Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You should watch the show Gantz. It's an anime. I've heard it's really uplifting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Just a heads up to everyone, I feel ashamed by the MMOchamp community, this lad just wanted a pat on the back and then he gets flamed like he posted a US/religion/gun-thread. MMOChampion, you dissapoint me... again.
    Posts 4, 8, 10 and 12 stated what they should actually do, but they didn't want actual advice.

Deleted
    Lol if you don't like this topic don't go there, the title isn't misleading either. And what makes you stupid only-rational-thinking-people think the only way to get out of his depression is to see a doctor? There could be a doctor right here on this forum who can help him. And advices like JfmC gave is sometimes enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

OT: A maybe helpful tip from me, let all the negative people around you just be. Try to be positive, smile, and then positivity will come towards you. Act like you have nothing to lose, don't care about consequences. Don't look long-term but short

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Posts 4, 8, 10 and 12 stated what they should actually do, but they didn't want actual advice.
    People don't want advice; they want justification and agreement on their already made decision and opinions..... and attention.

*edit*

and hand jobs... forgot those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classy MMO Champ. Have any sort of issue ever? Go see a doctor! Don't use the potentially helpful forums and save time and money! Believe it or not, people on the internet can >>actually<< help or give input that is helpful. Just because not every one here is a doctor doesn't mean we are all stupid and can't answer any medical related question.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I think you need to go back and understand why you feel this way. When you look at that picture when you were 10 did you have the same feelings as you do now? Was losing your dad the main reason you started feeling this way? You sound like you want to run away from everything but that won't solve anything. You need to turn around and face it head on and you might have to get professional help to do it.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    What are your suggestions then??
    I dont wanna run around on meds that's not a option for me.
    When your serotonine levels in your synaptic clefts drops, the happiness impulse that is supposed to be sent by your nervous cells fails to be sent. Taking selective serotonine reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) would increase the concentration of serotonine in the post synaptic cleft and the impulse would be sent. If you take the meds for 4-6 weeks you <should> experience an increased sense of happiness and purpose.
    Side effects to having low concentrations of serotonine in the synaptic clefts are depressions through sadness, lowered sexual urges, less spontaneous behavior and an inability to feel anger.
    A depression is more than what you can just take medicine for in my opinion, though. If you refuse to look at the bright side of things, you will always see the dark side. Meds or no meds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seek professional help.

They will be able to diagnose what type of depression you have, and will be able to tell you whether it can be treated by therapy, medication, exercise, diet, etc.

It's great that some people have been cured, and that they post stories to encourage you, but under no circumstances should you do anything other than seek professional help to see what is wrong with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you enlighten us why you choose to seek help on this particular forum? It's not bad to ask a question like this on a gaming forum but you should've seen some of the more negative comments comming. And I must say, this is probably not the best forum to be asking these type of questions. Simple google search would given you more forums that have far better fit what what you are looking/asking for.

I'm abit confused by your title, are you implying that you are depressed most of the summers, but are ok/fine in autumn/winter? Or depressed feelings all the time? Clinical Psychologist use the DSM-IV-TR (diagnostic and statistic manual of mental disorders) to assess a person. I think it would be important for you to actually go see a psychologist and just speak with him/her and maybe they will asses you, it's important to know what exactly you're dealing with before you start talking about possible solutions.

I can tell you right now that a fuckton of people on this planet will think they have a depression but may not neccesarily be diagnosed with it, as in they underestimate themselves.

Also, you are saying things like "I think I don't deserve this and that", you need to work out why you you think you don't deserve those kind of things. Often when you start thinking about possible questions to your own answers/thoughts you see that the opposite is actually true (you do deserve things!), or that those thoughts are ungrounded (as you've got no real arguments for them).

Another thing I would like to say is that you could use the thoughts you have about your dad and use them for positive emotions. What would he want for you? I think you would want to make him proud. You can do this with little things like, 'Can't be arsed to go to work, but i will anyway I need to move forward', but it can also be applied to more significant situations. Even if you pretend the person that you would like to be, over time you will actually be that person (see TED talk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc <-- very inspiring).

I'm a 2nd year bachelor Psyc student, so I'm not talking crap or anything.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    Heey there Trackslix,

I'm speaking from my Point Of View and feeling somehow connected to your story, remember I am just like you nothing more than a human.

I've realized that calling out or seeking help will make things worse.... YOU NEED (I repeat) NEED to find a way to cope with yourself... because I went out for help..... and it got me closer to dead than anything in my life....

We are great being as Humans....You are build to cope with yourself like everyone else.. (its why others who CAN NOT relate, think you are just looking for attention, I think that if you saw yourself from another Point of view you would think that you are asking for attention, its the simplicity of our brain)

And it feels like you base your actions to much on you thoughts...
    We need to realize that the idea behind 'thinking'(inner voice) is rather hard yet simple, If the 'Thought' isn't created by thinking then it doesn't exist...
    Your thoughts are yours and yours only... (You have probably thought about stuff others Never have, how stupid it may seem) <- is how Revolutions/great discoveries are done...

Be aware of your greatness in being different...... and sorry that its hard on you/us.....

Only tip I could give is: Trust your inner being, and give him back the control it had over 'you'. And cut back on the thinking, keep yourself(your mind) 'Occupied' like almost everyone else does.... or Stay Yourself!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Dude? I'm not a Californian surfer or a Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle.

You clearly are attention seeking. I know people who are genuinely depressed, and they don't even answer their fucking phone nevermind post on a forum.

Stop wasting our time.
    Because you obviously know everything there is to know about depression. Let me guess, the closest you've been to one is that guy in the supermarket who looked like he was homeless? (btw in case your brain fails to comprehend what I meant, that's not depression)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    No prob
    Listen to Eminem, he pulled me trough a lot of tough times

This guy got it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Because you obviously know everything there is to know about depression. Let me guess, the closest you've been to one is that guy in the supermarket who looked like he was homeless? (btw in case your brain fails to comprehend what I meant, that's not depression)
    Whataboutery.

on a side note I was really surprised when I learned that suicide rates in the summer are higher since during the winter months people would attribute their feelings of depression / suicidal thoughts to the weather which isn't possible if it's truly amazing outside ***

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the ppl who actually posted helpful and friendly replys cheers for that
    Life aint worth livin, without Adrenaline Rush

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casing Jeoofd View Post
    Heey there Trackslix,

I'm speaking from my Point Of View and feeling somehow connected to your story, remember I am just like you nothing more than a human.

I've realized that calling out or seeking help will make things worse.... YOU NEED (I repeat) NEED to find a way to cope with yourself... because I went out for help..... and it got me closer to dead than anything in my life....

We are great being as Humans....You are build to cope with yourself like everyone else.. (its why others who CAN NOT relate, think you are just looking for attention, I think that if you saw yourself from another Point of view you would think that you are asking for attention, its the simplicity of our brain)

And it feels like you base your actions to much on you thoughts...
    We need to realize that the idea behind 'thinking'(inner voice) is rather hard yet simple, If the 'Thought' isn't created by thinking then it doesn't exist...
    Your thoughts are yours and yours only... (You have probably thought about stuff others Never have, how stupid it may seem) <- is how Revolutions/great discoveries are done...

Be aware of your greatness in being different...... and sorry that its hard on you/us.....

Only tip I could give is: Trust your inner being, and give him back the control it had over 'you'. And cut back on the thinking, keep yourself(your mind) 'Occupied' like almost everyone else does.... or Stay Yourself!!
    If you have friends (that are actually friends bare that in mind) then seeking help from them is a good thing. I agree in the sense of acting all bitchy constantly saying "i hate my life" is more of an attention issue, but if it is really a true issue then i wouldn't see why you wouldn't want help.

I have never suffered from depression when i actually recognised what it was so i could be very wrong about how depression affects the mind.

Well I expect to fail in things so lots of them I dont try, I know from experience what will not work out.
    Drag yourself to do what needs to be done, falling back on your misery and hatred to keep you moving.

Honestly what is out there that you could do, actually enjoy and gain anything from doing, consider these things and then plan.
    Eating unhealthy is not punishing yourself, punishing yourself if beating yourself until your bleeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    *hugs *comfort ~I mean them sincerely, they aren't lies ^^

I feel that you may have had somebody in your life telling you some of these negative things about yourself. Over time, these negative sayings have become part of your everyday inner dialogue, a mantra even & you feel you have to believe it. Who are you comparing yourself to anyway?

Many ppl have terrible inner dialogue to themselves about all kinds of things ~ their appearance, from weight or muscle tone, to skin, hair, teeth, just all you can imagine, all the shallow & meaningless points to pick on looks-wise, b/c deep down you have to know that a person is NOT their looks~ looks are a very unimportant piece of the total person~ & then also they attack their own intelligence, job history or lack of, bf/gf history or lack of...it goes on & on & on in an endless spewing of terrible, hurtful, negative attacks on yourself. Would you let others treat you this way?!

It's virtually a torture to yourself that NEVER makes you do better or approach life in a better way. It is simply a way to put yourself down & whether it came from another source initially (parent or custodian that mistreated you) or from yourself somehow, it is NOT a tool that will ever lead to happiness or improvement.

I sincerely feel that you are stuck in a loop, a very bad habit, with this mentality of being against yourself, your awful inner dialogue that is constantly attacking you & never feeling "good enough". With any habit, you have to replace the bad habit with a good one instead of simply trying to stop cold turkey.

You have to work on what you really like about yourself. I know your initial reaction might be "NOTHING!" but that isn't completely true. That is a reaction based on your own brainwashing of yourself & you'll see that in time. If you calmly sit yourself down with a notebook & maybe a warm cup of tea or something non-alcoholic, b/c you need to stay clear minded to approach this with some common sense, you look at yourself and be KIND. Come up with 10 things that you know are good about you, without attacking yourself emotionally or mentally. Who gives a flying fuck whether you are/were best at something? That kind of "winning" comes & goes. What REALLY counts is what is in your heart & how you treat & judge others. I doubt you are as harsh & cruel on others as you are yourself. Think of yourself as the child you were when you lost your Dad, which btw I am so sincerely sorry to hear & I offer you comfort through this reply. Looking back, how would you have treated yourself back then?

I wonder if anyone was there for you emotionally when you lost him? Children who lose a parent should always get some sort of support for their emotional well being & probably grief counseling as well. I feel that may not have happened for you & it still weighs heavily on your heart & mind. That certainly isn't a fault of yours, its the fault of whoever was in charge of you as a child. I realize they may have been going through a loss as well, but any adult and/or parent should be more aware of what the child is going through & that children have no experiences to fall back on that an adult does to handle major loss.

How would you approach a child who has lost a parent? Ignore them? Tell them to suck it up? Pretend it didn't happen? How would you approach yourself as a kid when you lost your Dad? I doubt you'd attack yourself or another kid going through that. And that's my point that you aren't somehow bad at everything you attempt, but I think you were either judged too harshly growing up or ignored. Something wasn't right, but since I don't know you personally I can't say for sure. Either way, you have been taught to beat yourself up mercilessly for no reason & it's become habit & your daily approach to yourself.

I feel that b/c of these things that were no fault of yours that you are suffering needlessly now. Aside from focusing daily on stopping that disgusting loop of inner dialogue that does nothing but hurt you & bring you down, you begin to replace it with saying things that are kind & comforting; "I may have woken up a bit late but everyone does that sometimes! It's alright." "I wish I had _________ but just having that won't change who I am. I know I am OK whether I get ____ or not." "I am worth the effort to try to be good & kind to myself everyday. I don't have to be perfect, I just have to try my best & be forgiving & accept that living in the moment instead of sacrificing it for the future or past is better for me than continuing to be cruel to myself."

I truly believe that a counselor could really help you reprogram your thoughts from hate to acceptance & eventually compassion & love. I hope you seriously consider it b/c you are sacrificing today for the unknowns of tomorrow & loss of yesterday. Your present self's happiness/contentedness can't be based on the future or past so much. :)

I sincerely wish you well~ I believe you're worth it, now YOU work on believing that too! <3
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2013-05-11 at 12:56 AM.

Go outside and soak up some vitamin D, drink some water, and do a bit of exercise... it'll do wonders for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Dude? I'm not a Californian surfer or a Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle.

You clearly are attention seeking. I know people who are genuinely depressed, and they don't even answer their fucking phone nevermind post on a forum.

Stop wasting our time.
    People have different ways of coping with depression. It's not something that's constant across the board. Being a dick isn't needed.