1. #1

    Ji-kun 25 heroic nest assignments

    As we are close to a council heroic kill and Ji-Kun is next on our to-do list, I'd like to know if anyone would mind sharing how they organise groups / assign people to nests on heroic Ji-Kun (25 man). A lot of info that is to be found is from the 10-man encounter (which seem to always follow a 2 nest group scheme, one group with a tank, one without, but I'm fairly certain this is not possible in 25 man due to concurrent nests activating).

    On normal we are used to having 5 groups of 4 people (each responsible for a lower and upper platform in their closest vicinity).

    Long story short: very interested in a short summary of which group (+ if that group requires a tank) goes to which platform, so I can pre-assign people before we start working on this encounter.

    Thank you in advance. Any other information wrt the 25-man hc version is of course welcome.
    Bovine Intervention - www.bovine-intervention.eu - 3-evening 25 man HC raiding - always recruiting

  2. #2
    First of all, i would like to give credits to puremagz youtube videos for everything in my post. I made everything myself but got alot of Ideas/tips from his kill video and later on his guide.

    We used 5 groups also. Only 3 groups go up into the air though. Here's a spreadsheet on how we did it. Red markings means that a nest guardian will be there. We used 3 dpsers 1 healer for every nest. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nbFNWOVE#gid=0
    Basically put good cleavers and such on nest 1,4 and 5 while putting melee dps on 2 and 3.

    Weakaura macros for every group: http://pastebin.com/u/Telefonorm To start the text aura you have to write "Jikun_Start" and to end "Jikun_End"

    Fight is really easy if you understand how to follow that spreadsheet and stay spread on main platform while quills isn't active. Calling where everyone have to go is a pain in the start though. Took no more then 10 tries for us to down it, alot less then Megeara etc.

    Hope it helped! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

    Edit: link to puremagz Yt channel with the guide/kill: https://www.youtube.com/user/puremagz

  3. #3
    Halo,

    We ran a similar strat with:
    - 5 groups of 4 people
    - 7 healers (2 healers on main platform fulltime)
    - 3 tanks

    The order is the same, but it just doubles and triples up faster.

    Assuming you do assignments like... G1 always goes down 1st, g2 always goes down 2nd and every group stays at their spot...
    Nest Guardians spawn:
    1) 2nd down (g2) - the 1st time g2 goes down
    2) 5th down (g5) - the 1st time g5 goes down
    3) 5th up (g5) - this is the 1st time G5 goes up
    4) 7th up (g2) - this is the 2nd time G2 goes up
    5) the 3rd time G3 goes down (it's nest #22)
    The 3rd time G3 goes down

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 03:05 PM ----------

    Stacking certain groups with cleave and only having them go up and handle the nest might be more efficient, but logistically it's much harder to explain and learn.

    For that reason, I recommend 5 groups down and 5 groups up (just to keep things simple)

  4. #4
    Anyone still have the weak aura and be willing to post/share it again? The pastebin link here and on the youtube video has expired. Thanks in advance.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by khatian View Post
    Anyone still have the weak aura and be willing to post/share it again? The pastebin link here and on the youtube video has expired. Thanks in advance.
    I just checked my pastebin link on my video guide and it's still working for me.

  6. #6
    Odd thought it wasn't showing up before, might have just been that it was blocked for me at work and I remembered it as "not working". Sorry about that. thanks for the help!

  7. #7
    High Overlord HeaddsDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Black Temple
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    First of all, i would like to give credits to puremagz youtube videos for everything in my post. I made everything myself but got alot of Ideas/tips from his kill video and later on his guide.

    We used 5 groups also. Only 3 groups go up into the air though. Here's a spreadsheet on how we did it. Red markings means that a nest guardian will be there. We used 3 dpsers 1 healer for every nest. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nbFNWOVE#gid=0
    Basically put good cleavers and such on nest 1,4 and 5 while putting melee dps on 2 and 3.

    Weakaura macros for every group: http://pastebin.com/u/Telefonorm To start the text aura you have to write "Jikun_Start" and to end "Jikun_End"

    Fight is really easy if you understand how to follow that spreadsheet and stay spread on main platform while quills isn't active. Calling where everyone have to go is a pain in the start though. Took no more then 10 tries for us to down it, alot less then Megeara etc.

    Hope it helped! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

    Edit: link to puremagz Yt channel with the guide/kill: https://www.youtube.com/user/puremagz
    where excatly do i type Jikun_start at ? lol

  8. #8
    In the chatbox, any chat (guild, say, whisper, whatever).
    Just max sure to use exactly Jikun_Start, it's case sensitive (so what you wrote won't work.)
    Also, you may have to load the aura if it's in the "not loaded" tablet of WA. You can find this by clicking on the Aura, then choose the "load" tab. There just uncheck "Never" and it should work fine!
    Last edited by Telefonorm; 2013-05-09 at 12:58 AM.

  9. #9
    High Overlord HeaddsDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Black Temple
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    In the chatbox, any chat (guild, say, whisper, whatever).
    Just max sure to use exactly Jikun_Start, it's case sensitive (so what you wrote won't work.)
    Also, you may have to load the aura if it's in the "not loaded" tablet of WA. You can find this by clicking on the Aura, then choose the "load" tab. There just uncheck "Never" and it should work fine!
    thank you im alright with WA just never used that kind before so super grateful for the fast response

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    First of all, i would like to give credits to puremagz youtube videos for everything in my post. I made everything myself but got alot of Ideas/tips from his kill video and later on his guide.

    We used 5 groups also. Only 3 groups go up into the air though. Here's a spreadsheet on how we did it. Red markings means that a nest guardian will be there. We used 3 dpsers 1 healer for every nest. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nbFNWOVE#gid=0
    Basically put good cleavers and such on nest 1,4 and 5 while putting melee dps on 2 and 3.

    Weakaura macros for every group: http://pastebin.com/u/Telefonorm To start the text aura you have to write "Jikun_Start" and to end "Jikun_End"

    Fight is really easy if you understand how to follow that spreadsheet and stay spread on main platform while quills isn't active. Calling where everyone have to go is a pain in the start though. Took no more then 10 tries for us to down it, alot less then Megeara etc.

    Hope it helped! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

    Edit: link to puremagz Yt channel with the guide/kill: https://www.youtube.com/user/puremagz
    Oh dear, that's a pretty bare spreadsheet. I have one that I modified from general knowledge (mostly reorganized to make more sense), complete with tabs at the bottom for specific groups to be able to read it more easily and even a tab just for the Nest Guardians.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eGdSdUE#gid=3

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Oh dear, that's a pretty bare spreadsheet. I have one that I modified from general knowledge (mostly reorganized to make more sense), complete with tabs at the bottom for specific groups to be able to read it more easily and even a tab just for the Nest Guardians.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2eGdSdUE#gid=3
    Your one is indeed alot easier to read, altough for min/maxing purposes i feel that having only 3 groups that fly up instead of all 5 is a gain. This boss is alredy quite easy however. Also the spreadsheet had less use then i thought tbh, with Bigwigs and general knoweldge of how the nests spawn I never have to watch it anymore. Just basic counting!
    Goodluck on the boss everyone.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Halo,

    We ran a similar strat with:
    - 5 groups of 4 people
    - 7 healers (2 healers on main platform fulltime)
    - 3 tanks

    The order is the same, but it just doubles and triples up faster.
    This, and use one of the spreadsheets floating around to call out groups. If a group has somebody that didn't realize they needed to go, it's probably a wipe. If everybody goes to the nest when they're supposed to, it's pretty easy.

    That's about it, really. Make sure people are going to nests when they need to and it's a kill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •