Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is anybody annoyed by the US administrations tactics regarding the sequester?

First the administration creates the sequester believing Republicans would back down rather than fight it.

Then they direct agencies to place the cuts in areas of their budget that would hurt people the most. This is confirmed by multiple leaked internal memos.

Then they lie to us about the origins of the sequester, and the fact that these various agencies are legally permitted to move funds around in their own internal budgets to avoid personnel cuts.

Now they are placing blame on our Congress to fix the problem they created in the first place.

How do you feel about this game they are playing with peoples lives?

..and lets not get into the facts of the matter, all of what you see above is proven. I'm curious about personal feelings about how your government (both parties) are toying with us at a time we need better from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    First the administration creates the sequester believing Republicans would back down rather than fight it.

Then they direct agencies to place the cuts in areas of their budget that would hurt people the most. This is confirmed by multiple leaked internal memos.

Then they lie to us about the origins of the sequester, and the fact that these various agencies are legally permitted to move funds around in their own internal budgets to avoid personnel cuts.

Now they are placing blame on our Congress to fix the problem they created in the first place.

..and lets not get into the facts of the matter, all of what you see above is proven. I'm curious about personal feelings about how your government (both parties) are toying with us at a time we need better from them.
    Obama didn't create the sequester himself, it was a bipartisan creation.

Next question.

Say what.

I'm more interested in how people feel about this revisionist version of history recent events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very upset by it. It solved nothing and hurt innocent workers in the process.

And it's personal for me. I have a degree in Air Traffic Management. Throughout my college career the Federal Aviation Administration has been on a hiring binge and the odds of me getting hired were really good.

Now because of the sequester, the FAA is no longer hiring, they are firing, closing towers and making aviation more dangerous because they can't afford to man the towers as they were able to do before. So now I'm stuck without a job that I worked hard to get.
    Putin khuliyo

and the GOP thinking the dems would fold for the same reason is different how?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Because of how gov't works (duties assigned to different branches) executive can not make laws. It is congress's job. So, it is congress's fault /end of discussion

"The sequester will have massive across the board spending cuts!"

Republicans: "Oh... no! "

"Oh yeah, it will also have tax increases."

Republicans:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm very upset by it. It solved nothing and hurt innocent workers in the process.

And it's personal for me. I have a degree in Air Traffic Management. Throughout my college career the Federal Aviation Administration has been on a hiring binge and the odds of me getting hired were really good.

Now because of the sequester, the FAA is no longer hiring, they are firing, closing towers and making aviation more dangerous because they can't afford to man the towers as they were able to do before. So now I'm stuck without a job that I worked hard to get.
    Wow that's terrible, sorry to hear your story and I'm sure a lot of others can tell the same. I wish these hadn't been so politically motivated to maintain the blame game which keeps them in power and considered the lives they're fkin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that's terrible, sorry to hear your story and I'm sure a lot of others can tell the same. I wish these hadn't been so politically motivated to maintain the blame game which keeps them in power and considered the lives they're fkin with.
    That's what pisses me off. These congresscritters aren't affected by their own bullshit. It's regular Americans who suffer because these assholes play their stupid "Game of Houses" with each other. And both sides are guilty of it, I may lean more towards Democrats but they play the game just as dirty as the Republicans.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Don't worry, Republicans want to privatize your industry so we can pay private firms 5-10 times more than we pay now for control towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am annoyed.

Not so much because of the cuts, but because it seems like the administration is purposefully imposing the cuts in a manner to create the greatest possible hardship.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    I am annoyed.

Not so much because of the cuts, but because it seems like the administration is purposefully imposing the cuts in a manner to create the greatest possible hardship.
    Repeal medicare, medicaid, and social security, amend the constitution to ban the federal income tax, then you will see the administration making it hard for more people, yet we will have so much prosperity no one will care. See you later grandma! I am riding the wave of prosperity, REAGAN PROSPERITY 2013!

The sequester was made by Congress, not the Administration, and there's plenty of blame to go around here. This wasn't "Republicans did it" or "Democrats did it". Both sides fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am annoyed.

Except they barely have any control over what gets cut, and where it gets cut from, outside a few instances.

I mean were coming up with fixes for the FAA to reduce the inconvenience of flying, all while completely ignoring the cuts that will effect the poor and elderly.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

The executive branch is trying to make it as painful as possible for political reasons. That said, this cut is nothing compared to what needs to be cut and that pales in comparison to what the cuts will be when we default and no longer can borrow to spend on all our fancy shit.

The Republicans may look like the bad guys here but I give them props for not only taking a stand on this insane spending but for doing it in a way that hurts their projects(such as military) as well as Democrat pet projects. Sadly all of these spending cuts will be meaningless when Obamacare takes full force. Lucky for the senate and congress they are working to make themselves and their aides except from Obamacare because they 'can't afford' the expense at their income levels.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The sequester was made by Congress, not the Administration, and there's plenty of blame to go around here. This wasn't "Republicans did it" or "Democrats did it". Both sides fucked up.
    Actually no, it was a compromise that was offered up by the executive branch to avoid default and get their new tax plan through last year. The idea was praised by both parties, because it was and is a good idea. If you can't figure out a compromise to dealing with the massive deficit and debt then automatic cuts needed to take place. The problem is not the sequester. The problem is how it is being directed in the most painful ways possible by the executive branch for political reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Except they barely have any control over what gets cut, and where it gets cut from, outside a few instances.

I mean were coming up with fixes for the FAA to reduce the inconvenience of flying, all while completely ignoring the cuts that will effect the poor and elderly.
    I am looking at each thing inside it's own little basket.

Why is the FAA struggling with this cut, when, post-cut, their budget is larger than it recently has been, even though there was more air traffic?

As far as cuts that will effect the poor and elderly... There is nothing stopping Congress from passing new legislation that establishes/preserves benefit levels. They could even go so far as to point to/establish taxes that specifically fund these initiatives. Further still, there are fifty different states that could increase their taxes to greater serve their citizens. Then, there are counties, cities, and towns that could do the same.

If that is the will of the people, it will happen somewhere, right? And if it shows benefit, it will be copied, right?

(For the record, I think the sequester, as it exists, is stupid. I also think the benefit structure and social safety net structure is stupid (as constructed), as well.)
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    Only annoyed by the way it all played out. If only we had just gone over the "fiscal cliff' then passed middle class tax cuts the next day, not the messed up patchwork shit we ended up getting.

And what happened to the "automatic, can't override these" cuts? The FAA furloughs employees for 2 days and congress springs to action? McCain is on the warpath now bitching about the defense cuts? What a joke

15+ Year Old Account
    I am looking at each thing inside it's own little basket.

Why is the FAA struggling with this cut, when, post-cut, their budget is larger than it recently has been, even though there was more air traffic?

As far as cuts that will effect the poor and elderly... There is nothing stopping Congress from passing new legislation that establishes/preserves benefit levels. They could even go so far as to point to/establish taxes that specifically fund these initiatives. Further still, there are fifty different states that could increase their taxes to greater serve their citizens. Then, there are counties, cities, and towns that could do the same.

If that is the will of the people, it will happen somewhere, right? And if it shows benefit, it will be copied, right?

(For the record, I think the sequester, as it exists, is stupid. I also think the benefit structure and social safety net structure is stupid (as constructed), as well.)
    I think we should just do what tea partiers want. I want to see the elderly and disabled push and drag themselves to Washington, DC. We should just repeal all laws and re-start, for liberty, or something Jesus said. Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I think we should just do what tea partiers want.
    You mean these guys?

Cause they seem confused as to what they want. Much like they are in favor of spending cuts, but can't tell you what they specifically would want cut.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You mean these guys?
    <snip>

Cause they seem confused as to what they want. Much like they are in favor of spending cuts, but can't tell you what they specifically would want cut.
    That *has* to be satire.