Blizzcon tickets - possible ?

Today I tried to buy Blizzcon ticket. That was something incredible.
    I spammed f5 like mad, and right exactly in 6 AM (my local time) when the button "Buy a ticket" appeared I hit it. EXACTLY this second when button appeared. ...and then I was 12'000th in queue... Thats impossible! How the hell 12000 people hit this button in this fraction of second before me? Of course I got nothing.
    I dont get - is there any sort of a trick? Is it even possible to buy this ticket?

Deleted
    Of course it is possbile to buy them. Otherwise no one would ever get one D:

And 12000 people is pretty low amount imho. See wow for example. There's 9-10mil playing at the same time (well not exaclty because of timezones). It's not a miracle that there's so many people pressing the button at the same time when they are probably doing the same thing as you; waiting for the right time.

Also, lag and everything else that has to do with sending and recieving packets.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going by realm time, there's a 2 minutes difference for me at least.. just check it out. Also, 175$ is a huge amount btw. Not to mention that a percentage of the buyers won't ever attend that event, they're just gonna sell whatever code they get for some vanity item.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    they're just gonna sell whatever code they get for some vanity item.
    That's just the pet and you get that with the digital tickets as well, so you won't get much for that. The rest of the bag is pretty worthless, too. I still have the Deathwing statuette from 2010 and it sells for near nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's just the pet and you get that with the digital tickets as well, so you won't get much for that. The rest of the bag is pretty worthless, too. I still have the Deathwing statuette from 2010 and it sells for near nothing.
    I mean in-game stuff, not real life ones. Also, the older the Blizzcon, the more it can sell for.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Got down to 1500 on my que so damn CLOSE!