Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Err we took Nefarian's head the first time, same for Onyxia. Shockingly, they grew another head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Taking Nefarian and Onyxia's heads didn't stop them returning...
    To quote Arthas in WC3, "Doesn't anybody stay dead any more?"

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they are all fusing together with Garrosh, to create Garridillian lich wing. hes the final boss of next expansion.
    WINNING.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    WINNING.
    /10char
    You win sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Err we took Nefarian's head the first time, same for Onyxia. Shockingly, they grew another head.
    They didnt grow another head, Deathwing reclaimed their heads(Hence why they are both risen dragon zombies, both have visable rotting on them) L2Lore yo!

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    Well he sure has a point, I can't remember we took Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarts Head back when he "died".

See whos back now.
    I soulstoned myself^^

Next expansion: Kael'thas, Arthas, and Deathwing in human form riding on Anub'arak's back.

Everything was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Illidan could possibly return, though the mechanism of his return is questionable. As a demon-Night Elf hybrid, his spirit may have translated or passed into the Twisting Nether (a la the Nathrezim mechanic of seeming immortality), or possibly even passed into Outland's version of the Emerald Dream (very questionable, but I suppose somewhat possible). Kael'thas is pretty much dead as a door nail, IMO. He was on Fel life support when we beheaded him in Magister's Terrace, doubtful he would return in any meaningful fashion. Deathwing was pretty much dissolved into nothingness by the Dragon Soul, and even before that the power of the Old Gods had turned him into a monstrosity that could barely be called a dragon in any case.

Onyxia and Nefarian both have already been resurrected and killed again (I assume Deathwing captured their severed heads at Stormwind during his "visit," and restored Nefarian to draconic unlife who then proceeded to turn Onyxia into some kind of dragon zombie Frankenstein). Arthas is a curious case - we know his soul is in some kind of oblivion realm saved for those who die in a state of physical undeath, but with the shards of Frostmourne MIA and the power of the Lich King preserved and contained with Bolvar I suppose there's an avenue for his return. I hope they wouldn't cheapen such a character as Arthas/the Lich King with such a resurrection, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Considering the death animation of Deathwing, it is extremely doubtful that he will come back even if he was alive out of sheer embarrassment of being turned into sparkly glitter. Illidan will get your excessively by the book redemption story as they have hamfistedly hinted at that a few times, which kind of hurts his appeal in my book. Arthas. Just leave him dead, he was one of my least favorite characters in lore. It cheapens Bolvar to bring him back.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Illidan could possibly return, though the mechanism of his return is questionable. As a demon-Night Elf hybrid, his spirit may have translated or passed into the Twisting Nether (a la the Nathrezim mechanic of seeming immortality), or possibly even passed into Outland's version of the Emerald Dream (very questionable, but I suppose somewhat possible).
    I suppose it could be like Ragnaros in the molten core, he could only be killed in the firelands.
    Kael'thas is pretty much dead as a door nail, IMO. He was on Fel life support when we beheaded him in Magister's Terrace, doubtful he would return in any meaningful fashion.
    Have to disagree with you here, death is merely a setback for Kael lol, he's probably going to come back in some form or another.

And otherwise Kel'thuzad, we didn't get his phylactery when we killed him in Wrath and he was confirmed to be alive by Nyorloth: https://twitter.com/Gromweld/status/175423443171426304

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    And otherwise Kel'thuzad, we didn't get his phylactery when we killed him in Wrath and he was confirmed to be alive by Nyorloth: https://twitter.com/Gromweld/status/175423443171426304
    You know, that's a very interesting point - exactly where is Kel'Thuzad's phylactery in the whole mess of events in Northrend? And on the heels of that, there are a ton of Liches we've killed both in-game and in lore where their phylacteries weren't handled. Amnennar, Novos, and even Lady Deathwhisper are all candidates for a return on that score.

Of course, I also assume that the Lich King is their route to returning to life - without his active assistance, I'm not sure it would be possible for them to manifest again as corporeal undead. But still, they're out there... somewhere.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, that's a very interesting point - exactly where is Kel'Thuzad's phylactery in the whole mess of events in Northrend? And on the heels of that, there are a ton of Liches we've killed both in-game and in lore where their phylacteries weren't handled. Amnennar, Novos, and even Lady Deathwhisper are all candidates for a return on that score.

Of course, I also assume that the Lich King is their route to returning to life - without his active assistance, I'm not sure it would be possible for them to manifest again as corporeal undead. But still, they're out there... somewhere.
    I'd dig a story where KT has returned and laid low, slowly gathering the phylacteries of other liches like Deathwhisper or Chillwinter, and assembling a whole court of liches to serve as his council. Once he has assembled this "Council of Bones", KT combines there arcane might with his to launch a surprise assault on Bolvar for control of the Scourge. We heroes are called on to once again return to Northrend, this time to defend the Lich King from these usurpers and prevent the most devastating weapon on Azeroth, the Scourge, from falling into the hands of an undead madman. New race could be neutral (ala pandas) Vrykul who follow Bolvar as their new death god, plus maybe a few new skins like frost trolls or taunka for PC's.
    Perhaps a future expansion possibility? Maybe when/if they update Northrend?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    We took onyxia's/nef's head...... that didn't stop them

Well of course they are still alive, can't be too hard to walk back to your body right?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    We took onyxia's/nef's head...... that didn't stop them
    Thats what I thought was weird, how did they grow new heads?

Didn't we loot Kael'thas head too ?

They'll likely return for an alternate reality type raid. We'll have to kill Nozdormu at some point and would be pretty awesome to fight these bosses again in worlds where they were victorious. Deathwing's world could be one where he took over the world long ago without the help of the Old Gods.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Of course they aren't... they are on the alien mother ship partying hearty with Elvis, JFK and Jimmy Hoffa.
    New hero class, Guitar Hero Elvis look alike. You damage as you dance and you heal as you sing. You can also try to make the world a better place to sacrifice yourself for the raid, just like JFK.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the past 8 years was merely a set back