15+ Year Old Account

Brewmaster 4pc - save or use?

So with any luck, I SHOULD get my fourth tier pice this week (I'm an optimist, what can I say). One thing I've been wondering about it though:

If it procs while you're still on Low Stagger, should you use it immediately to clear what you have so you don't waste another potential proc? Or should you hold onto it until you would want to Purify normally, even if that could be for quite a few seconds?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    So with any luck, I SHOULD get my fourth tier pice this week (I'm an optimist, what can I say). One thing I've been wondering about it though:

If it procs while you're still on Low Stagger, should you use it immediately to clear what you have so you don't waste another potential proc? Or should you hold onto it until you would want to Purify normally, even if that could be for quite a few seconds?
    Considering that it's approximately 1 proc every 10 seconds that stagger is up, I think that you can afford to wait a couple of seconds, but if you don't have enough chi and know that a heavy hit is incoming, might be worth saving it a couple extra seconds more.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the proc pretty liberal unless I know an event that will require me to use PB is coming up or the current stagger damage is so low it would be a complete waste.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I don't have 4pc yet, but it's free so why not use it liberally? Worst case scenario you use an actual Chi on it, just like you always used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already use Purifying pretty liberally (as soon as I see it hit yellow usually) as it is so I'm just going to use it like normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It procs fairly often, quite often enough that they overlap. So I tend to use them very liberally. You don't want to mindlessly use it the moment it's up though, make sure that your stagger is 9s before you use it - i.e be sure to purify a fresh stagger, which is sort of basic brewmaster tip. If I know I'll get a big hit in a few seconds like Horridon, then I'll sit on it, so that I can Guard-Purify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also with the glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere the proc buff lasts 4 minutes so you can even come into a fight many times with the proc already loaded (at least the first pull after trash). Not really a big deal but I got a little laugh seeing the buff duration that high.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

IMO it depends on your gear specs. If you have a significant amount of haste and hve extra chi to use, then I would be pretty liberal with PB use. My plan when I get 4pc, however, will be to drop a ton of haste and rely on the proc for the majority of my PB's. Thus I will use them a bit more sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by tachycardias View Post
    IMO it depends on your gear specs. If you have a significant amount of haste and hve extra chi to use, then I would be pretty liberal with PB use. My plan when I get 4pc, however, will be to drop a ton of haste and rely on the proc for the majority of my PB's. Thus I will use them a bit more sparingly.
    I thought the same, but I was also pushing progression and found that it can be streaky and of course at the most inopportune times. Use it pretty liberally but also make sure you pay attention to it so you can purify as needed with Chi.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Also with the glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere the proc buff lasts 4 minutes so you can even come into a fight many times with the proc already loaded (at least the first pull after trash). Not really a big deal but I got a little laugh seeing the buff duration that high.
    You know, I'm a big fan of that glyph (so much movement this tier), but I never realized it affected the proc duration too. I always thought it was odd that the duration is something like 3:17.