View Poll Results: Is it racist?

Voters
714. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it is racist.

35 4.90%
  • No, it is a preference.

679 95.10%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Not racist although I think there's circumstances where it can be. If it's "I don't want to be with anyone of this race because I don't find them attractive" that's not racist. If it's "I won't go with anyone from this race because everyone from this race is a !@#% and I think they should all !@#$!" then yes that is racist.

But since science has shown that people are more inclined to be attracted to people who look similar to them, I think it most cases it's not racism at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It depends on the situation.

"I prefer to date white women. I have no problem with colored women, I simply prefer the way white women look."
    This is not racist.

"I prefer to date white women. I do not like colored women because reasons."
    This is racist.

Having a preference in dating partners is not racist; That's like saying being homosexual is sexist, because you won't have sex with women. Liking a different hair color is hairist because you don't like the other hair colors as much. Sounds pretty silly that way, right?

On the other hand, if you just plain don't like colored people, then you're probably pretty racist...
    The thing is that sexuality is something genetic, liking someone because he's white or black.... don't thinkso... So can you really compare the two?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    MFW 34 people voted yes.....they musta been shot down lelelele
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Ofcourse it's not racist, but you might upset some people declining them and telling them the reason, Though that goes for any reason why you're declining them.
    However, if you have a poor choice of words and tell them how disgusting and repulsive you find their skin color or features, you might come of as racist intended or not.

But in general i'd vote no, it isn't racism.
    Way to necro a 5 month old thread.

Deleted
    Is it racist to prefer some people over others? Depends.

Is it racist to mention it on every possible occasion that you do it?
    And if you do it most of the time without being asked first or does it matter that you mention it while the
    subject is something entirely else?

If i go in a Bank and scream i don't fuck jews - antisemitic.
    Same goes probably for a public place like an online forum.

I think the only racists involved are the ones outside of your thing making comments.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Way to necro a 5 month old thread.
    You're "contributing" to the thread so you clearly don't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generalizing/Proclaiming X race is Y.

Racist.

Preferring X race over Y.

Preference.

It's only racist if you brag about it.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

It can go both ways. But I do feel it's mainly a preference thing.

I do think that a lot of times this could be used as a sort of "naked man" scenario, as another popular recent thread. Basically someone claiming racism to get someone into bed with them. And yes, this can work for anyone regardless of skin color or gender.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't judge the person for being a different race, don't dislike them because of it, or think they are somehow lesser than yourself, then no it is not racist at all.

You really have no control over who you find attractive or not. Which is also why it makes no sense to be so harsh towards homosexuals, as some people are.

I like Slavic women but I'm Asian. Depending on one's definition of "racist" I maybe one. But when it comes to the definition of tolerance VS intolerance over different ethnicity, than I would not fall under such a category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the five month necro and some of the bickering over who is racist or not, I think this thread has run its course. Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |