Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the show the main characters are actually compelling if somewhat ripped off, shore some of the aliens are a little meh but so was farscapes and that is one of the best sci fi shows to date
    people have to remember that it can take a entire season before a show gets into a good groove
    so hopefully it will continue
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Show is so far pretty cringe-worthy. Still going to watch and it give it as many chances as I can bear though, I'm playing the game after all.
    I like cringing.

I'm rather shocked that the only character I actually hate is the mayor. She has to be one of the most incompetent public officials I have ever seen. In three weeks of being in office, her assistant has nearly destroyed the town twice. Someone should file a recall petition on her.

Before the show started I figured I was going to HATE Alak Tarr, but I kind of like him now.

I thought Caprica was way better show, but I realize that in order to get ratings an acceptable minimal threshold of weekly violence must be maintained or else "nothing happens". In order to do that they had to make it a cop show.

I'll watch to the end, as I probably fit the "fan boy" mold for the concept of this show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I like the show, I don't think it's bad at all.
    Yup, there's a lot of lore. It's clear that a lot of effort has been put into it. I'm not very fond of the idea of non-adventures episodes. 1 static location seems to be the premise of the series.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so starved for sci-fi that I'm prepared to give just about anything a chance, there hasn't been anything good in the sci-fi department since BSG ended back in 2009...

So far Defiance is decent, not the best, but not the worst either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umm I've tagged this as TV because there's reference to a show.. Am I doing it wrong? I've never heard of this at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Umm I've tagged this as TV because there's reference to a show.. Am I doing it wrong? I've never heard of this at all.
    It's a computer game too, they released the TV show and the computer game together as a tie-in.

Show's pilot was pretty terrible... Most of the acting was syfy Saturday movie material. But I have to say that the second episode was a lot better in comparison. Something I would change still but its getting better. Or its growing on me /shrug.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    It's a computer game too, they released the TV show and the computer game together as a tie-in.
    K well.. the TV tag will work. If the discussion ends up being about the game though i'll move the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the first episode of the show, didn't like it, gave the second episode a chance, and quit after that because still didn't like it. Never tried the game.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    K well.. the TV tag will work. If the discussion ends up being about the game though i'll move the topic.

Just a heads up Fuzzzie we have a Megathread going for the game already located here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-Defiance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Just a heads up Fuzzzie we have a Megathread going for the game already located here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-Defiance
    Alright. I'll defer to that. Check out the discussion here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hread-Defiance