Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Go full time. I'm from the East Coast and I had no idea there was even an option for part time so I have no idea what odd school you're trying to go to. Over here, it's you either go to school or you don't (aka dropped out). The only remote exception is trade school stuff for half a day (Vo-tech) and then the rest of your classes for the rest of the day. Even with that you're learning for the full school day.

Get some actual interaction with your peers so you don't end up that super socially awkward kid who was home schooled until college. Sure, there are some people who make out ok being home schooled for their entire lives up until college, but they are far and few between. They also did a LOT of extracurricular activities like team sports for 10+ years and balanced it out. You're going to need that knowledge to make it in the real world and college. If you can't deal with people properly you will have it pretty rough trying to get jobs or internships through interviews etc.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    Anyone who works hard in high school is wasting time. I took college classes my senior year of high school instead of wasting my own time.
    Wouldn't that mean you wasted your time since you worked hard in high school then? You were still in high school...

Also, only senior year? There are AP/IB classes starting from 9th-10th grade now for college credit (by now I mean when I went to school and I graduated almost 9 years ago) if you're worried about wasting your time unless it's for potential college credit.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Most states in the US have an online option for school subjects. Nothing wrong with doing a little of both but I agree spending some time with peers your age is a good idea even if it only for a few subjects.

Not sure how you go to public school part time but try that first.

Deleted
    If you ask me.. go to school full time. I remember the good times when you went to school, hanging around with your best friends every day. God that was some really good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drah View Post
    I am homeschooled, where I live (other than being an American) is none of your business and I am 15.
    Wow talk about rude, don't ask a question that needs more information and then snap back when asked for information, don't ask the damn question at all if you're going to be rude about it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 07:51 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure that people in public school will easily be able to guess my location on the map
    He's talking about your attitude but you likely weren't able to comprehend that.

OP is going to have a big reality check if he goes to public school.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to public school next year to finally meet some people my age but I am unsure if I should just jump into full time or start off the first semester with part time (just taking some classes, clubs, ect). Would I meet enough people part time and would full time be worth the time? I'd do the rest of my learning online if I did part time though so that I am still getting a normal education.

Can anyone help decide?
    Full-time. If you go part time to take online classes, your defeating the purpose of meeting new people. Simple as that.
    Call me House.

there's no option but to go full time cause that's the only way to fully maximize your chances of making new friends, when you fill up your classes.

you seem like you'd fit in with the hipsters, so wear a scarf on your first day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on your responses on the first page i'd say stay home. You don't look ready.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

My point still stands. You're probably better off getting your GED skipping high school and going straight to college. High school for the most part is overrated whereas college is where the action is at. In college bullying isn't nearly as much of an issue as it is in high school and being the new kid you are a likely target for such adolescent cruelty.

Also saving yourself for the right guy in college can really make all the difference.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    OP is going to have a big reality check if he goes to public school.
    This exactly. You're getting defensive about an anonymous post on the internet. Wait until it happens in person.

Homeschooling is a sham. Unless your parents are qualified teachers who are merely disappointed in the performance of the local school system, you're being robbed of a valuable education. Even if they are, you're being robbed of needed social interaction amongst your peers. It's important. Really, the social interaction of public schools prepares you for the real world where you have to interact with people all the time. I'm a computer scientist and program all day and I *still* have to interact on a regular basis with other people. I can't imagine what would ever lead a parent to homeschool a kid short of extremely violent situations.

I really wonder what they could possibly be teaching you (and at what academic level) compared to a standard public education. I can't imagine being able to teach someone everything there is to learn in a primary education, and I'm very well educated.

Public School full time, they will absolutely love you there.

Deleted
    Huh, home-schooling isn't a big thing in the U.K but i'd say do what the fuck you like.

You've got to like what you do to succeed in life, or at least to be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, with those responses. Good luck, you're going to be the best punching-bag, and I'll make sure to follow up on you to enjoy the news.
    You're 15, you act like your 10. Good luck.

I don't even know why you would consider part-time, that's a waste of your life, but so is home-schooling, and you have been doing that until 15.
    So yeah, woo.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?