Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Sweet speculation thread! Subs have dropped no question. I can only hope that this will be the call where they fire ghostcrawler.
    Yeah hate him all you want he's good at his job. Hes like a member of congress anything he does will get shit, same with anyone in his position.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guessing the subs are down a bit, but I'm still having fun and not fuzzed about the numbers tbh. If they said it was down 2mil I'd still be having fun with our casual, slightly bad, raid group.

Who gives a shit.

They're pushing content as fast as ever and its still high quality.

A game that is this old will always push burned out players out faster than it brings in new players, its just a fact. As long as there are enough players that its worth Blizzard still pushing out content that is all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Yeah hate him all you want he's good at his job. Hes like a member of congress anything he does will get shit, same with anyone in his position.
    lol "good at his job", said no one ever. Also, congress has a 9% approval rating so next time pick a better analogy. Creating shittons of dailies is "creating quality content" that was the hallmark of previous expansions. oh wait.

lol "good at his job", said no one ever. Also, congress has a 9% approval rating so next time pick a better analogy. Creating shittons of dailies is "creating quality content" that was the hallmark of previous expansions. oh wait.
    You don't understand what im saying, congress was a good analogy as i bet Ghostcrawler has like a 15% approval rating.Whenever there is any change with anything the community call for his head, its not his choices as we all know you can't get the wow community to be happy his position is hated like congress.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

You don't understand what im saying, congress was a good analogy as i bet Ghostcrawler has like a 15% approval rating.Whenever there is any change with anything the community call for his head, its not his choices as we all know you can't get the wow community to be happy his position is hated like congress.
    I see some parallels but let's face it, GC has dumbed the game down since he took over, classes have no flavor, they stopped creating dungeons in favor of stupid dailies that have rewards for raiding that have nothing to do with dailies, and PVP is in shambles. The few quality of life improvements he has championed could have been thought up by pretty much anyone. Quite honestly, I enjoy wow but the guy is a cancer upon this game.

I see some parallels but let's face it, GC has dumbed the game down since he took over, classes have no flavor, they stopped creating dungeons in favor of stupid dailies that have rewards for raiding that have nothing to do with dailies, and PVP is in shambles. The few quality of life improvements he has championed could have been thought up by pretty much anyone. Quite honestly, I enjoy wow but the guy is a cancer upon this game.
    Alright lets see
    1) GC has dumbed the game down since he took over: Changed from overly complicated with things that were a pain. This can be considered a good thing.
    2)they stopped creating dungeons in favor of stupid dailies that have rewards for raiding that have nothing to do with dailies: Nope they stopped making catch up Heroics in favor of keeping people doing the raids in LFR to gear up, Rewards for raiding ? Not sure what you're talking about but maybe coins and thats already been altered.
    3) PVP is in shambles : Always said and always debated.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    He's not a quest designer. He's a class, item and tradeskill designer. He doesn't do raids either but I'm sure he has some input like everyone on their team. You people only dislike him because he's very vocal and doesn't sugar coat his opinions.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:49 PM ----------

Really? Warlocks in TBC/Vanilla before GC took over. Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Tap, Tap, Tap, Repeat. I guess that was a extremely complicated method of playing the game and today it's just faceroll. Keep going though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    He's not a quest designer. He's a class, item and tradeskill designer. He doesn't do raids either but I'm sure he has some input like everyone on their team. You people only dislike him because he's very vocal and doesn't sugar coat his opinions.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:49 PM ----------

Really? Warlocks in TBC/Vanilla before GC took over. Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Shadowbolt, Tap, Tap, Tap, Repeat. I guess that was a extremely complicated method of playing the game and today it's just faceroll. Keep going though.
    As for catch up in raids, tell me who wants to wait in 30min-1hr queues to catch up on an alt? Especially when you most likely get a half cleared instance.

And now every class is the same with almost zero differentiation. dps dps dps dps. wait for some stack to reach 5, use special and repeat. yeah, keep going though.

Wait, I can get raid rewards for doing dailies? Where can I get my 502, 522, or 525 items from dailies? OH WAIT I CAN'T. They stopped creating dungeons SO THEY CAN GET RAIDS OUT FASTER. Sure, you may have an opinion on GC, but lying about what he's done to support it? I can easily do that: GC is the best thing to ever happen to this game! Every time I log in I get a million dollars personally from GC, that's why he's the best!

As for catch up in raids, tell me who wants to wait in 30min-1hr queues to catch up on an alt? Especially when you most likely get a half cleared instance.

And now every class is the same with almost zero differentiation. dps dps dps dps. wait for some stack to reach 5, use special and repeat. yeah, keep going though.
    You could see that about anything. "Oh man all video games are exactly the same: press button, press button, press button, win. Video games have ZERO differentiation." Learn to actually make arguments instead of making up stuff

15+ Year Old Account

So why should Blizzard offer raid level gear in 5mans in order to catch up for future raids? Doesn't it make more sense to use the Raid Finder to earn raid gear? By doing this is also keeps older content relevant. Before the moment a new raid came out everyone rushed into a 5man to gear up for the new raid. That's ass backwards.

Neither my hunter nor my DK work of a combo point system. That's only a few of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Wait, I can get raid rewards for doing dailies? Where can I get my 502, 522, or 525 items from dailies? OH WAIT I CAN'T. They stopped creating dungeons SO THEY CAN GET RAIDS OUT FASTER. Sure, you may have an opinion on GC, but lying about what he's done to support it? I can easily do that: GC is the best thing to ever happen to this game! Every time I log in I get a million dollars personally from GC, that's why he's the best!

You could see that about anything. "Oh man all video games are exactly the same: press button, press button, press button, win. Video games have ZERO differentiation." Learn to actually make arguments instead of making up stuff
    Perhaps you've become crosseyed in your fit of rage while you were typing up your post but clearly your ability to comprehend is the issue here. The problem is that they attached coins for extra raid loot for dailies. A system that has zero to do with raiding. Had you earned coins FOR raiding to get extra raid gear that makes sense.

And way to distill my argument to something completely idiotic about class homogenization. Don't pretend it doesn't exist because it does and it makes the game boring when each classes play exactly the same and don't offer anything unique in terms of gameplay.

So why should Blizzard offer raid level gear in 5mans in order to catch up for future raids? Doesn't it make more sense to use the Raid Finder to earn raid gear? By doing this is also keeps older content relevant. Before the moment a new raid came out everyone rushed into a 5man to gear up for the new raid. That's ass backwards.

Neither my hunter nor my DK work of a combo point system. That's only a few of the classes.
    Once the 5 mans with catch up gear were introduced no one did the old raids, this is keeping them alive and i guess some people just hate it.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Because catch up raiding hasn't worked in the past and it was the primary issue in TBC having to run people through previous tiers. LFR queues have already become pretty painful and it's only going to get worse as we get further along in the expansion. Supporting this inane idea of forcing people through old raids when clearly blizzard went away from that is ridiculous. All you are doing is supporting Blizzard's laziness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because catch up raiding hasn't worked in the past and it was the primary issue in TBC having to run people through previous tiers. LFR queues have already become pretty painful and it's only going to get worse as we get further along in the expansion. Supporting this inane idea of forcing people through old raids when clearly blizzard went away from that is ridiculous. All you are doing is supporting Blizzard's laziness.
    I find it funny still that you don't want to run old raids to gear up for new ones. Blizzard isn't forcing you to do anything. But if you want to raid you run the Raid Finder or join a pug to earn gear for the next tier. I think the phrase character progression comes to mind and it trains you how to play your class versus blazing through a 5man dungeon.

I understand you may not like it but guilds are not forced to return to older content. Guilds are also not forced to run old content for attunements in order to do new content. An individual is responsible for this and they can use Raid Finder to attain gear to make them competitive.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 03:23 PM ----------

Once the 5 mans with catch up gear were introduced no one did the old raids, this is keeping them alive and i guess some people just hate it.
    Oh I know. Old content was completely dead. Until they removed the BT/Hyjal attunements the gating was hell especially for alts.

blizzard are clever, if you split chinese players and 'other' players that would be interesting. But they don't, they include the millions of chinese who pay far less than the rest of the world for their subs.

I doubt you'll see much of a drop at all.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing a bigger drop here, don't care though 8)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why go through the hassle of canceling it if I know I'll eventually come back?
    Meh, just seemed like $15 you could use on something else

Perhaps you've become crosseyed in your fit of rage while you were typing up your post but clearly your ability to comprehend is the issue here. The problem is that they attached coins for extra raid loot for dailies. A system that has zero to do with raiding. Had you earned coins FOR raiding to get extra raid gear that makes sense.
    My fit of rage? Says the guy who's cursing and swearing about his opinion on firing a guy, when let's face it, you have NO IDEA what GC's actual job entails. You don't know what tasks he's in charge of, what decisions he's made, or what decisions OTHER people have made that you're attributing to him, yet somehow you've thought it logical to lay all of YOUR problems with the game onto him. And I'm angry? Please.

And you should get raiding rewards for raiding? Hmm, funny enough, why don't I step into easy 4.3 FIVE-MANS to get gear that matches Normal Firelands gear? Because easy 5mans are raids, right? Why don't I do an easy FIVE MAN to skip raiding content? I mean, the way it is now? Where I have to actually RAID to get into raiding? That's SOOO dumbing it down, am I right? Who wants to wait an hour-long queue to gear up an alt? We should do it like in Cata where we can do an easy 5man to get raid-level gear! Because that's the harder, non-dumbed down way of doing it!

And way to distill my argument to something completely idiotic about class homogenization. Don't pretend it doesn't exist because it does and it makes the game boring when each classes play exactly the same and don't offer anything unique in terms of gameplay.
    Oh really? How about we take a look at the way you formulated a completely idiotic point about class homogenization? First off, you're ignoring the painfully easy rotations of old WoW, AND you literally said "And now every class is the same with almost zero differentiation. dps dps dps dps. wait for some stack to reach 5, use special and repeat. yeah, keep going though."

Tell me, where in the Fury or Arms rotation am I waiting for a stack to reach 5 then using a special?

Let's be honest here, you are doing COMPLETELY what you're telling me not to do: distilling things to completely idiotic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You just answered your own remark of being "baffled" how these huge numbers of subs come around.

Blizzard alone (not activision) made more than 1.600 million dollars in 2012... Subsctract the 500 million of D3 and you have your revenue stream of WoW on a yearly basis.

The only other MMO which publishes its money stream is Eve and that game lingers around 50 million dollars yearly.

-

So unless Blizzard makes this billion with illegal Columbian drug dealing ... I guess you were owned by their world wide subscriptions indeed.
    Oh really? So in 2012 the only sources of Blizzard income were Diablo III box sales and WoW subscriptions? Really? Please, when you are making mathematical arguments supported with evidence, at least try to make those evidence even remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    As to your last argument of "supporting" a successful company: be glad Blizzard even exists or we would play all those other "wonderful" crappy MMO's ...

As I stated: almost all the rest of the bunch went free to p(l)ay, so the battle of the subs (and the money) is already over for years.

Subs don't even exist anymore with all these duds people had to endure for years long hyping. So ANY number of X million subs owns 0 subs anytime.
    And here is again just a proof that you are a hopeless fanboy who cant open his mind to anything that is not WoW. And at least acknowledge any sort of competition. Dont get me wrong, there are such people in every single yard. The EvE Online community which you mentioned is full of people who keeps preaching about how "WoW is total shit for kids and retards". I "hate" them as much as I "hate" WoW lunatics which you apparently represent. I spent around 9000 hours playing WoW (maybe even over 9000! - pun not intended) since Vanilla. There are nerds far more dedicated than me but I have reason to believe I have my fair share of experience. And I loved it. Yet I stopped playing it when Dragon Soul raid came out becouse simply after all those years I got bored. THE GAME GOT OLD. I tried to play MoP but I only endured for 2 months and I am not coming back. Maybe I will try next expansion if they will advertise something cool. And I also have no interest with WoW subs going down or up. It just does not concern me. But then I surf around MMO Champion and I stumble on posts from people like you. "WoW is the BEST. Rest is SHIT! WoW number ONE subs! Rest is SHIT! Only WoW matters! Rest is SHIT. All who disagree are haters! Only WoW! Rest is SHIT!." That pretty much sums it up BenBos. And guess what, I play/played several of those "duds" which you mention and I had great fun doing it. I am subscriber of EvE since 2006 and never stopped. I am playing another MMO since last year and I would not exchange it for WoW becouse WoW bores me and this other game does not. So yeah, I play all those "other crappy MMOs" as you call it. Can you even try to imagine such concept in your head? Or it cant squeeze in through the "WOW IS BESTEST!" wall?

PS. And why you keep repeating that nonsense about "battle for money". I dont get it at all. Would this also mean all retail stores in the world should GTFO becouse Walmart gets most revenue? And I think Toyota got their #1 spot in car sales. Close down all US automobile business NOW!

PS2. I normally dont argue about such things but you BenBos together with the other guy whos name I dont remember (but he has Yosemite Sam on his avatar) are two biggest fanboy propaganda producers on this forum. The amount of blind fanaticism is just too damn high and demands a response. I dont have any issues with WoW fans in general. WoW is a great game but that does not mean one should keep shitting on everything else.
    Last edited by Awe; 2013-04-26 at 02:53 AM.