency on your paladin does the same thing. Hell, even a Dwarf racial is about as OP as bubble...

Prot paladin IS the self-heal/raid-heal tank, but blood DK is not far behind. They simply don't scale as well (healing-wise) since DS is based on damage taken, not Veng. Prot pal's also take more damage overall than most other tanks, ceteris paribus, even though the damage is intake is smoother than most other tanks.

Warriors still have excellent CDs and raid util, BrM/DK have excellent dmg (esp AOE) and bears are still subpar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    The butthurt is strong in this one.
    Actually, yes, yes i am.
    It's frustrating being asked to reroll based on class abilites only 1 class has access to, its retarded.
    Not every 10man will roll with a holydin and and no ret..

Your mastery (Hi unblockable damage)
    I would trade Sbar in a heartbeat for Sacred shield.
    Even with 2set, its garbage compared to a low stack wog.

Prot paladins taking overall more damage ? lol.
    I dont expect all tanks to be the same, not close.
    But there's to big discrepancy between them, with paladins/monks being way to OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the one and only warning. This thread is about Battle Healer and anything related to the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearsyn View Post
    I think you need to look at it a different way. Protection Paladins are capable of alot of damage especially with the way most of them are gearing. As they acquire more gear with more haste for example they will be attacking faster, and dealing more damage. This glyph is being 'nerfed' as I'm assuming foresight for the increase in damage paladins will be doing. Figure BH will still be doing as much healing as it does now, at the end of the tier.
    But only a small portion of that damage will actually proc battle healer since the rest is spell damage.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Battle Healer nerf was put in place because as we get higher and higher haste, the healing will start to become too much.
    Can't see the few abilities that proc it do that much more damage, but to be fair this nerf will reduce the overhealing more than the effective healing.

What I don't like about this nerf is that it makes an already bad glyph for Ret even worse. I mean if it is going to designed around Prot being the only one that uses it just make it a Prot glyph / ability and replace it with something that Ret can use in its place.

I don't see how you can say the glyph is not a huge deal atm. IMO the nerf is warranted.

Our prot pala did 73k HPS on Iron Qon normal 10m tonight, of which 20% is Battle Healer glyph. So 15k HPS for 1 glyph. Looking at our other kills where our prot pala does less dmg/hps he still keeps between 10k-12k HPS from just the glyph.

Ye we saw this nerf incoming a mile away.

(For those interested, our Prot Pala runs full Haste gearing; he's at 14k haste rating so far)

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    I don't see how you can say the glyph is not a huge deal atm. IMO the nerf is warranted.

Our prot pala did 73k HPS on Iron Qon normal 10m tonight, of which 20% is Battle Healer glyph. So 15k HPS for 1 glyph. Looking at our other kills where our prot pala does less dmg/hps he still keeps between 10k-12k HPS from just the glyph.

Ye we saw this nerf incoming a mile away.

(For those interested, our Prot Pala runs full Haste gearing; he's at 14k haste rating so far)
    To quote Butler Log - "We're Paladins. We can heal. Suck it."

The nerf is NBD. The glyph, also, is largely not a gambreaker. Outside of gimmick fights (Elegon phase 3, JinRohk pools, Horridon last phase) where there are massive +dmg increases, the glyph provides mostly un-intelligent heal sniping. More often than not, it prioritizes pets, minions, even ghost-iron dragonlings over raiders. The majority of it's healing throughput is overheal, and what is NOT overhealing is rarely "clutch" saves.

It is healing, it will show up on meters, and people will cry. The nerf of 50% 1) will not be anywhere near enough to make it worthless/replaceable, 2) will hopefully quiet the mobs of angry people who think that 70%+ overhealing is OP, and 3) will nerf Ret.

FWIW, t90 talents for prot heal for WAY more useful/meaningful amounts than BH ever could, and that is fine/intended. Holy Prism can splash out almost 1m heals to 5 ppl on HC IronQon 10. Light's Hammer is a massively powerful raid CD on HC Megaera 10m. So please, if it makes everyone "feel better" to nerf this glyph while leaving our actual, useful raid healing in tact, fire away.

PS - with the 5.3 changes to make "smart heals" perfer players over pets/minions, this likely will keep healing on par with live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...