Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Ra-Den Kill Videos, April 22 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Method Tier 15 Interview

Waller Affix Complaints, Still Nothing Concrete for 1.0.9, Diablo 3 as an FPS?, Archon Inferno's Disintegrate Build

Patch 5.3 PTR Notes Update - Level 85 to 90 XP Reduced by 33%

Ra-Den Kill Videos
    Congratulations to Method for their World First kill of Ra-den, as well as earning I Thought He Was Supposed to Be Hard?

Oondasta and Nalak Loot Eligibility Change
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Back in early March we made a hotfix to remove loot and bonus roll eligibility for players that defeated Oondasta and Nalak while visiting from a different realm. At the time, the change was made to address realm stability issues. Since then, we’ve address those issues by making tuning adjustments for Oondasta such as increasing the spawn rate, and reducing Oondasta’s health by 50%.

In an upcoming hotfix, players coalesced from a different realm will be eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll after defeating Oondasta or Nalak once more. Keep in mind, players are still only eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll once a week.

This change will take effect in each region after their scheduled weekly realm maintenance.

Mogu Rune of Fate – Lesser Charm Change
    We’re deploying a hotfix late tonight that will reduce the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune required to purchase 3 Mogu Runes of Fate from 90 down to 50. Meaning when you log in Wednesday and purchase your 3 Mogu Runes of Fate, which are used for 5.2 raid boss bonus rolls, it will only cost you 50 Lesser Charms.

We recommend waiting until after the scheduled Wednesday maintenance to ensure this change has gone through before purchasing your Runes.

Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: April 22
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Creatures
    • Players coalesced from a different realm are now eligible to receive loot or use a bonus roll after defeating Oondasta or Nalak.

Quests

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Throne of Thunder - Twin Consorts
      • Cosmic Barrage now summons 4 Crashing Stars (down from 6) on 10-player Normal, Heroic, and Raid Finder difficulty. 8 Crashing Stars (down from 12) are summoned on 25-player Normal and Heroic difficulty.

Items
    • Sinister Primal Diamond should now correctly have different activation rates depending on the class and specialization. In addition, activation rate for Fire Mages has been increased.

Upcoming Pet Passive Changes
    We're going to be buffing some pet passives in a future patch, and elementals are on the list. We feel that the elemental passive is currently too confusing in that it is somewhat ambiguous with regard to direct effects of weather, but not effects that are not directly related to weather.

For example, if your opponent has a pet that gains an additional attack in a Blizzard, they will still get the additional attack against your elemental pet. This can feel bad in some cases and we want pet passives to always feel good and useful. We also feel that weather is one of the more fun and synergistic elements of Pet Battles, so at this point in time, we’re thinking of redesigning the elemental pet passive along the lines of a ~50% reduction in damage for the turn one is swapped in. Our goal being that we’d rather have a passive in place that increases the strategic depth of elemental pets, and is clear in its intention and functionality.

Keep in mind, we’re still evaluating the numbers and everything is subject to change, but we’d sincerely appreciate any constructive feedback you may have!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Patch 5.3 Experience Changes
    How will it work...

Scenario 1:
    • Before the patch: Character has 50/200 xp, xp bar shows 25% progress to next level.
    • After the patch: Character has 50/100 xp, xp bar shows 50% progress to next level.

Scenario 2:
    • Before the patch: Character has 102/200 xp, xp bar shows 51% progress to next level.
    • After the patch: Character has 102/100 xp, and will level as soon as they gain an experience point.

Let me know if that helps. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

World PvP and Gear
    That is referring to world PvP. In world PvP, those in full Conquest gear "should be pretty competitive with a Heroic raid–geared player—they may have more survivability, but you might do more damage." In instanced PvP, such as Arena and Battlegrounds the player in PvP gear will have an upper hand, and the player with PvE gear has the better equipment for dungeons and raids.

I hope this clears that up, the devs are referring to world PvP specifically and not PvP in general. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ask the Devs Questions
    Mobius, to answer your question as to why your question was not taken:

Any changes planned for DKs? Like removing the rp cost from Icebound Fortitude or removing the health loss every 2 sec from Unholy Frenzy.
    As you can see, the question is not about the planned changes for patch 5.3. For those that are complaining that you aren't satisfied with the questions we responded to, take into consideration the following things:
    • Did you ask a question? We only took questions that were posted in the Ask the Devs thread. If you don't ask, we can't answer.
    • Was your question about the patch 5.3 changes relating to PvP? If not, then it was not taken because it broke one of the first rules for the Ask the Devs
    • Did you up-vote questions you wanted to see answered? The highest voted questions were the ones we chose.

There were many questions that were able to be asked about the 5.3 changes for PvP. There was a new battleground, a new arena, many class changes that would affect PvP and as can be seen, resilience changes. No questions were avoided, if they met the rules of the thread and were voted for, then they were chosen.

The major things which are constanly posted about here and on the usa forums: too much burst, too much cc +remove the pve trinkets, are simply ignored.
    There are actually responses to all three of those. The Devs spoke about CC, the PvE trinkets and the burst they create. Unfortunately, if you check the Ask the Devs thread, there are no questions which actually asked about the 5.3 changes and the way in which they would address burst, outside of those pertaining to the Shado-Pan trinkets. If you wanted an answer specifically to the ways in which 5.3 was planning to address your particular issues with burst, then you should have asked them. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Tier 15 Interview With Method
    Manaflask has once again interviewed Method about their thoughts on this tier of content. You can see the hightlights below, or read the full interview on Manaflask.

• 10 and 25 player difficulties are different races due to the different difficulty of the bosses in each size.
    • Due to the difficulty differences, Method no longer feels like they are directly competing against Paragon anymore.
    • The lack of any gating was nice, as was the longer period of pure progression.
    • The boss tuning was well done in this tier, with the exception of Twin Consorts (which was hotfixed).
    • Lei Shen was well tuned, well designed, and one of the better encounters in the game.
    • Ra-den was significantly easier than Lei Shen, and really was a bonus boss rather than the "final boss" of the tier.
    • The opinion on limited attempts on Ra-den was split, with some guild members liking it and some disliking it.
    • Everyone agreed that Dark Animus was the most frustrating boss due to the wipes early in the fight.
    • Method raided 14-16 hours a day during much of the progression.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-04-23 at 02:39 PM.

This world PvP thing would be fair if the PvP'er had some advantage. For example some items that would give them an upper hand like a pot or a special bandage that heals more, or just even an item that boosts their Damage/HP for some seconds. This is because while in the world, the PvE geared players have a much higher advantage against mobs/quests while the PvP'ers have a minor advantage against PvE players.
    Last edited by Tedj; 2013-04-23 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First attempt with no deaths?

Holy shit.

Tank with 350k DPS nothing to see move along.

Deleted
    Yeah, ignore the video of Exorsus which was first released.

10+ Year Old Account
    14-16 hours raiding per day.
    Amaze-tic

14 to 16 hours a day. Not only would I hate playing this game raiding that much but I would never be able to remotely manage such a demanding schedule without getting some sort of pay check out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It wasn't world first.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I can't wait till they post world 106th's video!

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    First attempt with no deaths?

Holy shit.
    No doubt practiced on alts. But still cracking achievement.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Method and Paragon got the kill first, so they are far more important.

Yeah except that Chinese guild got the first kill, they still have the achievement at that marked 2013-4-08... so yeah.

Any who Props on all the guilds who killed em and to Exorsus for uploading it for everyone who's been so eager to just see him

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    No doubt practiced on alts. But still cracking achievement.
    It is very unlikely that this was practiced on alts due to the shear amount of gear that is required to get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakilorne View Post
    Yeah except that Chinese guild got the first kill, they still have the achievement at that marked 2013-4-08... so yeah.

Any who Props on all the guilds who killed em and to Exorsus for uploading it for everyone who's been so eager to just see him
    Exploited. Doesn't count.

It's no suprise, that after the first kill on this kind of boss the next kills are without any trouble at all. Gratz to every guild beating ra'den so far

I really hope they give us something else to do with the lesser runes. Even at 90 per week mine have still been steadily increasing- I'm at over 2000 now.

Deleted
    As predicted, they waited for BL video before posting the kills on the front page.
    I know it's none of my business what they decide to post here and when, but this sincerily piss me off.

I'd really like to know how they did the world first kill on their first attempt and without a single death... I mean sure alts could practice it but at this point in time Lei Shen was still hugely difficult with the lack of gear available... And even if alts were used to practice, do they just have doubles of their mains or ?? Switching from one class to another for the real thing would still surely result in mistakes on the first attempt... I'm just speechless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    As predicted, they waited for BL video before posting the kills on the front page.
    I know it's none of my business what they decide to post here and when, but this sincerily piss me off.
    Its one of the things where Boub blatently LIED to the community of MMO-C, that his merge with Curse wont affect newspost. But since BL is being sponsored by Curse, you'll always see BL videos and interviews here first, even if they arent even worth it.

And honestly, tell me again that TIME is not the top requirement to be a "top raider", Riggy. 16h a day... gz for your "awesome" achievement, hahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its one of the things where Boub blatently LIED to the community of MMO-C, that his merge with Curse wont affect newspost. But since BL is being sponsored by Curse, you'll always see BL videos and interviews here first, even if they arent even worth it.

And honestly, tell me again that TIME is not the top requirement to be a "top raider", Riggy. 16h a day... gz for your "awesome" achievement, hahahahaha.
    If you care so much just follow their Youtube accounts. Boub/Chaud can post what they damn well please.