Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    LFR should give no loot. It's to see the content, remember?
    Amen. The real intent in LFR is to let casuals see the content, but people think it's a Free Epic Loot feast.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    I think if the OP read again what they typed while in a calmer state they'd feel rather foolish

Think of the implications of what you're asking for - "The more times you wipe the better your chance at getting loot is"
    I don't even agree with this, at all. Now, I realize that LFR can be really frustrating (it was awful at first when I stopped raiding 25 man and switched to LFR), but over time I've learned to go with the flow, which is all you're supposed to do. If you don't let yourself get so pissed off and frustrated, it's no longer a problem. Is your group wiping excessively? Drop and do something else. Clear your mind. When you're getting this stressed out, it's no longer fun or a game, and it's time to take a break.

You shouldn't be entitled to loot because your group wipes 10 times (which would encourage people to purposely wipe the group to increase their chances) any more than you should get loot because it's a hard boss.

Took our group last week 9 tries before we got him! And I got gold, no purples, and it was awesome, because I had so much fun, the group was lovely, we were all trying to work together, (we had a few new peeps in and out over the attempts) so it took us time to explain tacts for those new ones, but we got him down and everyone cheered.

This week it took 4 attempts, same deal folks were great. I still got gold, but it felt great to beat something and not just give up like so many do.

I haven't been so lucky this raid with drops, but it's not stopping me from having fun and doing the raids every week when I get the time. Am loving the challenge

It should always be up to luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, if you want loot that isn't total RNG, join a guild instead of focusing on weak man’s LFR.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Seriously, if you want loot that isn't total RNG, join a guild instead of focusing on weak man’s LFR.
    Then he downed the boss but only 2 pieces of loot dropped, he will be back here in no time and demand 10/25 pieces drop at every boss kill so every raider get loot every kill, afterall clearing normal/heroic takes even more time/wipes than LFR, so surely it should guarantee loot even more, right?

Speaking as someone who uses LFR exclusively....no.

Even in normal raids RNG is RNG; you aren't always guaranteed to get something. It comes with raiding.

Funny part is while I disagree with guaranteed loot, blizz disagrees with all of the people saying RNG is RNG if you have bothered to read the next patches notes. Coins and LFR bosses will get a higher and higher % for each failure until you receive loot. I think this should be enough to calm the people that hit bad luck streaks, and drive raiders crazy as they will hope their first few coins fail so that they line up a bigger % on the boss they really want.

On a side note: Lei Shen is a bit overtuned for LFR. Intermissions should just activate all but the one with the highest energy. This would give intelligent groups that do the bouncing bolt or diffusion chain ones first a bit of a breather against someone derping it up.
    Last edited by matthias9742; 2013-04-29 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's changes to Bonus roll is to take out streak of unlucky rolls, while RNG is RNG, there are people that has not even won anything yet since week 1, and even in Normal/HC raiding, 7 weeks of no loot is kind of rare.

And Blizzard is getting the idea that, if people never get anything from the bonus roll, then their amazing dailies are pointless. So Blizzard increase the chance for Bonus roll everytime you didn't win anything, and the chance of getting loot will increase until you receive a piece of loot via your Bonus roll, then it resets.

So Blizzard did not disagree RNG is RNG, you can still go without winning loot for weeks, it is just there to stop the really unfortunate ones that doesn't get anything in weeks.

OP wanted loot for everyone at every Lei Shen kill, I see Blizzard is still disagreeing to that. Why? RNG is RNG.

If he always gave loot then the loot he gives you will quickly become worthless. 10 weeks of getting the same piece of gear! Hooray! As an added twist if the loot he did give you vendored for less than 30g then people would complain about not getting bags of gold instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'd rather 5 stacks just be given to everyone

I can agree that this boss is time consuming and I'm just glad that I got my weapon on the 2nd lockout. If I had to do this boss anymore I think that I'd intentionally die on this boss every time just so that I could play my PSP or Xbox instead.

Deleted
    If you want loot you're in the wrong raid format. That's what normal mode is for. Find a casual guild that raids on weekends if you haven't got time during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Speaking as someone who uses LFR exclusively....no.

Even in normal raids RNG is RNG; you aren't always guaranteed to get something. It comes with raiding.
    but you ARE guarnteed to see what drops but ill leave that for another topic

back to this 1 last week 7 wipes per toon and i do lfr on 3 toons weekly, what i do sujest tho is thta if you get subsiquenbt lie shen lfrs like ive been hearing about on the blizz fourms you should get your normal roll for that boss back as an insentive for people to clear him again and remove an "£in progress" grp from the system

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I've just killed Lei Shen in LFR after 7 WIPES and guess what I've got after all this time I've wasted - a bag with 30g. It's great that Blizzard made this fight pretty hard in LFR but after wasting so much time I think I deserve something more than 30g. Lei Shen should always give loot or at least Blizzard should make those fricking bags more valuable - they should contain some usefull items or just give more gold.
    Stop asking for more gear. For the love of god we can get up to an unprecedented 2 rolls per boss now and it still isn't enough for you people. You don't always get loot from raids. Welcome to raiding. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Would love to. Have yet to find a guild that actually downs bosses that doesn't already have half their damn raid group as hunters (on a high-pop realm no less).

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Bags should always have a flask or potion of some kind, not a chance.
    since that came out i've gotten absolutely nothing from any of the bags, oondasta gave me a primal egg from his but that's it :/
    Do you seriously think the people who whine about getting free gold are going to accept a flask or a potion or some other cheap item? Really? I have seen more than a few people in these forums claim to destroy bags without even opening them because it isn't loot. Get real.

And this is why LFR is detrimental to the raiding community.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 01:42 AM ----------

Sounds like you're just looking at cesspool guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Do you seriously think the people who whine about getting free gold are going to accept a flask or a potion or some other cheap item? Really?

getting gold form killing a lfr boss existed in ds so there's no change there id like to see more in the bag than just gold

only things ive won is a spirit of harmory or a blood spirit, a flask or some pots or even some herbs would be nice
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-04-29 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspid07 View Post
    heroic raids are geared towards people who raid nothing harder, so why give them loot? they can already clear content without it...

the point is, people raid to get better gear, you cannot simply dismiss it and tell people to suck it up...
    When Blizzard gives us a raid grindable rep (and you can get said rep in LFR without doing normal/heroic modes) that allows you to spend your valor you are getting anyway for pieces of 522 gear (LFR gear is 502) then yes I'm sorry but we most certainly can tell people to suck it up and feel completely justified in doing so. If you are relying solely on LFR drops you are doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I've just killed Lei Shen in LFR after 7 WIPES and guess what I've got after all this time I've wasted - a bag with 30g. It's great that Blizzard made this fight pretty hard in LFR but after wasting so much time I think I deserve something more than 30g. Lei Shen should always give loot or at least Blizzard should make those fricking bags more valuable - they should contain some usefull items or just give more gold.
    And what about the progression guilds who raided and wiped 14+ hours a day, to clear in normal and then heroic? If we use your logic, they should all get legendaries from the next expansion.

RNG is RNG. No amount of wipes entitles you to guaranteed gear, sorry.