Page 1 of 2
LastLast

regarding this statement about ogres

Ogres as a playable race? Any chance of this happening (however remote)?
    We considered them for Cataclysm. We got to the point of trying to figure out what ogre ladies looked like.

http://imgur.com/wRsPOKo

I think that female ogre model looks quite good.

Polish it up some and boom a ogre female model.
    Last edited by lazzy; 2013-04-30 at 04:40 AM.

I could only hope.

There's already a thread on this subject:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Cataclysm-quot
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculation is speculative at best. Blizzard considered it, and then dismissed it after some work. Is it possible? Maybe. But not any time soon, nor is there any plan for it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There's already a thread on this subject:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Cataclysm-quot
    That thread is completely different regarding what i posted. I posted a photo of a Female Ogre that i think looks good as a response to them not being able to find a female ogre look. Want to know what other people think of that female ogre model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... completely different is a bit of a stretch.

That thread talks about ogres being playable. This thread talks about ogres being playable.

That thread mentions the quote about going so far as to explore options for female ogres. This thread mentions the quote about going so far as to explore options for female ogres.

That thread links a picture to a decent, albeit overly cutesy female ogre model. This thread links a picture to a decent, albeit overly cutesy female ogre model.

Completely different how, exactly?

I think that model is fairly polished. As for the male model, it needs to be revised to bring it to a higher polygon count. But I love the idea of the Horde having all of it's old members back (Orc, Troll, Ogre, Goblin). I'll even allow the Alliance to have their old allies back (Human, Dwarf, Gnome, High Elf), and they are pretty close to that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    That thread is completely different regarding what i posted. I posted a photo of a Female Ogre that i think looks good as a response to them not being able to find a female ogre look. Want to know what other people think of that female ogre model.
    But you're also jumping to conclusions. Blizzard didn't stop at making Ogre into a playable race because they couldn't get the look right. They stopped at WHEN they were going to, but wanted to instead include Goblins. What they said didn't say why they stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But you're also jumping to conclusions. Blizzard didn't stop at making Ogre into a playable race because they couldn't get the look right. They stopped at WHEN they were going to, but wanted to instead include Goblins. What they said didn't say why they stopped.
    I never said they were going to make them a playable race. I just posted a picture of a female oger that looks good.

I don't no what conclusions you're jumping to about stuff i never said?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Um... completely different is a bit of a stretch.

That thread talks about ogres being playable. This thread talks about ogres being playable.

That thread mentions the quote about going so far as to explore options for female ogres. This thread mentions the quote about going so far as to explore options for female ogres.

That thread links a picture to a decent, albeit overly cutesy female ogre model. This thread links a picture to a decent, albeit overly cutesy female ogre model.

Completely different how, exactly?
    That thread is a speculation thread. This is not. I simply posted a picture of a female ogre that i thought looked good. Since they said they couldn't think of one.

Deleted
    I believe there is already a open thread about that statement and ogres in general.. no matter how you twist it .

Have a nice day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said they were going to make them a playable race. I just posted a picture of a female oger that looks good.

I don't no what conclusions you're jumping to about stuff i never said?
    His point was that the look of female ogres has nothing to do with why they stopped. They have several races they consider each time. Each of those will go into concept until they make up their mind. Female ogres were in the concept art step of development when they made up their mind to use goblins instead.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    His point was that the look of female ogres has nothing to do with why they stopped. They have several races they consider each time. Each of those will go into concept until they make up their mind. Female ogres were in the concept art step of development when they made up their mind to use goblins instead.
    Again, what exactly does that have to do with anything I've said or posted?

I just posted a picture of a female ogre that i think looks good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, what exactly does that have to do with anything I've said or posted?

I posted a photo of a Female Ogre that i think looks good as a response to them not being able to find a female ogre look.
    Right there.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Could use some work. For example, her right leg has a mass of flesh sticking out below the knee and she has a pointy buttocks, though that could be an ogre thing. I'm not well educated on female ogre posterior regions. I think they would have an easier time with single-headed ogres.

I don't no what conclusions you're jumping to about stuff i never said?[COLOR="red"]
    response to them not being able to find a female ogre look.
    You said it right here you said they couldn't find a look.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Right there.
    Again WHAT does that have to do with anything. They said "We got to the point" meaning they got to the point of trying to figure out how to make the female ogres look.

I never said this has ANYTHING to do with them not putting them in the game.

I seriously have no clue what point you're trying to make.

ogre's are the next most realistic playable race IMO. Theres been speculation since vanilla before they announced blood elves. I say why not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    still think they should bring them in with rexxar being their leader

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    still think they should bring them in with rexxar being their leader
    Rexxar coming back to be with the horde would be a perfect way to bring ogres.

I remember when people would say goblins would never be in the game because they was neutral.

If goblins are here i don't see why ogres are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again WHAT does that have to do with anything. They said "We got to the point" meaning they got to the point of trying to figure out how to make the female ogres look.

I never said this has ANYTHING to do with them not putting them in the game.

I seriously have no clue what point you're trying to make.
    Ok but in context it insinuates that you are. It's not mind blowing for someone to make that conclusion based on your statements and I'm not sure why this upsets you so much.