Thread: Blacksmithing

Deleted

Blacksmithing

Is bs a useless profession to level? . I just level d up bs and do not know the kinks around it, what to sell to earn gold, having living steel problems also. Can someone please point me in a good direction that can help a beginner blacksmith-er find his place. I am a bs and a miner. Please tell me the important do and donts . Thanks

Deleted
    Crafted PvP gear and belt buckles . These are your best sellers.

You can also try some of the new reborn weapons , it depends on your realm ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also keep an eye on weapon chains. Twinks of various levels will buy certain types to the current living steel one.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Thanks for the information guys

You also get the benefit of adding sockets to gloves and wrist items to your own gear.

If you want cheap living steel, you really need to invest in a max lvl alchemist. They can do a daily trillium to living steel xmute.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    Crafted PvP gear and belt buckles . These are your best sellers.

You can also try some of the new reborn weapons , it depends on your realm ofc.
    Manage to sell the lionheart executioner reborn for a pretty good amount, so you can make a good amount of income. Believe i sold mine for 44k

Before they removed throwing weapons I made, not exaggerating, 5-10k per week off of ONE pattern.....

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29203

This item used to be a green, and when disenchanted gave 2-3 greater eternal essences, which were a road block to enchanting and sold for 20-25g each.

I still make a good profit off of level 70 raid pieces (near BiS for some 70 twinks), crafted PVP gear, buckles weapon chains, level 85 ilvl 415 weapons. The turnaround isn't huge on a medium population server, but it is profitable and I feel like my DK SHOULD be a blacksmith.

Any crafting profession can be very profitable, you just have to invest the time to learn the profession and how it can fit into your servers economy.

is blacksmithing the best for pvp because of the extra sockets??

Deleted
    I suppose selling the lionheart executioner will be good but im worries about having to buy all those living steels for the lionhearts 1, 2 and 3 blah , so much gold. do the 1st and second upgrades also sell for a decent value?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sold lionheart executioner for 57k. PvP sells good as well

Useless? Far from useless.

- Belt Buckles
    - Weapon Chains
    - pvp starter gear
    - the Reborn weapons

Not to mention the profession "stat" perk, the extra sockets for bracer and gloves. The only perk that scales (unless other professions get buffed by Blizz like they did in Wrath when epic gems came out).

Definitely want an alchemist (be it an alt or a good friend) for living steel transmutes, though.

Where do you get all the new crafted patterns and how does the new Thunderforge work?

Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    Is bs a useless profession to level? . I just level d up bs and do not know the kinks around it, what to sell to earn gold, having living steel problems also. Can someone please point me in a good direction that can help a beginner blacksmith-er find his place. I am a bs and a miner. Please tell me the important do and donts . Thanks
    Blacksmithing isn't a useless profession by any means. However, I often keep telling crafters and potential crafters, that such professions are only beneficial if your realm is active in PVE and PVP.

Besides Tailoring the other crafting professions don't really have repeat customers. JC, Enchanting and Alchemy fall under what I call consumable professions. There is always a need for them since folk often go through gear pretty quickly. So people want to have their gear gemmed and enchanted.

LW and BS don't often have that going for them. BS is often small production and large returns but its take time. The turnover overall is really low.

Since most patterns are often dropped in Raids, it helps if you are an active raider. I wouldn't say its a terrible profession, but it does require time and luck at most times. Also it depends very much on the realm you are on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blacksmiths can open lockboxes. It's not huge, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediberry View Post
    Where do you get all the new crafted patterns and how does the new Thunderforge work?
    Your Blacksmith must have a minimum skill of 550 (might be wrong) to star the quest provided from Strange Metal Ingot, which drops off Itoka on the Isle of Thunder. Upon completing the quest you will learn how to craft Lightning Steel Ingot and all 463 Reborn patterns. To learn the crafted armor patterns you must do your Lightning Steel Ingot daily cooldown. The 476 Reborn patterns require making the 463 weapon, then the 502 requires making the 476.

Deleted
    You dont have to think in the 458 crafted set as PVP starter set: its a starter set.Period.Same PVE Stats that justice point gear and the most obvious,fast and cheap way to get into LFR msv with 2-3 other pieces when people hit 90.

Im pretty sure most of my sales are for pve players.

About lightning steel the net profit (sold 2 502 so far) for me is 950g the ingot.Miles ahead of the current value of sha crystal-living steel-imperial silk coldowns.

Are you gonna get rich with BS...? I dont think so but its an interesting proffitable market if you wanna make some money.