Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    lei shen is a cunt of a boss though.. so much shit can go wrong in the fight.. ive had only 2 wipes before we beat the encounter in lfr mode but.. i can imagine 7 with each being like 10 mins long.. plus the 8th pull.. spending 2 hours on a boss for nothing isnt every fun.. id say determination stacks should give a % of higher loot chance as well.. although a very small amount like 1% each. so 10% better overall.
    yup thats what people want in raid chat random guy: FUCK SAKE WIPE IT ALREADY WE NEED TO GET TO 10 STACKS FOR MORE LOOT, OMFG ARE YOU RETARDED WIPE IT FOR FUCK SAKE.

will bet 500k gold that'd happen day 1 if such a change went live.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I think you're missing my point. My point is, is that content in and of itself should be compelling enough for you to want to do it. If it's only worth doing once, then it's only worth doing once. But, ALSO, like I said, this is an MMO, so they just have to use shallow gimmicks to keep you going through content you'd otherwise not want to repeat. There really isn't a way to not do that, and have it so that they earn constant revenue, I'd suppose.
    There's two ways I can think of. First is what they're doing now, which is using RNG + gating. All things considered, it's proven quite effective for them over the years.

The second is the old school method, to just make most things so time consuming to get that you wind up playing a lot anyhow. This actually works quite well if there's a lot of other stuff going on to distract you from the grind going on. Really fun mechanics are pretty paramount. Tight knit and fairly... dramatic.. community helps quite a bit. Risk of loss / mistakes / consequences also help... when even day to day functioning in the game requires a bit of focus, you simply forget about big goals and how long they may take. But the sort of gamer this appeals to is admittedly, not seen all that often. Neither is this sort of game

I've got a better idea. Remove LFR and remove x-realm shit completely. And let ppl merge to create healthier communities. Problem solved.

Lei Shen has been nerfed.

April 30

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    Throne of Thunder
    Lei Shen
    Lei Shen's hitpoints have been reduced by 10% on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Static Shock from the North Conduit now deals 300,000 damage at 0 energy, down from 650,000 on Raid Finder difficulty.
    If this nerf isn't enough I give up on the quality of LFR players.

dam got beeten too it but uyeh imo that should be enough

10+ Year Old Account
    if the grp wipe's on the thrash before him i leave, if they kill it with ease i stay, and loo.. killed lei shen no wipe's

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    because you need communication in a raid, even in LFR. all the realms in my battlegroup are US so people on them should understand english. if not those people need to go on a realm where they can communicate properly.
    Oh wow. No wonder so many people in the rest of the world hates the US. Travel much outside the USA? Try taking that attitude next time you travel to a foreign country where English is not the main language. Try communicating in their language on their soil the moment you enter their country.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Oh wow. No wonder so many people in the rest of the world hates the US. Travel much outside the USA? Try taking that attitude next time you travel to a foreign country where English is not the main language. Try communicating in their language on their soil the moment you enter their country.
    To be fair, the main spoken language in NA is English. If I went to European servers, I wouldn't expect everyone to know English.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    To be fair, the main spoken language in NA is English. If I went to European servers, I wouldn't expect everyone to know English.
    For pugs advertised in English you should expect people speaking english. That was one of main problems during Cataclysm on european servers. Most of the time when I got a dude from italian server he couldn't understand me. Now you try to tell him when to interrupt....
    That's why LFD and LFG need to be super easy. They expect people to beat content even without communicating...

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    For pugs advertised in English you should expect people speaking english. That was one of main problems during Cataclysm on european servers. Most of the time when I got a dude from italian server he couldn't understand me. Now you try to tell him when to interrupt....
    That's why LFD and LFG need to be super easy. They expect people to beat content even without communicating...
    Not really. You CAN communicate most of the time. I'm not sure why some servers in the US realm have a large large large non-english speaking population.

No, i don't like the idea of loot guarantee. We are lucky we get bags of gold and even luckier that those bags have the opportunity to contain other things. The feeling of entitlement in this game/country/world is absurd.

Deleted
    It isn't about not understanding mechanics. It's about people refusing to do them. If your group was supposed to be on green and you see a guy running around like a headless chicken or standing on blue he is clearly not caring about boss getting down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add the FFXI Autotranslate function! Ha, wouldn't that be a fucking riot.

(Fun) (Do you need it?)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Add the FFXI Autotranslate function! Ha, wouldn't that be a fucking riot.

(Fun) (Do you need it?)
    Hm, maybe a small window with google translator :P

It isn't about not understanding mechanics. It's about people refusing to do them. If your group was supposed to be on green and you see a guy running around like a headless chicken or standing on blue he is clearly not caring about boss getting down.
    Bads will be bads, kk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Bags should always have a flask or potion of some kind, not a chance.
    Maybe not -always-, but I agree that the "extra goodies" that have a chance of showing up in bags should be significantly increased.

If the intent of adding extras to failbags was to somewhat lessen the disappointment, they've accomplished exactly the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    Maybe not -always-, but I agree that the "extra goodies" that have a chance of showing up in bags should be significantly increased.

If the intent of adding extras to failbags was to somewhat lessen the disappointment, they've accomplished exactly the opposite.
    Then how about not awarding anything. If you lose the roll, you get nothing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Bads will be bads, kk.
    I refuse to believe you can be so bad that you can't move to right spot in that phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If LFR was designed to get people geared up then I'd agree but no it was designed to see content. It still mainly is, it's partially to get gear now but LFR is targetted at people who raid nothing else. Therefore... getting gear for what? It can wait. You've got a whole tier to luck out.
    That has nothing to do with LFR actually. It's only the principle of the matter really.
    Bosses have loot tables, and never gave out gear to everyone in the raid group. LFR cannot be different from that. Yet it already is due to the individual loot roll system. Granted, that system can result in no one receiving gear drops. But it can also result in everyone getting gear, just to showcase both extremes.
    Save to say, all in all it levels out and the contribution of loot is equal.
    Now, sure someone can be on a very bad streak and not winning anything for weeks on end. In such case they'd probably be more lucky if they'd raid normal/heroic mode with loot master in place. But then, who says that would make em more lucky? That one item they need off the boss may just not drop for weeks either. And if it drops, there are other raiders who need it too...
    In either case one can end up with never getting that one piece for the length of the entire tiers validity.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I refuse to believe you can be so bad that you can't move to right spot in that phase.
    If you don't care to move, you're still a bad.