Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Starting all over again! Please help

I quit in Cataclysm and I am looking for some good websites that have awesome guides.

I used to have a list of sites like Elitist jerks and Warcraft Hunters Union, but I'm sure a few more good ones have popped up.

What's the "best" race to play for end game raiding?

http://www.noxxic.com/wow Great for every aspect of setting your toon up
    http://www.wowhead.com/ look up anything Wow
    https://theunderminejournal.com/ follow your auctions
    http://www.tankspot.com/ Great video info
    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/legendary-show-page/ AMAZING show where they discuss all things wow. Very informative.

Alliance: Worgen

Horde: Orc

I like Night Elf for hunter..They are almost unkillable in PVE with Feign Death and Shadowmeld..If You die then You either were distracted or drunk.

Deleted
    http://www.icy-veins.com/classes-wow is what I would recommend. Everything you need is right there, for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow Great for every aspect of setting your toon up
    *Cringe*

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Alliance: Worgen

Horde: Orc
    I'm pretty sure pandaren are better than worgen for alliance. Also I'd say troll is better for SV and orc is better for BM. Since for SV they are about even then on top of that you get the 5% damage buff to beasts and have berserking for aoe which is what SV is good at.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Thanks, my lvl 85 is already an orc. I will stick with that. I HATED BM in Firelands...

I am seriously intimidated by MoP, I can't wait to start playing!

Ok, so what are some popular or necessary addons?

Are people still using femaledwarf?

as for addons, DBM is key, bartender if you dont like the vanilla UI

I would also not recommend Noxxic, maybe for really basic things but Id go with Icy veins..

and BM is strong right now, but I prefer Surv

Id also like to add... you being an Orc is great for BM, spec into powershot when you hit 90
    Last edited by Tripz; 2013-04-27 at 04:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

dont spec powershot for pve. glaive toss for single target, barrage for aoe.

elvui - is very common. highly customizable, great for bars, raid frames etc
    jshb - works well for a focus bar
    Prefer Big wigs myself vs DBM
    Tell me when - for trinket procs etc
    Need to know - for dots
    gtfo - to get out of shit
    Weak auras - The new power auras (r.i.p)

Not all mandatory. All listed are just personal preference that better my performance

Femaledwarf is still highly used and valuable
    Last edited by Delthunter; 2013-04-27 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthunter View Post

Need to know - for dots

The amount of mods that can be eliminated by just simply paying attention is pretty.. well, I don't think I need to say any more than that.

No wonder this game is being dumbed down constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    The amount of mods that can be eliminated by just simply paying attention is pretty.. well, I don't think I need to say any more than that.

Part of being a good player is accepting your limitations as a human being and utilizing all you can to improve your play.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    funny, i was cringing at icy veins :P
    Nah man, Icy veins fixed their stuff up (for hunters at least). I'd say the guide is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthunter View Post

Need to know - for dots

Not all mandatory. All listed are just personal preference that better my performance

If you are using weakauras you don't need gtfo, need to know, tell me when or jshb. It will do all of those things and cost you no extra resources.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by winterfox72 View Post
    I like Night Elf for hunter..They are almost unkillable in PVE with Feign Death and Shadowmeld..If You die then You either were distracted or drunk.
    he said end game raiding.. not questing.. Stick with orc

Icy veins is decent.. noxxic isn't always reliable, as they copy/paste everything from the default simcraft profiles (which aren't always accurate).. But any questions you have tho feel free to ask here... these forums are a great source for hunter info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post

lol.. refer to kenny's post.. I guess if literally all (not most, ALL) of the top players in the world use those addons they are probably all scrubs compared to you.. makes sense. @OP, the ones delthunter listed are spot on.. those addons will let you do everything you need to do to maximize your game play.. Weak Auras is really powerful for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm pretty sure pandaren are better than worgen for alliance. Also I'd say troll is better for SV and orc is better for BM. Since for SV they are about even then on top of that you get the 5% damage buff to beasts and have berserking for aoe which is what SV is good at.
    Only for this tier Troll might be better for a few bosses(Horridon, Tortos, Magaera(Is it a beast or dragon?), Ji-Kun), for everything else Orc is better.

I FD'd my char and Troll was around 760 DPS decrease(even with adjusting to 6.5% Exp which trolls need only).

Also, for other people, do not confuse Berserking Attack/Cast speed bonus to Haste, Only Haste procs increase RPPM proc rate, not Attack/Cast speed bonuses.

For Alliance though, Panda is the best:
    Pandaren with 275 food: 140593.36
    Worgen with 275 food: 140174.76 -418.6 (-0.3%)

Edit: forgot to mention, it should be very hard to get the perfect gear to actually benefit from Troll Expertise racial this tier, every piece of loot even on normal is filled with hit/exp and heroic/Heroic TF should be even worse due to increased stats.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-04-27 at 12:00 PM.

Berserking gives haste thus increasing the frequeny of real ppm effects, might want to double check your info. I said for bm orc is better (which is what you simmed as), for SV troll is better.

Berserking gives haste thus increasing the frequeny of real ppm effects, might want to double check your info. I said for bm orc is better (which is what you simmed as), for SV troll is better.
    I was fairly sure it was AS/CS bonus and not haste. Also I did change my race in FD to Troll, so it was using Berserking with 6.5% Exp from gear and still was 760 DPS decrease for SV.

It gives haste, there's no question about that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 06:23 PM ----------

It appears that something is weird with racials in femaledwarf. I'm getting a 935.13 loss going to orc from troll (yes, I'm accounting for the loss of expertise). Must have something to do with gear. It's weird how you're getting orc higher and I'm getting troll higher.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-04-27 at 06:28 PM.

It gives haste, there's no question about that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 06:23 PM ----------

It appears that something is weird with racials in femaledwarf. I'm getting a 935.13 loss going to orc from troll (yes, I'm accounting for the loss of expertise). Must have something to do with gear. It's weird how you're getting orc higher and I'm getting troll higher.
    I'm closer to hit/exp caps, I'm 9 rating to hit cap(because otherwise I'd waste like 150 stats) and 8 over exp cap and you are 2 over hit cap and 104 over exp cap.

My combat stats:
    9758 Crit
    4059 Haste
    3812 Mastery

Your combat stats:
    7691 Crit
    6947 Haste
    5226 Mastery

I have way higher Crit while you have higher Haste. Also I still lack Renataki(using HC Bottle), we saw Normal-TF drop on first week, that was the first and last Renataki we have seen on Normal, on our first HC kill, 2 dropped and I didn't win either, probably won't see Renataki for a few weeks now still >_>