[Movies] Movie suggestions!

Hello. My 1st post on this forum. I have been in quite a drought lately as far as movies go. Sure I will find a good one here and there. But I am looking to watch like a good trilogy! And not really a trilogy such as like Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings. As I've seen them many many times. I am tempted to try to watch every James Bond movie but they do not all tie together at all. Another I have seen that you can add to the watched list would be the Bourne movies. I am tempted to try to watch the Alien and Predator movies possibly. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    Hello. My 1st post on this forum. I have been in quite a drought lately as far as movies go. Sure I will find a good one here and there. But I am looking to watch like a good trilogy! And not really a trilogy such as like Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings. As I've seen them many many times. I am tempted to try to watch every James Bond movie but they do not all tie together at all. Another I have seen that you can add to the watched list would be the Bourne movies. I am tempted to try to watch the Alien and Predator movies possibly. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
    Sounds to me that you are looking for a series with a continuing story, I'd recommend visiting the TV series thread instead, or even google top TV mini-series. In regards to movie sequels, 99% of the time they are huge disappointments with a select few exceptions like The Godfather II.

Best Trilogy of all Time: Back to the Future

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're interested in foreign film, I can suggest a Korean trilogy that I like very much. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. Oldboy is my hands down favourite movie of all time and the other 2 movies are very good as well. Just a side note, it's not like your typical trilogy where it's a story that progresses. The movies aren't related in any other way other than the fact that they are stories about revenge and (heueheuh) vengeance. Don't be put off by this though, they are all amazing movies. I can't guarantee that you will like them obviously but give them a shot. I'd suggest watching Oldboy first as it doesn't really matter what order you view them in. The main character is just fucking awesome and there is some incredible action scenes.

If you want to entertain yourself and looking for a good movie then try the croods..

10+ Year Old Account
    Film series I've enjoyed are:
    The Godfather
    Indiana Jones
    Bad Boys 1 and 2
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Night Watch and its sequel Day Watch
    Star Wars episodes 4 through 6
    Nolan's Batman
    Die Hard

Deleted
    Assuming you have seen all the modern sci-fi, fantasy and action trilogies...

Crime: Millenium trilogy (includes awesome original The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Infernal Affairs trilogy
    Revenge: Vengeance trilogy (includes famous Oldboy)
    Westerns: the Dollars trilogy (classic films A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
    Modern Gunslinger: Mariarchi Trilogy
    Horror: Hannibal Lector trilogy and Trilogy of the Dead
    Drama: Godfather trilogy.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-29 at 11:15 PM.

Alien Trilogy
    Men in Black trilogy
    Predator Trilogy
    Blade Trilogy

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?