View Poll Results: Should Illegal Immigrants be allowed to use government services?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

32 10.03%
  • No

214 67.08%
  • Under Certain Circumstances

73 22.88%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    How the fuck do you find out if they're immigrants at point of sale?

How are you not understanding this question?
    Are you not reading my posts?

"Taxing them more under the current system or goto a flat sales tax. Not both."

Im not saying tax immigrants 10% more under the sales tax system, im saying they should be under the current system. Was a random idea, i thought the spacing and prefaced with "Totally different topic" would of seperated the two comments. My mistake

I think he means you wont have to, like take out everyones income tax from your pay stub, and raise the tax on stuff you buy, that way everyone is pay tax, because right now the illegal guy don't have income tax

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't working your way in any constructive way to citizenship, using a form of government service?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    No they should be deported or put in prison
    Annnnnnd there goes the farm industry.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

Im not saying tax immigrants 10% more under the sales tax system, im saying they should be under the current system. Was a random idea, i thought the spacing and prefaced with "Totally different topic" would of seperated the two comments. My mistake
    So you want to tax immigrants more because someone else committed a crime?

10+ Year Old Account

The "or" implies you could tax them more. We are asking how.
    The flat tax would be taxing the poor more, not just immigrants. So, still a group of people that need pay for criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Wow so many people saying no. There are services they obviously should be able to use. Like Courts, Consular services, police, fire, and hospitals.

Not everyone jumped the fence to work in a field, some people actually actually deserve amnesty and should have a chance to argue for it. And when someone is shooting at anyone police should help. And when a house is on fire, even if its occupied by illegals, the fire department should show up and put it out.

I've never felt so liberal on this forum then in this thread.
    Ok, lets explore what would happen if they used these services.
    They call the police for whatever reason, police go to do the incident report, find out they are an illegal - deported.
    They use the court system, court finds out they are an illegal - deported.
    They call the fire department, FD does incident report, finds out they are an illegal - deported.
    They go to the hospital, get whatever is wrong fixed up. Hospital requires some ID for records, finds out they are illegal - police - deported when they are healthy enough to handle it.

They can use these things, sure, but that doesn't make them immune to their illegal status, they should still get deported when they are found out.

If they want to be here they need to do it legally.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-05-02 at 01:57 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Everyone gets hit. But, as illegal immigrants, they won't be filing for returns. Everyone else gets their money back on their return based on their income. I think this is he theory at least, not advocating, just theorizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    I think he means you wont have to, like take out everyones income tax from your pay stub, and raise the tax on stuff you buy, that way everyone is pay tax, because right now the illegal guy don't have income tax
    The type of work most illegal immigrants perform, would result in them not paying income tax, even if they were citizens.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Everyone gets hit. But, as illegal immigrants, they won't be filing for returns. Everyone else gets their money back on their return based on their income. I think this is he theory at least, not advocating, just theorizing.
    Which sounds regressive as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    The type of work most illegal immigrants perform, would result in them not paying income tax, even if they were citizens.
    Yes - but its a sales tax - paid on buying things - not on your income tax. Pretty sure illegals still buy stuff?

Which sounds regressive as fuck.
    Oh yes I agree, again just translating.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    The "or" implies you could tax them more. We are asking how.
    Are we debating what "or" means? Sorry for going offtopic with the sales tax thing.

Emergency medical coverage or go home as far as the op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, as a Cuban-American I don't want any illegals taking any kind of government aid. My grand parents worked damn hard to come to America after Castro and they worked even harder to integrate and become full-fledged citizens. I am proud to say that no one in my family lives of government money not even when they where dirt poor. My whole family has a rather healthy distrust of government, so that kind of explains it. That said I dislike Illegals like most Americans, most of the Illegals that come here specifically from Mexico and Latin America. Only come to the U.S. in order to make money quick and go back to their countries they don't care about this country at all, and will take money from where ever they can get it. Not to mention that many of the illegals here are/become criminals who not only live off taxpayer money but pollute our society with drugs and violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Ok, lets explore what would happen if they used these services.
    They call the police for whatever reason, police go to do the incident report, find out they are an illegal - deported.
    They use the court system, court finds out they are an illegal - deported.
    They call the fire department, FD does incident report, finds out they are an illegal - deported.
    They go to the hospital, get whatever is wrong fixed up. Hospital requires some ID for records, finds out they are illegal - police - deported when they are healthy enough to handle it.

They can use these things, sure, but that doesn't make them immune to their illegal status, they should still get deported when they are found out.
    There is another thing that would happen if you deported people who call the police, they wouldn't call. Crimes that could be reported, wouldn't be out of fear of deportation. It's in the best interest of society, to not scare people off from reporting crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    There is another thing that would happen if you deported people who call the police, they wouldn't call. Crimes that could be reported, wouldn't be out of fear of deportation. It's in the best interest of society, to not scare people off from reporting crime.
    So, every illegal who comes into the country just needs to find a legit reason to call the police and they have immunity? Lets just throw loopholes at them shall we?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we debating what "or" means? Sorry for going offtopic with the sales tax thing.

Emergency medical coverage or go home as far as the op.
    I'm not debating. I'm stating. There isn't room for a debate on what "or" means because there is only one use for the word "or."

You made a suggestion, I want to know how part of that suggestion works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Yes - but its a sales tax - paid on buying things - not on your income tax. Pretty sure illegals still buy stuff?
    How much money do they earn to buy stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So how exactly do you propose we tax undocumented aliens?
    Quite simple actually...FLAT TAX!

Do away with income tax and flat tax everything problem solved.

But imagine the fun they could have with it.... do you make nationals from countries pay for their illegal statesman? Continentally? Does the European union cover all of europe illegals together? What do you do when you can't figure out what nation their from? Make Canadians pay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lative View Post
    Wasn't too long ago your people were "illegal" as well. Look how that all turned out... 85% of a race destroyed by disease and random shootings...wait yeah I would be concerned. Learn from past atrocities don't let them in. Off top though. But yes these programs are for people in the United States. Why should they not be included in that list when technically they are in the United States and technically in the process of becoming citizens.
    if they are in the process of becoming a citizen (working on a green card, applying for citizenship or something of the like) THEY ARE NOT HERE ILLEGALLY.