Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Infernal Tide (Fan Made)

At home sick with jack all to do, so here's a fan made post MoP x-pac.

World of Warcraft: Rise of the Infernal Tide
    When the Titans slew Y'Shaarj on what is now ancient Pandaria, they realized the essence of an Old God can never truly die. So in order to ensure he would not rise again, Norgannon created a device of unimaginable power, the Pearl of the Pantheon. After the maker's left, the pearl was all but forgotten, and lost when Shao Hao separated Pandaria. Thousands of year later, the former Highborne Queen Azshara sent scouts looking for the Pearl with no success. However, as the Alliance and Horde were busy in Durotar, the Naga Queen launched an assault on the Jade Forest's, and successfully retrieved the Pearl. Though no one knows what the Queen intends to do with the item yet, nothing good can come from such power in such questionable hands.

In the pre-expansion event, heroes are sent to their perspective capitals to discuss the recent troubles brewing in Azeroth's seas. Naga activity has increased across all coastal land, and heroes from the Alliance and Horde are sent in to repel the invasions.
    In the next phase, we are sent to the Dark Portal to investigate a rise in Fel Energy there. During our search, we find a small Naga army amassing on the shores to the south, led by a Sea Witch. After killing the Naga, we take our reports back to SW/Org.
    The third phase has you sent on a diplomacy meeting with the rival faction on a secluded island far north of Pandaria. As the talks heat up, the meeting is interrupted by a massive invasion of Naga, Murloc, Makrura, and strangely, Fel Hounds. As the heroes of the Alliance and Horde retreat, the decide that the Naga have gone too long hiding under the seas.
    In the final phase, Turalyon and Alleria, two heroes thought long lost, mysteriously return. They convey in Stormwind, with Liadrin present as the Horde ambassador. This is interrupted by a massive explosion heard in Elwynn, afterwards Lord Kazzak attacks Stormwind, and spawns across different cities. We are sent to the Dark Portal once more, and to our horror, see the Dark Portal gone; It exploded, killing everyone around it on both sides. Only a small gateway remains. Unsure of exactly what is happening, the Alliance and Horde decide to sent their armies into the South Seas.

**Players go from island to island through either the use of ships or flying mounts (if close enough)**

NEW RACES

<H>Ogre: The Beastmaster Rexxar traveled to Thunderlord Stronghold after the Dark Portal opened some years ago. Here, he sought to earn the respect of his father and fellow Mok'Nathal warriors. However, recent demonic activity in Outland has led to tragedy. Defending the Stronghold with a small army of heroes, Rexxar lost both his father and his beloved companion Misha. Realizing he can never escape war, Rexxar decided to lead his people through the portal shortly before it exploded, finding solace in the Horde he helped create.

<A>Ethereal: Turalyon and Alleria had become lost for years on what remains of the Ethereal homeworld, K'aresh. Here, they helped the Ethereal's fight off the void, showing them how powerful the Light was against such an enemy. After the void is fought off, and an ecosystem dome is placed over the 'planet', the leaders of the Ethereal open up a portal to Azeroth. However, they give their people a choice. Go to Azeroth under Turalyon, and never be allowed to return, or remain on K'aresh.

6.0: Queen Azshara has used the Trident of Neptulon to raise many sunken land masses, most notably her palace and the Tomb of Sargeras.
    <A> Kul'Tiras 90-91: The Human nation of Kul'Tiras has been lost since the end of the Third War. Jaina Proudmoore decides to look for the naval capital, fearful for the fate of her brother and his people. Her fears are justified,as the Island is currently under siege by the Naga.

<H> Darkspear Islands 90-91: Raised from the sea by Azshara, the former home of the Darkspear has become a sickening shrine devoted to the Naga Queen. Vol'Jin seeks to reclaim the island for the glory of his people.

Tel'Abim 91-92: This small island was thought to be a legend lost in time. The natural resources on this island are plenty, and mysteriously, never seem to vanish. The ancestor's of modern Goblins make this island their home, in service to an unknown leader.

Plunder Isle 91-93: An island that has remained off limits for ages, Plunder Isle is situated perfectly in the center of the South Seas. However, the Bloodsail Buccaneers make this Isle their capital. We find out exactly why they have been so successful at sea.

Eye of Ysera 92-93: Malfurion and the Druids have noticed a massive spread of the Nightmare in the Emerald Dream following the Naga's assault. With Ysera and the Green Dragonflight now mortal, it falls to the heroes of Azeroth to contain the Nightmare.

Zandalar 93-95: Home of the ancient Zandalari Tribe, this Troll capital has slowly been slipping into the sea. Various Dinosaur and Plant life make this island home. It is here we see why the Zandalari have been so desperate; Naga and Faceless are attacking the island, and their is currently a civil war between Zul and Rastakhan's forces.

Hellfire Peninsula 94-95: Following the explosion of the Dark Portal, multiple demonic portals opened across Hellfire Peninsula. Luckily, Honour Hold and Thrallmar were abandoned when the Fel Energies were increasing. It appears the Legion is preparing an invasion.

Nazjatar 94-95: Home of the Naga, this former Highborne capital is blistering with ancient arcane power. Here, Queen Azshara commands her forces from within her palace. Something doesn't seem right though. Unlike their usual minions, it seems Azshara is in fact using the Old Gods.

Raids
    The Golden Fleet: The Prophet Zul saved many Zandalari through his dark visions. However, as his amount of followers grew, so to did his pride and greed. The Prophet now seeks to reclaim Zandalar for his own people, and will use whatever dark magic he has to repel any who would dare stop him. (5 bosses) Final Boss: The Dark Prophet Zul

Plunder Hold: The Hidden base of the Bloodsail Buccaneers rests in a hidden cavern system beneath the Isle. Here, we find out why these pirates have been so successful on the seas, and find out about a dark secret sleeping beneath the oceans. (4 bosses) Final Boss: Duke Falrevere

Rift of Aln: At the heart of the Emerald Nightmare, heroes travel downward into a deep crevasse. They soon discover that this bleeds off into Azeroths own oceans, and locate the source of the Nightmare; A prison built beneath the Maelstrom. (5 bosses) Final Boss: Avatar of N'zoth

6.2: After discovering the source of the Nightmare, heroes of the Alliance and Horde are sent to the Maelstrom to investigate. However to their shock, the Maelstrom is no longer empty. A massive complex, what appears to be a prison, has been raised from the ocean floor.
    Tomb of Sargeras 95+: In this daily hub, heroes see Naga working with Old God forces. Queen Azshara appears on the Island at the climax of the chain and floods the island in an attempt to wipe out the Horde and Alliance. We quickly take one of the many unknown portals that cover the island, and are taken to a mass of land floating in the Twisting Nether, the Plains of Xerrath.

Raids
    Tomb of Sargeras: This tomb is the resting place of the Avatar of the Dark God Sargeras. Following its sinking, it was overrun by Naga and Faceless forces. However, a demonic presence has haunted the Tomb for thousands of years, and has kept a power influence over the Naga. (9 bosses) Final Boss: Shade of Gul'Dan
    Plains of Xerrath: Heroes of the Alliance and Horde, in there escape from the Tomb of Sargeras, are teleported to a nightmare. A massive demonic army is gathering upon a floating island in the Twisting Nether. Why are the Naga opening these portals, and why is the Legion gathering in such numbers?
    (1 boss on normal, 2 on heroic) Final Boss (N): Legion Lord Balthas Final Boss (H): Azzinoth <Demon of Illidan>

6.4: Scouts from Alliance and Horde have reported an increase of demonic activity across all corners of Azeroth. So far, only minor foot soldiers have appeared, but the numbers at which they are spawning is frightening. The time has now come to assault the palace of Azshara before the Legion can amass an army.
    City of Nazjatar 95++: The capital of the Naga, this enormous city has enough space for both a raid and a quest hub. Here, we discover a horrifying secret; Azshara is no longer a minion of the Old Gods, instead, she is using their power for her own ends. She intends to use the Pearl of Pandaria to summon a massive demonic portal so Kil'Jaedan himself can fully enter Azeroth.

Raids
    Palace of Nazjatar: For over 10,000 years Queen Azshara has ruled from her sunken throne in Nazjatar. This former Highborne capital contains the warped experiments of Old God minions, enslaved water elementals, including their leader Neptulon, and a giant army fiercely loyal to their queen. All of these minions however, are nothing compared to the Queen herself, who sits atop her glorious throne. (13 bosses) Final Boss: Queen Azshara

The raid ends on a somber note. Though Azshara is dead, she is not in possession of the Pearl. It is revealed that the army of Naga discovered in Blasted Lands in the pre-event in face hid the Pearl. The explosion of the Dark Portal was a result of an overload of energy that such a simple portal could not contain. The gateway that remained intact was a new one created specifically by the Naga, the token army they sent their nothing but a farce. Shortly before being killed, Azshara went to Blasted Lands and fused the Pearl with the gateway. The combination of Old God, Titan, and Demonic Energy empowered the portal to a size not seen since the War of the Ancients. The third official invasion has begun.

I am very bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I was really impressed reading this. Honestly I feel this idea has already been put into play for the one of the two ideas I had for the next expansion. Maybe not the races, although Ogre has been a possibility from the start this would be a nice chance to allow them to release it; I just can't see Etheral being put into play with this lore setting.

Your idea looks kind of similar to mine.

Not bad to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ethereal as race, no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quick thing, Rexxar and his people are half-ogres, not ogres, so according to your explanation the new Horde race would be half-ogres.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

stopped reading when you mentioned Ogres and Ethereals

Deleted
    I suggest that you have the Quest-hub sections in the inter-raid patches (6.1, 6.3)

Also, have an Avatar of the Pearl as the final (Heroic only) boss of the Naz'jatar raid. I'd also like to involve Wrathion somewhere (possibly as the Ambassador for the final pre-xpac events - they all come to the Tavern in the Mists for the meeting, which is rudely interrupted by ALL THE SEA CRATURES!)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Quick thing, Rexxar and his people are half-ogres, not ogres, so according to your explanation the new Horde race would be half-ogres.
    Yea, my idea is that there classified as Ogres though they are only half. Maybe give them a new model to show thia.

And Ethereals are a weird one, but I dont see much races left for the Ally. High Elves will never happen (too much qq), and Naga and Arroka* even are a bit of a stretch. At least Ethereals are a relatively blank slate and have a lot to work with.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    stopped reading when you mentioned Ogres and Ethereals
    Then you wasted your time and missed a decent read.

If it was up to me id have no new races, but another class seems too sudden.

I would love to see Rexxar being involved in the next addon
    One of the most amazing character in wow/wc3

Indeed! However, he's also chieftain of the Stonemaul clan, so I guess it's possible to combine Rexxar with the "pure ogre" lore as well
    Mother pus bucket!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Indeed! However, he's also chieftain of the Stonemaul clan, so I guess it's possible to combine Rexxar with the "pure ogre" lore as well
    He was Chieftain, he gave that title to Mok'morok back in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice ideas. 'The Infernal Tide' is a cool title. Personally, I don't buy Azshara being that interested in the Burning Legion anymore, but the storyline is plausible if it turns out she's still carrying a torch for Sargeras after 10,000 years under the sea. Some good zone ideas too - yes for Azshara raising lost land-masses with Neptulon's stolen power.

Deleted
    i dont care what anyone says, if you dont want Ethereals as a race, you're dead to me!

Azzinoth is already dead and he never was under controll of Illidan.

Isle of Zandalar is destroyed by cataclysm.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post

Not quite, the isle still exists, but it's sinkning and invaded by naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post

And even if it sinks entirely, Azshara's got that trident that controls the oceans and everything. She can just raise it up.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    And even if it sinks entirely, Azshara's got that trident that controls the oceans and everything. She can just raise it up.
    The Trident is non-cannon as it's from the RPG books.

Deleted
    I don't understand why Azshara would suddenly align herself with the Burning Legion again, especially after being granted much more power by the Old Gods.

The Trident is non-cannon as it's from the RPG books.
    What? I thought the Trident was the whole reason they kidnapped Neptulon at the end of the Throne of Tides. Not that it was very obvious what was going on, as suddenly your questgiver was simply gone, but pretty sure that was stated in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't understand why Azshara would suddenly align herself with the Burning Legion again, especially after being granted much more power by the Old Gods.
    I dont know, it would kinda cool for Azshara, the manipulative person she is, to have been using the Old Gods for a power boost this whole time. Like, she's so full of herself that not even the Old Gods can control her. And she was reeeeeally in love with Sargeras.