View Poll Results: How do you use the LFR?

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • I run LFR and have attempted or completed standard raid modes in MoP

56 65.88%
  • I run LFR and have not attempted standard raid modes in MoP

24 28.24%
  • I only attempt standard raid modes, and never use LFR

3 3.53%
  • I don't raid in any currently available format.

2 2.35%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR habits. What are yours?

A quick poll to find out who uses LFR, and what their other habits are.

Have at it, I'm curious to see how this turns out.

When LFR chat is empty for too long, I start a comedy routine. Sometimes people laugh, and it makes me happy.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    When LFR chat is empty for too long, I start a comedy routine. Sometimes people laugh, and it makes me happy.
    Sadly, this is not a poll option.

When I join Q for LFR be it as a DPS or healer I go in there intending to do the best I can. The higher up the charts the better, if someone in lesser gear out DPS's or out heals me (While conforming to tactics) then I feel bad.

I am a person who doesn't have the time to raid now so I do LFR and I try to do LFR to the best of my chars gear and spec at that time. I hate people who afk and do 20k.

For me it's usually about seeing and experiencing the things. Never been a big fan of doing the same thing twice, but just on another difficulty. While LFR might be a bit too much on the easy side, it's still the only thing I do, also has to do with how much time I invest in the game right now.

Deleted
    Sometimes I write everything in the form of a poem. Particularly effective at getting /1 and /bg going but sometimes I do it in LFR/G for amusement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tell jokes, keep the group in good humor. I might share a cooking recipe during downtime.

Being friendly and encouraging others in a helpful manner gets the run down quickly and without me wanting to backhand half of them. If we wipe a billion times ( *cough first week of Lei Shen cough* ) then I try to poke some in the direction of watching a youtube guide for the fight.

I try both LFR and normal raiding though to be a liiiiittle more direct with my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I do everything I can to kill others in my raid. I stand in the fire and tell people wrong strats.

Jk, I rarely speak, if ever. Do my job and hopefully get lewts!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Queue for LFR Watch TV show.
    Run LFR Watch TV show.
    Get Loot from LFR watch TV show.

Having VLC player set for always on top and minimal frames is a god send for LFR. Just place it somewhere you can watch and still do your job and it gets rid of the annoying LFR chat.

Deleted
    Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    For me it's usually about seeing and experiencing the things. Never been a big fan of doing the same thing twice, but just on another difficulty. While LFR might be a bit too much on the easy side, it's still the only thing I do, also has to do with how much time I invest in the game right now.
    Most of the times it's totally NOT the same thing on heroic. The encounter can change 100%.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

When waiting for other players to join I usually start levitating everyone in the raid, including pets :]

10+ Year Old Account
    I alt tab during trash and during boss fights. Mostly during boss fights. I alt tab and then tab back in to see the boss dead, or in Lei Shen's case, the raid wiped.

Deleted
    I generally just turn up kill some stuff and collect my gold, usually wearing pvp gear.

But one of my chars is a tank, so unfortunately I am required to have a vague understanding of whats going on, and to communicate. I love it when the other tank assumes control and says 'ILL go first, you tank that, taunt off me at BLAH" and then I don't respond at all and then he gets really surprised when i actually do what he said. It's no fun having to decide for myself

LFR + Normal mode raiding

It's just become habit. In part, for the extra roll on gear to fill out tier sets. ToT for the rep.

When a raid (or raid wing) is new, I'll hop in so I can familiarize myself with a boss's most basic mechanics - Duru's maze, for instance - and visual effects to prioritize over others. It helps me get a very general feel for what to look for and stay aware of without penalizing my guild each time I trip up. After a certain point there's not much else about the boss to learn about, but as LFR groups make mistakes it also helps me figure out what I can do in the future in case something goes wrong on normal. Like Lifegripping Cinders people away from the group on Meg, or Lifegripping a tank so none of Meg's heads are breathing on us (I've done both). Of course, I can also just relax and be lazy about it, but that's much less fun for me so I tend not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like LFR cuz it's quick and I get to see the content. I do regular modes when I can, usually PUGs towards the end of the raid's lifespan, or raids in a previous tier. I'm content with it - I'm more about experiencing the content than getting up to date gear. Once I had completed LFR ToT with the gear I had, I stopped caring about getting new stuff.

Interesting numbers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I like LFR cuz it's quick and I get to see the content. I do regular modes when I can, usually PUGs towards the end of the raid's lifespan, or raids in a previous tier. I'm content with it - I'm more about experiencing the content than getting up to date gear. Once I had completed LFR ToT with the gear I had, I stopped caring about getting new stuff.
    I hear you. At this point the only drops I care about are ones that allow me to progress the Wrathion quest... which is kind of nice actually.

I was hardcore once, and was ok with things like filling out applications, attendance requirements, probationary periods. Nowadays I find that shit offensive. Not that all guilds do that, but enough do. There was also a time when I would put seeing content before loyalty to friends (guildies), so thank god for LFR, because without it I simply wouldn't be raiding at all these days.

Intoxicated, sometimes to the point that I could not read text on the screen. I had to stop doing LFR to keep myself from drinking so often. Somehow I still manage to take less damage than half the raid on average. Makes me wonder if most of the LFR players are baked. No personal experience so no clue about the effects on performance.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-04-27 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i pretty much die on purpose as much as possible so i can play my psp or xbox instead of wow whenever i queue lfr

sometimes though, i am feeling up to it and consistently top meters