Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    A bit sad how pictures of suspects are shown in the media, even though they pose no threat (already in custody), and later turn out innocent.
    Maybe media should use the same common sense they do with children suspects - and suppress that info, until they are found guilty.

Of course if police needs help finding suspect, that's a bit of another story, but if a suspect is already in custody, I see it as irresponsible to show their picture+name if they haven't been convicted yet.
    Should be illegal to publish the name and/or pictures of someone that's not a threat until proven to be guilty.

too close to being banned to make jokes sadly

OT it sucks that he was publicly accused, as he will be dealing with this for a while, he could probably sue the newspaper company and become like the Beverly hillbillies though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Should be illegal to publish the name and/or pictures of someone that's not a threat until proven to be guilty.
    a)freedom of press.
    b)there are times when district attorney end up cutting deals to give lesser punishment or even to let go free. Public exposure makes sure Justice gets done no matter what legal system does (legal system is not Justice since its based more on procedure than facts i.e. you can kill someone publicly, and if police do not read you miranda rights, you WILL go free.)
    c)Juries also can be deceived or are flat out stupid i.e. swedish man said he did not even have sex with the defendent even though his semen was found inside her, and jury believed him.

EDIT: Update - April 27th
    Sounds like they got a new guy in custody, James Everett Dutschke.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/27/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1

Only connection between the two guys, so far, is that James apparently has previously worked for Paul's brother a year ago. /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    a)freedom of press.
    freedom of the individual > freedom of press.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    c)Juries also can be deceived or are flat out stupid i.e. swedish man said he did not even have sex with the defendent even though his semen was found inside her, and jury believed him.
    jury pools can be hopelessly tainted either way before trial can even hope to begin. the more sensational the case the more likely jurors will come in with minds already made (regardless of what they say)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I'm sure glad this guy's name was blasted all over the world by the media before it was confirmed he had done it.