Switching between realtime and delay on same stream

So I want to be able to put my stream on a 10min delay and also be able to switch to real time without resetting the stream in xsplit. Is there something I can stream into that can put a delay on the video I capture so I can switch scenes between real time and delay in different scenes? Thanks

No you cannot, that would be close to time traveling.

Deleted
    Nop, resetting is the only way i believe

Deleted
    Just speculating, but how about running two versions of Xsplit, say by installing them into different places. One instance with the delay server and one without but both with the same stream settings.

Then put a different keyboard shortcut to toggle the streams on/off for each Xsplit instance.

If that works, you could even do a script that could automatically disable one instance when you switch to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Just speculating, but how about running two versions of Xsplit, say by installing them into different places. One instance with the delay server and one without but both with the same stream settings.

Then put a different keyboard shortcut to toggle the streams on/off for each Xsplit instance.

If that works, you could even do a script that could automatically disable one instance when you switch to the other.
    Sadly I don't think that would work because as soon as you toggled off the xsplit instance with the delay it would lose 10 minutes of video.
    There must be a program somewhere that can put a delay on video. If I can delay the video I capture then all I need to do is set it up as a camera in xsplit for scene switching.

Quote Originally Posted by djcoin View Post
    Sadly I don't think that would work because as soon as you toggled off the xsplit instance with the delay it would lose 10 minutes of video.
    There must be a program somewhere that can put a delay on video. If I can delay the video I capture then all I need to do is set it up as a camera in xsplit for scene switching.
    It will not work bro...

Scenario(Present time: 6:30):
    You have now decided to turn off delay, stream is still running at 6:20 time, now warps to 6:30, skipping 10 minutes of footage, but for the stream viewer it's instant. If you want to put the delay back on, your stream would be black for 10 minutes, you can't just magically make it go back in to 10 min delay in 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It will not work bro...

You have now decided to turn off delay, stream is still running at 6:20 time, now warps to 6:30, skipping 10 minutes of footage, but for the stream viewer it's instant. If you want to put the delay back on, your stream would be black for 10 minutes, you can't just magically make it go back in to 10 min delay in 1 second.
    I don't think you understand what xsplit does. You can set different scenes which you can switch between. For instance you could have 3 different cameras, a movie and a livestream to switch between just by hitting hotkeys. If I switched between delay and real time there wouldn't be any black downtime because I would simply be switching between 2 continuously running video streams. The only issue is getting one of those video streams to be 10mins behind.
    Just for clarification, when I begin live streaming I would be multistreaming two captured images, one being my gameplay in real time and the other would be the same image but it would be running through something that hinders it by 10 minutes.
    Last edited by djcoin; 2013-04-28 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It will not work bro...

Think of it as simply two completely different sources. As far as either the streaming service destination or even the streaming software is concerned, it is just switching between those two sources.

So, the trick is to have one source be the live video and the other source be a delayed capture of the live video. You then tell the streaming software, xsplit, that you have two different sources and you switch between as you want.

Thus, the time differences are completely irrelevant. It could be 10s or 24 hours, it is just another video feed.

Unfortunately, I do know of any "Delay Server" in video capture software. It would not be especially difficult to write as an independent application or script since it is just the simple manipulation of an existing feed. You could probably even hack it with frameserver software like Virtualdub or avisynth just by introducing a delay. As long as the output could be configured as DirectShow output, then streaming software like xsplit would be able to select it.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-28 at 01:36 AM.

Unfortunately I don't know how to write code