Deleted

Heirloom Weapons

I recently started lvling a monk. The idiot that i am, i bought him a 2H mace.. (Lol?). Now i am at the point that i got 4k JP again, but what weapons should i buy for him? Im planning to Lvl as Tank. Shall i dualwield, or take the Staff?

I believe DW out-perfoms 2h in late game, not that it's a huge difference at low level, but still..
    I cant remember exactly what stats they have, but from experience you keep missing while leveling due to lack of +Hit, so if any of them have Hit, i'd go with that.

(And DW looks cool when the swords are on your back imo)
    But i doubt there's a huge difference while leveling.. try adding the stats from 2x swords together and compare it to each other at level ~75.. the difference should minimal.

I decided to level with the fist weapons from the Brawlers' Guild. They look so awesome and you don't really need any tanking stats till level 90.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personal play style in the end, and what weapons are being chosen (one with the higher stats, one procs this, another procs that). I would go with the staff.
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-05-04 at 12:48 PM.

You could upgrade the Mace to work until 85(unless you are able to pick up a good MoP blue/green 2 handed agi wep from AH)

Deleted
    The difference while leveling isn't significant between 2H and dual wield. Take the stuff you want to play with imo I had both 2H and dual wield and swapped around for fun for different animations when I leveled

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephilia View Post
    I believe DW out-perfoms 2h in late game, not that it's a huge difference at low level, but still..
    I cant remember exactly what stats they have, but from experience you keep missing while leveling due to lack of +Hit, so if any of them have Hit, i'd go with that.

(And DW looks cool when the swords are on your back imo)
    But i doubt there's a huge difference while leveling.. try adding the stats from 2x swords together and compare it to each other at level ~75.. the difference should minimal.
    BoA armor is covered in hit.

There really is only one factor when tossing up between BoA weapons, and that is this: "What do I think looks cooler?"

Any differences in output while levelling are so miniscule and inconsequential they're not even worth bothering about. What's the point of optimising for a few-percentage increase in output when you're blowing shit up in just a handful of GCD's anyway?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Either the dual wield maces or the staff will preform basically the same, it really doesn't matter while leveling (1-80 is faceroll anyway). I'd choose the staff personally. I did level by dual wielding but regretted not getting the staff because of a druid I'm levelling. :P

I went with the fist weapons due to not much people having them, but I really dont think it matters that much while leveling/

Dual Weild I think is the best way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    BoA armor is covered in hit.

There really is only one factor when tossing up between BoA weapons, and that is this: "What do I think looks cooler?"

Any differences in output while levelling are so miniscule and inconsequential they're not even worth bothering about. What's the point of optimising for a few-percentage increase in output when you're blowing shit up in just a handful of GCD's anyway?
    cloth has none lol, it sucks, glad the leather does at least

also, gotta think if you can use that weapon for another toon later or not XD
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.