Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I hope Sylvanas turns against Vol'jin, offs that stinky foot bastard, and takes control of the Horde. Installs Rexxar to command the Orcs and rule the West. Raises up Hellscream as her champion to lead her armies to build a new Empire on the Eastern continent. Then laughs in the face of the Pandaren, and wipes them out with plague.

Then WoW lore would be cool again.
    Get this man a job at blizzard!

I expected 5.3 to show what the Forsaken are up to as 5.1 and 5.2 featured the blood elves. At this point I don't expect anything grand from them as far as SoO goes.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    rarely used?
    The Orc ships are used everywhere
    Please provide examples, because the only for the life of me, I cannot remember seeing the Orc Navy. Zepplins sure, they use loads of them but I cannot remember seeng a boat. As a user said above, the Orc ships are more like people carriers rather than Galleons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    Please provide examples, because the only for the life of me, I cannot remember seeing the Orc Navy. Zepplins sure, they use loads of them but I cannot remember seeng a boat. As a user said above, the Orc ships are more like people carriers rather than Galleons.
    You see tonnes of them as an Alliance player. (And they are loaded with weapons, battalions of wyverns, and even the occasional entirely-unnatural Dire Orc.)

Of course, that accounts for about ten of us worldwide, it would seem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    You see tonnes of them as an Alliance player. (And they are loaded with weapons, battalions of wyverns, and even the occasional entirely-unnatural Dire Orc.)

Of course, that accounts for about ten of us worldwide, it would seem.

Ahh that would explain why I've almost-never seen any

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude. Really. Check the coast of Ashenvale, Vashj'ir, Twilight Highlands seaside...

Sylvanas is no patriot of the horde, sure. But she does kind of owe Thrall / Vol'jin for helping her reclaim the undercity from varimathras.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Wouldn't exactly call the Undead and Blood Elves firm allies. Maybe back in TBC when they were just zombies trying to find their place in the world. But now that they have found their place in the world, I don't think the Blood Elves are too pleased with them, given they are toying with Plague: not unlike what the Scourge used in the march on Silvermoon.

However I could be wrong: I don't read too much into Horde lore.
    The Scourge never used plague as a direct weapon to my knowledge. The Scourge "plague" was just the catalyst agent that turned 60% of the human population of Lordaeron into undead, who were then directed by the Scourgelords to attack and spread the infection of undeath. In fact, since there are no officially "forsaken" elves* it can be reasonably assumed that the original Scourge Plague probably wouldnt even have worked on elves.

*To clarify, I mean no Forsaken Elves in the classic "walking corpse sentient zombie" Forsaken sense. All undead Elves in the ranks of the forsaken are Banshees, most of whom would have most likely been created by necromancers in the Cult of the Damned. Heck, even Sylvanas is really nothing more then a Banshee who is just Possessing her original elf body.

So while Sylvanas and crew were the first to actively begin to "weaponize" it as a direct dilevery method of death / destruction, their use of the plague would really have nothing to tie them to any kind of Blood Elf sentiment regarding the initial Scourge invasion.

Also, don't forget, the original Mandate of the RAS was to create a plague that could be used to kill the Scourge. I don't believe it was ever initially intended to be used to kill non scourge. It wasn't untill the Wrathgate event and the discovery that that putress had weaponized the plague to a much farther extent then she first thought that she decided to see what she could do with the new plague she had on her hands.

The Blood Elves by and large all appear to be smart enough to realize that the Forsaken and the Scourge only have being undead in common, unlike most of the human factions of Lordaeron, who seemingly can't (or willingly dont want to) make a distinction between the two.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-05-03 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Sylvanas is no patriot of the horde, sure. But she does kind of owe Thrall / Vol'jin for helping her reclaim the undercity from varimathras.
    Yes but she would not have done favor to them by capturing Lands Voljin and Thrall done give a Sh*T and again worsening situation with Alliance (though It is not ceased yet.).
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    those ships docked off Domination point, looming off Lion's Landing, those are Orc ships

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Dude. Really. Check the coast of Ashenvale, Vashj'ir, Twilight Highlands seaside...
    that too/10char
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Sylvanas turns against Vol'jin, offs that stinky foot bastard, and takes control of the Horde. Installs Rexxar to command the Orcs and rule the West. Raises up Hellscream as her champion to lead her armies to build a new Empire on the Eastern continent. Then laughs in the face of the Pandaren, and wipes them out with plague.

No that's horrible lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No that's horrible lore.
    Yeah, personaly, I would exterminate orcs, not give them general.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    unlike most of the human factions of Lordaeron, who seemingly can't (or willingly dont want to) make a distinction between the two.
    There is always going to be bad blood between the remaining humans of Lordaeron and the Forsaken, their lands and families were wiped out by legions of undead horrors. Not to mention the events at Southshore, you don't easily look past that. And to be honest, going from recent storylines, the Forsaken and the Scourge are starting to have a lot more in common than just being undead.

As for Sylvanas taking Ironforge or Stormwind, not really possible since both cities will still have stationed mages and functioning portal hubs to all the other major capitals. Her army along wont be strong enough to take the Alliance capitals even with their Navy occupied at Orgrimmar. And as has been said - the Argent Crusade will keep her in check if she starts stirring shit up in the Plaguelands as well.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Sylvanas will stick with the non-Garrosh Horde I think. I just remembered the children's week dialogue from the quest with her and she pretty much says she owes the Horde a debt for looking out for her people while also making it clear she doesn't much fancy Garrosh.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    And as has been said - the Argent Crusade will keep her in check if she starts stirring shit up in the Plaguelands as well.
    What makes anyone think that Argent Crusade can keep someone in check.

they always say one thing

10+ Year Old Account

if that happens im switching to horde and rebuying all the xpacs to support it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What makes anyone think that Argent Crusade can keep someone in check.
    Intense hatred towards Sylvanas, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    There is always going to be bad blood between the remaining humans of Lordaeron and the Forsaken, their lands and families were wiped out by legions of undead horrors. Not to mention the events at Southshore, you don't easily look past that. And to be honest, going from recent storylines, the Forsaken and the Scourge are starting to have a lot more in common than just being undead.

As for Sylvanas taking Ironforge or Stormwind, not really possible since both cities will still have stationed mages and functioning portal hubs to all the other major capitals. Her army along wont be strong enough to take the Alliance capitals even with their Navy occupied at Orgrimmar. And as has been said - the Argent Crusade will keep her in check if she starts stirring shit up in the Plaguelands as well.
    I think you greatly overestimate power of crusade. Considering that majority of they forces in wpl are younglings and recruits they would stand no chance against forsaken. Undead would beat them not only with strenght and better technology but also posses discipline to execute actual military manuvers. Yelling about holy light and other imaginary friends won't save them.

Garrosh has made leading the Forsaken a whole lot more difficult since day one. I don't see why she wouldn't want him removed from his position as Warchief.