Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

Palestine now recognised by greater power than US or Israel

Google.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/may/03/google-palestine-palestinian-territories

The free market has decided. Palestine is a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, google recognizing Palestine as a country actually means Palestine is a country...."sarcasm"

Words are words, its determined by the one that has greater power, and Israel has that power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Dunno why the US has to be so retarded when it comes to Israel/Palestine. Well, I guess I do know why, but that doesn't make it any less retarded

I think the palestinians deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. I would like to see them given what they are owed and for the israelis to leave them alone.

What exactly is it that you feel they are owed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I think the Palestinians deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. I would like to see them given what they are owed and for the israelis to leave them alone.
    Yes, they definitely deserve to be treated with respect and dignity when they fire upon innocent civilians from gaza, for example. Or hiding nearby innocent civilians knowing that they are endangering their lives when Israel counter-attacks.

Or how about the repeated attempts of negotiations being refused from the Palestinians when Israel tried to make some deals regarding the land distribution for the Palestinians?

Sure there are both fuck ups from both sides but it's pretty clear Israel has been making attempts at quelling the fighting but Palestine wants to keep fighting...as the words they said "till the ground is soaked with Israeli blood" (paraphrased but you get my point).

They don't deserve dignity and respect when they aren't even trying to exemplify those traits

I think the palestinians should be able to live on their land and not be pushed out by jewish settlements, this applies only to the west bank. I actually used to think the palestinians were evil terrorists who should be banished, until I watched a documentary and it was eye opening. The movie was called 5 broken cameras and it changed my perceptions of what is going on and what the israeli propaganda machine has been pumping out for the last 20 years. There are always 2 sides to every story.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2013-05-04 at 07:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the palestinians should be able to live on their land and not be pushed out by jewish settlements, this applies only to the west bank.
    Israel has made plenty of attempts to broker land settlements to the Palestinians, The fact of the matter is that the UN made Israel a country and that is that, I'm not sure they deserve to even have their lands returned when all they want to do is practically genocide the Jews and everyone in Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Israel has made plenty of attempts to broker land settlements to the Palestinians, The fact of the matter is that the UN made Israel a country and that is that, I'm not sure they deserve to even have their lands returned when all they want to do is practically genocide the Jews and everyone in Israel
    Thats what the israeli media wants you to think, maybe its time for you to think for yourself and find out the facts.

Not sure how this is Google really supporting it. The Google spokemans just said they are following the lead of the UN and some other groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Not sure how this is Google really supporting it. The Google spokemans just said they are following the lead of the UN and some other groups.
    Google are the ones with the true power. They can decide what you see, they can decide what you hear. That which they declare shall become truth.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

guardian? Almost as bad as Fox or CNN.

Also there is no greater power than the US or the entire United Nations would have stopped us from going to Iraq after they told us we couldn't and only later changed their minds when we went anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what the israeli media wants you to think, maybe its time for you to think for yourself and find out the facts.
    Israel Media? I don't even...

Here you go buddy, go verify each events, i'm pretty sure i think for myself and have all the facts straight, i think you need to pull your head out of that dark cave and provide better reasoning to your opinions other then "well i think they deserve dignity because its right"

http://www.theisraelproject.org/atf/..._FOR_PEACE.PDF

I mean with Hamas dedicated to destroying Israel and are practically the forefront leadership of the Palestinian region, there's no question as to who is trying to rile things up
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2013-05-04 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Google are the ones with the true power. They can decide what you see, they can decide what you hear. That which they declare shall become truth.
    Google made you say that, didn't it?

Well, let's just follow that line of reasoning a little further and see what's next in the progression of events...

Deleted
    All joking aside, referring to the Google thing, it is possible for two neighboring enemies to live together in peace, and even like each other.

Case and point, Finland and Russia. The Winter War took 26 thousand Finns and 127 thousand Russians. The Continuation War took 63 thousand Finns and 265 thousand Russians. That's 89 thousand dead, missing or captured Finns, 392 thousand dead, missing or captured Russians. That's a total of almost half a million casualties of one sort or another. Still today, we are the best of neighbors. Sure, ours was a short conflict, and worlds apart from the Israel - Palestine -issue, but the point still stands; enemies can become peaceful neighbors and even friends.

It takes doing, and I definitely don't have the answers. Perhaps sooner than later there really can be a two state solution. The only alternatives? Well, either one side gets completely annihilated, or it continues on forever. Maybe a generational shift is in order. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Google made you say that, didn't it?
    I am Google's will. Lay down your arms and surrender to Google!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    Israel Media? I don't even...

Here you go buddy, go verify each events, i'm pretty sure i think for myself and have all the facts straight, i think you need to pull your head out of that dark cave and provide better reasoning to your opinions other then "well i think they deserve dignity because its right"

http://www.theisraelproject.org/atf/..._FOR_PEACE.PDF

I mean with Hamas dedicated to destroying Israel and are practically the forefront leadership of the Palestinian region, there's no question as to who is trying to rile things up
    Israeli soldiers attack regular palestinians every single day, but they dont allow people to film it. They will take your camera and break it if they see it. So maybe you need to pull your head out of the sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    All joking aside, referring to the Google thing, it is possible for two neighboring enemies to live together in peace, and even like each other.

Case and point, Finland and Russia. The Winter War took 26 thousand Finns and 127 thousand Russians. The Continuation War took 63 thousand Finns and 265 thousand Russians. That's 89 thousand dead, missing or captured Finns, 392 thousand dead, missing or captured Russians. That's a total of almost half a million casualties of one sort or another. Still today, we are the best of neighbors. Sure, ours was a short conflict, and worlds apart from the Israel - Palestine -issue, but the point still stands; enemies can become peaceful neighbors and even friends.

It takes doing, and I definitely don't have the answers. Perhaps sooner than later there really can be a two state solution. The only alternatives? Well, either one side gets completely annihilated, or it continues on forever. Maybe a generational shift is in order. Who knows.
    Palestine was fairly friendly to Zionists. Once upon a time they were peaceful neighbours. Then the Israelis were given huge swathes of land that didn't belong to the Zionists and started a war with the natives. If Israel went back to the borders of 48 I think there'd be a real chance of peace.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Israel and Palestine have both screwed the pooch on peace deals.. the Closest was with Arafat, and since then the Palestinians have had a bit of a problem.. a schism in teh governing bodies.. you have two elected governments both saying they are legit for the country and both having different ideas how to address israel..

And Israel has been purposefully pushing buttons just to keep them unstable so they cannot organize and actually get back their land. The current crop of Israeli politicians are quite hardline in regards to palestine and do not want to compromise and do what is best for both they just want everything for Israel and damn who gets pissed.