Poor Performance in GW2

Hey All,

So I just bought my wife a new laptop and I'm struggling to figure out why GW2 is only running at 12fps with the lowest possible settings. I understand it's a laptop, but 12fps with everything on low with this current setup seems a bit well, low.

CPU: 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.40GHz
    GPU: Dual gt750m 2gb GDDR5 in SLI
    Driver version: 311.27
    RAM: 16.0GB PC3-12800

All other drivers and windows updates for Win 8 are up to date. I have the Power management set to high performance. For some reason I dont think the graphics cards are firing up as I dont hear the fans churning when I fire up GW2. I also dont see an option in the NVIDIA control panel to swap between integrated vs dedicated graphics so I'm assuming there is no integrated graphics that could be interfering.

Appreciate any help or suggestions on what to look at next

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 07:24 PM ----------

Edit, I found the issue. Looks like it wasnt plugged in all the way. There must be some type of power control built in thats reducing everything when its not plugged in, Ill have to look into that. 66fps in Lions arch is not half bad.

Thread can be closed, sorry for the trouble

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Hey All,

So I just bought my wife a new laptop and I'm struggling to figure out why GW2 is only running at 12fps with the lowest possible settings. I understand it's a laptop, but 12fps with everything on low with this current setup seems a bit well, low.

CPU: 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.40GHz
    GPU: Dual gt750m 2gb GDDR5 in SLI
    Driver version: 311.27
    RAM: 16.0GB PC3-12800

All other drivers and windows updates for Win 8 are up to date. I have the Power management set to high performance. For some reason I dont think the graphics cards are firing up as I dont hear the fans churning when I fire up GW2. I also dont see an option in the NVIDIA control panel to swap between integrated vs dedicated graphics so I'm assuming there is no integrated graphics that could be interfering.

Appreciate any help or suggestions on what to look at next

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 07:24 PM ----------

Edit, I found the issue. Looks like it wasnt plugged in all the way. There must be some type of power control built in thats reducing everything when its not plugged in, Ill have to look into that. 66fps in Lions arch is not half bad.

Thread can be closed, sorry for the trouble
    Laptop gpu's can't run on battery power alone, afaik there are no batteries strong enough on the market yet.