1. #1

    Worgen Death Knight RP problems...

    Long story short...
    I find it difficult to play Worgen DeathKnight.

    I understand the backstory concerning SilverPine etc.
    Still I don't know how to keep the balace between who I truly Am.

    DKs are addicted to deliverin pain. I cannot stop thinking about harming innocent beings...
    This means that I won't be able to turn human form (since harming or even a single though about it, creates an opportunity for worgen curse to transform me into beast)

    I'm also a wielder of Shadowmourne. This puts my whole character in a big strain at all times.
    I can't just run into inn saying "welcme everyone"...

    Should I act like someone who is slowly loosing touch with reality?

    Thanks for any kind of advice!
    Last edited by Hoodacz; 2013-04-24 at 09:34 AM.
    Woop Woop Woop...

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post

    DKs are addicted to deliverin pain. I cannot stop thinking about harming innocent beings...
    This means that I won't be able to turn human form (since harming or even a single though about it, creates an opportunity for worgen curse to transform me into beast)

    I'm also a wielder of Shadowmourne. This puts my whole character in a big strain at all times.
    I can't just run into inn saying "welcme everyone"...
    It sounds like you know exactly how to RP your character! Just do what your heart tells you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 04:36 AM ----------

    Also, DKs aren't "addicted" to hurting others, but if they go too long without doing it, they experience immense pain. You could very easily pull a Dr. J Mr. H deal and be in human form as long as your pain is subsided, but then as soon as you go too long without hurting someone, boom, worgen form.

    You could also do your best not to hurt anyone and just take the self-sacrifice of taking the pain your self and shouldering the burdens of the world with Shadowmourne.

    On top of that, you could easily pull a Dexter and use your need to hurt others to dispense justice, and not hurt innocents.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2013-04-24 at 09:42 AM.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    only blood elf dks are addicted to causing pain (it replaces their magical addiction), all other dks can do whatever they want

    unless you rp your dk to being addicted to causing pain ofc
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    only blood elf dks are addicted to causing pain (it replaces their magical addiction), all other dks can do whatever they want
    ^ This is mostly wrong.

    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12848

    It is true that the need to inflict pain replaces the magical addiction that Blood Elves had, but you're wrong in that other Death Knights don't feel this pain.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2013-04-24 at 09:48 AM.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    382
    Looking at the title of the thread, (did not know it was in the role play section) I thought RP stood for Runic Power, which did not make sense, why would a Worgen DK in particular have more runic power problem than any other DK ...
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

    Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    Looking at the title of the thread, (did not know it was in the role play section) I thought RP stood for Runic Power, which did not make sense, why would a Worgen DK in particular have more runic power problem than any other DK ...
    This made my night
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    Long story short...
    I find it difficult to play Worgen DeathKnight.

    I understand the backstory concerning SilverPine etc.
    Still I don't know how to keep the balace between who I truly Am.

    DKs are addicted to deliverin pain. I cannot stop thinking about harming innocent beings...
    This means that I won't be able to turn human form (since harming or even a single though about it, creates an opportunity for worgen curse to transform me into beast)

    Should I act like someone who is slowly loosing touch with reality?

    Thanks for any kind of advice!
    Your character sounds like one who is struggling with the life they once had and is finding it difficult to adjust to a drastically different life. That means he's probably easily frustrated (due to stress) and is probably somewhat awkward in social settings, as he's still trying to figure himself out. Play off of that theme of a lack of inner balance and a lack of self-understanding. He doesn't need to lose touch with reality, necessarily, that's a sign of dementia... but he's probably not focused on a lot of external things. His thinking is most likely insular, most of the time; self-contemplating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    I'm also a wielder of Shadowmourne. This puts my whole character in a big strain at all times.
    I can't just run into inn saying "welcme everyone"...
    ... that made me cringe a bit, gotta be honest. A character claiming a one-of-a-kind item is rather taboo.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Your character sounds like one who is struggling with the life they once had and is finding it difficult to adjust to a drastically different life. That means he's probably easily frustrated (due to stress) and is probably somewhat awkward in social settings, as he's still trying to figure himself out. Play off of that theme of a lack of inner balance and a lack of self-understanding. He doesn't need to lose touch with reality, necessarily, that's a sign of dementia... but he's probably not focused on a lot of external things. His thinking is most likely insular, most of the time; self-contemplating.
    With that being said... How should I approach other players?

    Don't you think that I should wait for others to make the first move?
    Starting off with a simple talk would be too easy and out of character... Maybee a /me command might work?
    "/me gives (character) a deadly stare"
    "as (character) approaches he feels (my character's) uneasy pressence"

    oh and btw...
    I've made a movie for a contest and I'm planning to turn it into series...

    no english subtitles "yet" sorry
    Some of my viewers actually told me to continue it in ENG
    Last edited by Hoodacz; 2013-04-24 at 01:40 PM.
    Woop Woop Woop...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    With that being said... How should I approach other players?

    Don't you think that I should wait for others to make the first move?
    Starting off with a simple talk would be too easy and out of character... Maybee a /me command might work?
    "/me gives (character) a deadly stare"
    "as (character) approaches he feels (my character's) uneasy pressence"
    Assuming you're not giving the command of another person's character feeling your uneasy presence, a deadly stare would just make you appear antisocial and hostile, rather than insular.

    While your character isn't going to be approaching others, having an emote about one of your actions and acting timidly or carefully would be the best bet. Your character's mind is fragile right now, and that fragility comes out through actions that speak of being careful and just attempting to blend in.

    Ultimately your character isn't going to be striking up conversations that much but the big thing is making a point that you are open to such without your character actually talking.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    "/me gives (character) a deadly stare"
    "as (character) approaches he feels (my character's) uneasy pressence"
    I assume you're being genuine with this, so one thing: Emote your actions, not other's emotions. It's very frowned upon to tell someone what their own character is feeling, (not only that, but a lot of people, myself included, don't think that even your own characters feelings should be put directly into /e because you can easily either talk about those feelings, or emote actions associated like "/me clenches her fist and tightens her muscles" as subtle hnt to "/me is angry".

  11. #11
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,555
    Lorewise, I'm honestly not too sure *anyone* wields Shadowmourne, it's... Really iffy claiming such an item and use it in RP - like Maddy pointed out.

    And as a Worgen Death Knight, there's the whole "Former Wolfcult, Lich King Arugal" servant thing, that should give a lot of RP in it self honestly.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #12
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And as a Worgen Death Knight, there's the whole "Former Wolfcult, Lich King Arugal" servant thing, that should give a lot of RP in it self honestly.
    Ehhhh, I wouldn't go for that personally... simply because all Wolfcult members chose to ally with the Lich King on their own volition. It's not like for example the San'layn who were forced into servitude.



  13. #13
    Warchief Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gran Pulse
    Posts
    2,168
    Go for a replica of a Shadowmourne, not rping you have the only one that exists. It will give a lot of RPers a lot less to harp at you on because using the 'I am the only wielder of XYZ legendary!' gets you stunned more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Go for a replica of a Shadowmourne, not rping you have the only one that exists. It will give a lot of RPers a lot less to harp at you on because using the 'I am the only wielder of XYZ legendary!' gets you stunned more than anything.
    I'd go with the replica too. You'll get a LOT of issues with RPers if you say you wield the original legendary. My character is a collector of weaponry, and likes to show off what he has, but they are almost always replica's aside from a runeblade which is a rather standard thing, kind of big though.

    EDIT: how he gets those replica's must also be somewhat thaught about. Like, at his home, my character has replica Warglaives hanging on the wall. How he got them was simply through participating in the Brawler's guild and winning quite a few strong bets.

    Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

  15. #15
    I don't know how accepted "replicas" are to the in-game community but they don't sit well to me... they seem to be just an excuse to wear around legendaries and I'm not convinced that it can be a true component of a character's progression, just a niche thing for coolness' sake... and that can lead down darker paths which I KNOW are disliked by the community.

    Perhaps I'm just the old man of roleplaying, but I'd try and focus on your character, not his fashion choices.

  16. #16
    I do agree, Mad. Don't get me wrong, character development and character progression are prime for good RP, though personal experience is that people don't mind the replica excuse that much, atleast on my server, if it's done moderately and you don't flock off constantly, and I do concider myself as well as an old man of RP. That said, I'm on Moonglade right now, in which the alliance RP community is counted on 2 hands.
    Last edited by susaku; 2013-04-30 at 08:57 AM.

    Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

  17. #17
    At least in this circumstance, the gentlemen who posed these questions seems to be asking advice. People asking for advice tend to be relatively new, so I would say if it requires finesse to pull off it shouldn't be encouraged, merely put as an option for much later.

    Even then it still just doesn't sit right with me. I just can't shake the feeling that it's just a cheap excuse that people use to try and make their characters cooler, and that can lead to mary suedom. Perhaps I've just never seen anyone who pulls it off very well.

    I actually had a chat with a friend who does on-line RP and apparently the only guy who really claims he has a replica or an actual weapon on his server's Horde-side community is this guy who has Deathbringer Saurfang's axe and he does a phenomenal job.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-04-30 at 03:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •