Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I've been depressed to an extent, but never the kind of lengthy suicide considering depression that gets mentioned. I try to stay away from things that tend to get people addicted and destabilized when they get off them, like living on caffeine (ruining your sleep schedule and hiking up stress levels) or anti-depression medication (since it sounds like people just wind up more depressed when they stop taking it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    How?! You can't be diagnosed with autism from birth. I understand that some quack might have done so and it may have turned out to be true but there is not way to test an infant for autism. How can you test a disorder that effects social ability when you can't speak nor see 12 inches in front of you :/
    Seemingly I was strange enough, don't know the exact details but as far as the reports are true, it was at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    ...or anti-depression medication (since it sounds like people just wind up more depressed when they stop taking it).
    While it's true that most modern anti-depressants of today will do that to you, the effects can (and should) be lessened by slowly lowering the dosage, rather than quitting cold turkey. It also works in reverse, the first few weeks on anti-depressants will make you feel more shit, but it will pass.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    While it's true that most modern anti-depressants of today will do that to you, the effects can (and should) be lessened by slowly lowering the dosage, rather than quitting cold turkey. It also works in reverse, the first few weeks on anti-depressants will make you feel more shit, but it will pass.
    Agreed, you should never quit cold turkey with something like anti-deprv meds and the meds of today are far better with less side-effects then ever before.
    Ofcourse it's still "playing with fire" in my opinion, but the social stigma it has does not fit with modern meds.

The med I have builds up to a mirror, you take the meds to refill this mirror line.
    If you would've never taken it before, it takes a while until you've reached the target line, same with quitting the meds.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-04-30 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad. He wanted to kill himself, after his wife (my mom, duh) broke up with him after 30 years. Now he's got a fiancee, and been with her for 2 years. My mom also got an Fiancee, for 2 years. And they both live happily, and are pretty good friends. =)