Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i am sitting at 602 bones ever since 5.2 hit, i just haven't had the time nor the stomach to go grind any more :c not that the small direhorns and the small devilsaur or the skyscreamers are any hard, even with luck i can go toe to toe with the big direhorns. I once tried to solo one of the big devilsaurs, that mistake only happened once.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Just pull big raptors to raids waiting for Oondasta after server reset, they have to kill it for you or die due to their aoe.
    We just let them die when we see them coming. Then we laugh.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

im low on bones need some more

Infracted
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-05-15 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    imo, just do a few hundred when you get bored. youll get their eventually, thats my plan so far atleast
    This. Generally I queue up for random dungeons and as I wait for them, I head up to the isle and start zapping direhorns. If you're unfortunate enough to have to suffer through LFR dps queues, it can help to pass the time although you may be there a while. I don't go more than 30 mins at a time farming the bones...well, other than the time I joined 2-3 other guildies and we farmed the devilsaurs (mainly for the eggs).

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats, especially since you are alliance. That's one of the few raptor mounts available to alliance unless I'm mistaken. I play horde side so I didn't think any of those mounts where worth the effort at all, they are just re-colored version of the Venomhide Ravasaur. I would have farmed like crazy if you could get a Devilsaur mount even if it didn't have armor, but alas I shall have to continue waiting for the day that I can ride a T-Rex.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

If you're low on lesser charms, I suggest waiting for 5.3 next week. All the 90+ dinos will drop lesser charms, providing a bit more meat for your grind.

I should get started on that at some point..
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm around 2000+ and have stopped since I got all the egg colors. My RNG with that has been nice.

Probably will go back out around 5.3 and try with the lesser charm change.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the option of starting this grind on either my druid (Guardian spec) or my hunter. Both are skinners, which is the main reason I figured one of them would be a better choice over my other toons. Neither has particularly amazing gear yet, but it doesn't really take too long to get up to 480/490 ilevel, which I assume is a respectable starting point for solo killing on the island? A couple of weeks in LFR should get me set.

Any suggestions for which character would have the faster/easier time of it?

(I have pretty much zero experience on this zone so far, only visited twice on my warrior main to do an Oondasta raid. No feel for how tough the dinosaurs are, or how clustered the patrol areas are, etc etc).
    Last edited by Triptych; 2013-05-20 at 01:12 AM. Reason: edit for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    I have the option of starting this grind on either my druid (Guardian spec) or my hunter. Both are skinners, which is the main reason I figured one of them would be a better choice over my other toons. Neither has particularly amazing gear yet, but it doesn't really take too long to get up to 480/490 ilevel, which I assume is a respectable starting point for solo killing on the island? A couple of weeks in LFR should get me set.

hunter would probably be better, tank is more gear dependant, in the way that if you have better survival and self heals you can simply pull more, get more vengeance and aoe them down fast, if you lack gear you won't be able to pull loads, won't get the high survival and vengeance needed to kill quickly. A well geared tank would most likely be able to pull 1-2 big ones, and the 3 small ones at once giving a tasty amount of vengeance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hunter would probably be better, tank is more gear dependant, in the way that if you have better survival and self heals you can simply pull more, get more vengeance and aoe them down fast, if you lack gear you won't be able to pull loads, won't get the high survival and vengeance needed to kill quickly. A well geared tank would most likely be able to pull 1-2 big ones, and the 3 small ones at once giving a tasty amount of vengeance.
    Thanks for the tips Socialhealer, I was thinking along the same lines, just based on my experience with the Isle of Thunder dailies as a bear. I'm never in any danger of dying to those 'elite' quest NPCs like Metal-Lord Monohan, but it takes forever to kill them. Especially questing late at night on my quiet server, without nearby players to lend a hand.

And I noticed some of the dinosaurs have got some nasty AOE roars and shrieks (at least the ones I saw while waiting for Oondasta), which hunter pets can usually shrug off without batting an eyelid.

As druid you can get OK vengeance to kill things faster but a hunter should also be very, very good at soloing a lot of the mobs.

I'd assume pulling the Devilsaurs on a druid (armor debuff) is suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post

(I have pretty much zero experience on this zone so far, only visited twice on my warrior main to do an Oondasta raid. No feel for how tough the dinosaurs are, or how clustered the patrol areas are, etc etc).
    If you have friends, especially a healer, take your druid and mow down 3-4 mobs at a time. Can't say for sure 480-490 ilvl would work for that...I have a friend who is a 510 ilvl prot paladin and his healing + mine (as ele shaman, mostly just totem) is enough to allow us to kill 3-4 baby devilsaurs at a time.

If you are going to be soloing this for the most part, take your hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    Just coming up to 3000 bones atm by soloing the direhorn hatchlings. Got 2 eggs both of which dropped black mounts.
    I've had basically the same luck. Sitting at 3k and have gotten 2 eggs hatched with both being Red mounts. Have a third one in my bags cracking tomorrow.

For anyone else farming these the Direhorn Hatchlings now drop the Direhorn Runt battle pet, just got one.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Grats, don't really care for the mounts colors but none the less it's an impressive feat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I do that too . But i kite the big dinos. I am evil .
    At least they are not bored.
    Well imagine this - they are trying to summon their ppl and they cant cause you force them into combat. Or they want to use the banquet and they cant, cause again, some 'I want it and I dont care about others' guys brought them another dino...

OT: Grats, really impressive patience Im farming them with my fiancee, so its a bit faster, bit still really boring :/

has anyone actually gotten the egg from the small direhorns?
    Yes, got one from big direhorn and my fiancee got his egg from next small direhorn hatching
    Good luck with farming!!!
    Last edited by mmocf60bbd89ed; 2013-05-23 at 10:30 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Anyhow, I got around 1500 bones or so, but I'm curious, has anyone actually gotten the egg from the small direhorns? I haven't seen one drop yet, not for me or my friend. Would be cool and at least feel sorta comforting to get an egg.
    I have got 2 from them and am @ 1500 bones. Hope this helps.

gz, i myself got 3k and stopped farm... got eggs at least.

At about 3500 bones now, I'm getting the eggs every 500 bones or so. Got another last night....if it's another Red Primal Raptor I may hurt someone. So far I'm 3 for 3 on Red Primal Raptor's....getting a little ridiculous.