Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's the most addicting, suger or drugs?

What do you think? Do you perhaps have any experience to share? Could the addiction to suger be comperable? I'm about to go kinda healthly for one month and without suger it's gonna be hard. When I do it for just one week I'm down all the time, teird and just feel like I have no energy. Could drugs really be that much worse? I mean obviously they might hurt you more I suppose, but is it harder to stop?

10+ Year Old Account
    Drugs are far worse. A lot worse than just having no energy.

addicted to suger

what the fuck man ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Addiction acts the same way on the brain no matter what the "substance" is. The physical symptoms from drug addiction and withdrawal are more severe than from food or sugar, but the mental effect is the same (albeit the level of intensity can obviously vary).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you'll find that if your diet is healthy you'll get enough carbs and sugars to keep a consistently high energy level throughout the day without experiencing the 'highs' and 'crashes' that are brought on by a bad diet with lots of sugar. :-) Best of luck!
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Lets see, you need sugar to survive, or you would die.
    (also, glucose).
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Drugs. They also kill you faster. At its worst, sugar taken in large doses can give you diabetes which kills you if left untreated.

the addictions are not comparable, if there is even such a thing as a medical addiction to sugar...and you might want to keep quiet about this, because to anyone that's ever struggled with drug addiction or known anyone that has will find it insulting.

Deleted
    I've been addicted to Xanor. It's the worst thing ever to try and stop using it. Was just lying in bed, screaming, crying, shaking, throwing up and having real bad anxiety. Wanted to die. Had real bad suicidal thoughts. Hurt myself because of the anxiety. Couldn't sleep. Had hallucinations. Eventually got committed to a hospital because of the withdrawal, a psychiatric ward. Couldn't walk on my own, needed support to walk because of feeling really weak, had to be carried inside the ward.

I don't believe sugar addiction to be comparable one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Addiction acts the same way on the brain no matter what the "substance" is. The physical symptoms from drug addiction and withdrawal are more severe than from food or sugar, but the mental effect is the same (albeit the level of intensity can obviously vary).
    Try withdrawal from xanor or benzo in general, you can't compare that to sugar. At all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodi...rawal_syndrome

"mental effect is the same"

In severe cases, the withdrawal reaction may exacerbate or resemble serious psychiatric and medical conditions, such as mania, schizophrenia
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-04-23 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    I am actually going through withdrawal atm.
    I have ben smoking weed on a daily basis since i was 13 y/o .
    2 days without a joint and my GF left to her moms house because she couldnt take me at this very moment.
    my mood is changing every second.
    On the other hand i have Diabetes , also since i was 13. So suger hardly never comes to my mouth, but i can speak for the Drug's part. And its no fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    snip
    Ah, it seems you have misread my post. I said addiction acts the same way (I guess it would be more fair to say "similar") on the brain, regardless of substance. I did mean to imply that you withdrawal from sugar in the same way you might opiates or benzodiazepines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

No one is trying to compare sugar withdrawal to severe drug or alcohol withdrawal. Perhaps I should have been more careful choosing my words when I said that withdrawal effects can be similar, even though I qualified the statement by saying the intensity would obviously be different.
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-04-24 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Ah, it seems you have misread my post. I said addiction acts the same way (I guess it would be more fair to say "similar") on the brain, regardless of substance. I did mean to imply that you withdrawal from sugar in the same way you might opiates or benzodiazepines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

No one is trying to compare sugar withdrawal to severe drug or alcohol withdrawal. Perhaps I should have been more careful choosing my words when I said that withdrawal effects can be similar, even though I qualified the statement by saying the intensity would obviously be different.
    There is absolutely no way in the entire world that not having sugar would be comparable to withdrawing from Benzos. I'm sure that the experience could reasonably uncomfortable given the right person/scenario (hardcore diabetic,) but the symptoms are vastly different between the two. I used to take a very small amount (less than .5 mg per day,) when I was diagnosed with an Anxiety disorder, and let me tell you, is almost no experience that I've had in my life that has ever made me feel more ill, insecure, fearful, and just plain awful as getting off .25 mg of this medication.

If you want to learn more about addiction, check out some of the stories of people on erowid.com that have become addicted to hardcore drugs, I don't think I've ever read more unsettling things in my entire life. Some of those stories are enough to make your stomach turn inside-out, especially reading about the Fentanyl and Heroin addicts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsh View Post
    There is absolutely no way in the entire world that not having sugar would be comparable to withdrawing from Benzos. I'm sure that the experience could reasonably uncomfortable given the right person/scenario (hardcore diabetic,) but the symptoms are vastly different between the two. I used to take a very small amount (less than .5 mg per day,) when I was diagnosed with an Anxiety disorder, and let me tell you, is almost no experience that I've had in my life that has ever made me feel more ill, insecure, fearful, and just plain awful as getting off .25 mg of this medication.
    Yeah.. I was using like 6-12 mg xanor / day when I was addicted, developped quite the tolerance.. Was stupid enough to try and go cold turkey on it, hello hospital. Was given benzo to calm me down there, was in a very bad state. Other patients couldn't sleep because I was screaming so loud first night before they gave me enough to calm me down. :/
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-04-24 at 08:52 PM.

Sugar is quite addicting, I would wager that 50% of America is addicted to sugar. That said no one ever died from a sugar OD and withdraws do not typically involve vomit. Drugs are WORSE, sugar is more prevalent.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Sugar is more addicting, but drugs are a more dangerous addiction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Sugar is more addicting, but drugs are a more dangerous addiction.
    You've obviously never tried taking benzo in a rapid dose increase over a few days. That is addicting, sugar kind of fades in comparison - if you can even be addicted to it.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-04-24 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with drugs being more addictive.

You know what is worse though, junk food. So easy, so cheap, so readily available...

Holy fuck am I ever sick of people insisting they're addicted to everything under the sun. Having a shitty habit isn't the same thing as addiction.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a human addicted to sugar. I mean our bodies need it so I guess maybe lol. Anyhow drugs are far more addicting.

10+ Year Old Account
    how is this even a question lol

drugs, undoubtedly