Lesser Charms piling up?

I made a suggestion to Blizz on their forum I'd thought I'd share here. If you like this and want Blizz to see/impliment it I'll post the link to the forum at the end so the post can stay current with replies/support.

Dear Blizzard:

I appreciate your recent change to the price of Mogu Runes of Fate costing only 50 Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. It allows a casual player who can only play 1-2 days a week to get their bonus rolls. Nice work.

But there is a problem. What about we every day players who collect lots of Lesser Charms? Currently I have enough charms to last me until sometime around October 24, 2014! Yes, I have 4238 Lesser Charms! We need another place we can spend our Lesser Charms, and I have the perfect solution.

How about letting us convert Flawless <Family> Battle Stones? Here's how it could work.

Make a daily quest that costs 50 Lesser Charms (or whatever amount you like) to convert 1 Flawless <Family> Battle Stone into a random battle stone of another family? I know how you folks at Blizzard love your randomness! It might convert to any other family except the one you started with. So if I converted one of my 3 useless undead battle stones I would get something else, but never an undead one. This helps players unload extra Lesser Charms and at the same time helps with getting that last specific family battle stone you so desperately need.

Also, you can NEVER get a general Flawless Battle Stone this way, only a Flawless <Family> Battle Stone. All stones remain soulbound.

I don't see a downside here. Making it a daily quest means you can only convert a certain number of stones per week/month/etc. and making the conversion random means I could spend a month trying to get that one family type I might need. Also, this should be relatively easy to implement. Certainly more so than your current change to make unlucky streaks on drops less prevalent.

The need for this is real. I hope you agree with me and find a way to implement this.

Signed;

A daily player of WoW.

Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...80377?page=1#3

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't casual players who actively do pet battles feel obligated to do those dailies then though? The problem I see with dailies are that once you miss one, you have the feeling you're let out on something. Why not just make a vendor where 50 lesser charms = 1 random stone or whatever they are with no cap? I mean, you can only get a fixed amount of lesser charms per week anyways.

It's also not that great of a fix for the people who don't do pet battles, like me. I've got 1k lesser charms stacked on my monk because I did all dailies start MoP, but now I have no purpose for them anymore besides those mogu charms. And even if I were to hand in my charms every week (which I'm not because I'm not playing on my monk anymore) I would still have enough charms, like you said, for nearly a year.

They should be convertable to other resources like honor points, justice points, heck, perhaps even valor points (100 charms = 50/100 valor points?).

4238? Jesus.

I went on a quest spree and have 100, I'm now so sick of dailies I won't be able to face one for another month.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have around 500 left and i'm exalted with all the daily places so there's no need for me to do them at all anymore..but i'll have to do dailys for literally no reason besides getting lesser charms soon. Super fun game this.

Deleted
    I have "only" around 1100 lesser charms, but I would also like the idea of spending them elsewhere. Because they are just piling up, even if I spend the 90 on mogu runes. A vendor of some sort would be a nice way to get rid of excess lesser charms

You get quite a few lesser charms leveling battle pets. The only dailies I've done in a long time are the Isle of Thunder ones, and I've stopped doing those. Lesser Charms are still piling up due to pet battles.

Obviously there can be other uses created for them, but I doubt Blizzard will let you buy justice or honor points with them but who knows?

Even if they put a daily quest in, as I suggest, Blizzard's opinion on dailies is that they are not required even though some people see it that way. So they are not going to be concerned that some folks will feel they have to do that daily.
    Last edited by Balazaar; 2013-04-23 at 01:07 AM.

There are long periods where dailies don't benefit you anymore with rep so you end up getting no coins for weeks until a next patch.

I'm set until 6.0 comes out. That's ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Wouldn't casual players who actively do pet battles feel obligated to do those dailies then though? The problem I see with dailies are that once you miss one, you have the feeling you're let out on something. Why not just make a vendor where 50 lesser charms = 1 random stone or whatever they are with no cap? I mean, you can only get a fixed amount of lesser charms per week anyways.
    Pet battles have a chance at dropping 2-6 lesser charms now. So you can pile up the charms just by pet battling. Also, 5.3 will make the pet battle dailies give VP and lesser charms.

It's the opposite for me, I have 5 90s and am struggling to get runes of fate for all of them. Back when I only had 1 90 I did have problems with them piling up but...meh. It's not like they take up inventory space anymore, so what does it matter?
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    I'm set until 6.0 comes out. That's ridiculous!
    I am too but I like it that way. Less dailies I have to do in the long run =P

Deleted
    I have over 4000 too and nothing to spend them on. I hate it.

1230 odd, i only do dailies when new factions come and i want exalted or i need some VP. atm i'm exalted with everything and 3000 vp so the charms will drop low.

I'm a person that just does my dailies needed to get my rep gains up then I don't bother to do them anymore, so the pile up is comfy for me it's planned in advance so I don't feel like I *Need* to do them everyday to keep up and i'm thankful for it however I am all for another option to spend them on for those who do feel that need regardless.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I have about 1000 lesser charms from pet battles. I dunno, it might be more like 1500. But I haven't even got the 75 pet achieves yet (almost there).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow 0.0 that's a lot of charms! I thought 500 was a lot!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

I got 1300 atm, just doing some dailies on the thunderisle. Been a long time since I did dailies everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Wouldn't casual players who actively do pet battles feel obligated to do those dailies then though?
    The whole thing about being a casual is you can play without the feeling of obligation. You can play without feeling the need to be the absolute best or play at maximum efficiency and still have fun. So no.

Not to mention you get charms from pet battles.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2013-04-23 at 02:58 PM.