Poll: Do you own/how many guns?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have one.

I dip my arm in alcohol and set it on fire.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Why on earth would I provide a comprehensive list of firearms that I may or may not own?
    OP is working for Bloomberg and the ATF.

Deleted
    None

Hmm im from the UK and I must have seen a real gun maybe once or twice in my life and that was in a museum type place lol. Nah fuck guns and everything they stand for, im not going to get into a debate about them because it wont lead to anything but im glad to be from England were they are non existent in everyday life.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. I don't hunt or collect. I've gone to the range with friends a couple of times. I sort of liked the challenge of being accurate, but not enough to spend the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I have no use for a firearm.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No and I don't want to. Besides, the process of getting a gun in Finland after the couple school shootings isn't worth it.

Zero. I don't see why anyone needs one.

Protection? BS, sorry but a big bat will work just as well.
    Hunting? Nope, I don't see why you should kill animals for sport. You disgust me.
    Making me feel like a big tough man? Nope, I've got a massive cock and a g/f covered in bruises that proves my manliness.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I own a single 22 Handgun. I've shot a few thousand rounds through it in around 5 outings.

I chose it because it was an excellent way to learn how to shoot a handgun, one of the most accurate handguns. I've shot rifles, hunted, even automatic weapons. I don't have any intention on hunting anytime soon, so I bought the only thing that could have any practical use, and I highly doubt it would ever be used for self defense. It's also insanely difficult to find a shotgun range in a large city, and going shooting relieves stress, it's fun to do.

So long as you have respect for weapons, you have no intention to kill anyone, and aren't a maniac, weapons are perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    none , dont need them either im not druglord or mobster...

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    2 pounds makes a big difference? As for the kick it is not a problem if you train with it, as you should with all firearms.
    More to the point though RICH, anything but a shotgun in a housing estate puts neighbors at risk unless they have very solid walls and widows.

I don't own a firearm, although from the poll pov I think it's strange I'm supposed to explain why I don't have one. It's not like you'll automatically get one if you're born. But fair enough, as far as I know most firearms are illegal where I live. I don't need one, I'm not allowed to shoot it and all in all it seems like a waste of money to get myself licensed to have one, buy one and get a license to shoot it.

I'd rather spend my money on a holiday or a new PC.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    More to the point though RICH, anything but a shotgun in a housing estate puts neighbors at risk unless they have very solid walls and widows.
    Now I'm no expert on ballistics but surely shotgun pellets would more easily go through wall than a .22?

I refuse to vote in the poll, because I don't think that's anyone's business. Not that I don't think this is any interesting thread, it certainly is, OP. If others want to share that information, all the power to them, but I choose to keep that information private.

2 pounds makes a big difference? As for the kick it is not a problem if you train with it, as you should with all firearms.
    well let me ask you this. lets look at what the experts use for close quarter combat just like you will se in home defense. Do they use shotguns? nope do they use pistols some times but the weapon you see the military use most often is the full automatic version of the AR15 the M16A2 with a shorter barrel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Zero. I don't see why anyone needs one.

Protection? BS, sorry but a big bat will work just as well.
    Hunting? Nope, I don't see why you should kill animals for sport. You disgust me.
    Making me feel like a big tough man? Nope, I've got a massive cock and a g/f covered in bruises that proves my manliness.
    Most actually hunt for the meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most actually hunt for the meat.
    The sweetest deer is the deer you killed yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    So killing an animal for sport, eating it, probably honoring 90% of its body is worse than raising cows to be slaughtered, injecting them with hormones, and killing them, using 75% of the animal?

Also, if you eat fish, most fish you get is fished in a way that kills coral reefs and entire habitats in one go. If you've ever eaten anything fast food fish, you should be ashamed, they killed whales for your fish fillet.

Unless you're a vegetarian, there is little argument there.

Hunting is probably one of the best ways to honor the animal and the habitat, if you eat meat. Fishing by traditional line and pole is perfectly fine as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    308 bolt action
    kar98k
    44 rev
    22 lr x2
    20g single
    1891 mauser

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    well let me ask you this. lets look at what the experts use for close quarter combat just like you will se in home defense. Do they use shotguns? nope do they use pistols some times but the weapon you see the military use most often is the full automatic version of the AR15 the M16A2 with a shorter barrel

I beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Sounds like American politicians that try to legislate against "assault rifles". They don't know what they are talking about either.
    Yeah, considering every weapon can be used to "assault" someone. It is an asinine term.

Also to the previous poster that said a shotgun is better than an AR for home defense. That is correct ONLY if there is only ONE intruder. If 4 people break into your house you aint killing all 4 with the 2 shots you get from a shotgun. You may need 10 or 20 shots to neutralize the threat depending on how well you aim