Five Common MMO-C Misconceptions:
1. If I'm burnt out on WoW, the game must be less exciting than it was in BC/Wrath.
2. If Guild Wars 2 can do it, WoW should have done it 4-9 years ago.
3. Anything I don't get free is another way to milk the players for money.
4. "Don't hate me because I disagree" is a good way to shut down dissenting arguments.
5. GC is the root of all WoW's problems. Now that he is gone the game will be perfect again.
- Don't derail threads. Know what the thread is about and address it with your post.
- Civility is a virtue. Insulting people won't impress anyone. Be smart when you have a different opinion.
"It is the folly of too many to mistake the echo of a London coffee house for the voice of the kingdom" - Jonathan Swift
"Forum drama exists because too many people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Word and/or Design Mark Search (Structured)
There doesn't appear to be anything new yet.
Also just to add some facts to this thread:
Mists of Pandaria trademark:
Filing Date July 28, 2011
Announcement date October 21, 2011
Release date September 25, 2012
Filing Date June 26, 2009
Annoucement date August 21, 2009
Release date December 7, 2010
Wrath of the Lich King trademark:
Filing Date July 28, 2007
Announcement date August 3, 2007
Release date November 13, 2008
The Burning Crusade trademark:
Filing Date May 3, 2005
Announcement date Oct 28th, 2005
Release date January 16, 2007
Trademark filings have been anywhere from 5 months before Annoucement/Blizzcon to 5 days for the previous expansions.
The timetable this time around is a bit strange. If they announce at Blizzcon like always and spend a whole year from announcement to release, that will mean over 25 months of MoP and probably over a year of 5.4/Siege of Orgrimmar given their current patch release rate. That's not going to happen unless their goal is to kill off many subscriptions once and for all. So what alternatives does that leave us with? Either they announce before Blizzcon (unlikely) or they announce at Blizzcon and almost immediately begin their internal Alpha testing (compared to 4 months after announcing MoP). Which would push the release date to late Spring to mid Summer 2014.
Last edited by Abysal; 2013-05-02 at 08:53 AM.
im sure mmo champ will pick up on it before anyone else does since they have "people" who know stuff
MoP was released in 2012. We will see the new expansion this Blizzcon. They always have done that. Why would it change now?
Signature and Avatar by Sokogeka
Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.