Thread: Pvp druid

Pvp druid

Last season I had a ton of fun as feral but not I'm hearing that boomkin is the way to go? Did feral get nerfed?

Here's a list of changes from the 5.2 notes which had an effect on Feral:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Druid
    • Cyclone now has a 20-second cooldown for Feral Druids.
    • Symbiosis
      • Dispersion now has a 3-minute cooldown for Druids (was 2 minutes).
      • Shattering Blow now has a 1.5-second cast time to align correctly with the Warrior version of this ability.
    • Displacer Beast has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl.
    • Maim had its damage increased by 100%.
    • Tooth and Claw now scales 10% more efficiently.
    • Mass Entanglement now has a 30-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
    • Typhoon now has a 30-second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
    • Nature's Vigil now has a 90-second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).

The main points being: 10% less burst from NV, 20s CD on Cyclone and no stealth on displacer anymore. Ferals were strong last season because of comps like Warrior/Feral & Spriest/Feral - but since Warriors have been nerfed and Rogues have been buffed (takes the place of feral in melee/spriest/healer) they aren't as popular anymore.

Comps like Junglecleave, FMP and FPS do still work, they just all do better with a Rogue instead.

Snuggli make a good point.

I play feral in pvp, it can be difficult at times to go up against other classes that wear me down. Some do a ridiculous amount of burst damage. Though, i have fun playing feral. i have survival abilities that i can use to save myself. Only issue I'm having right now is it takes me a bit to "wind up" to attack:

- i have to wait for a macro CD to come up to actually hit hard
    - I have to make sure SR is up to have increased damage
    - takes me a bit through my rotation to get to rip (which is supposed to be our strong finish), only to have the ticks to be not as strong (which i thinks sucks atm)

With all this aside, if you know how to play feral in pvp, its really not that bad. You have to decide what you want to do. Resto and balance are great right now and Guardians make good FC.